16: Date # 13: Far away from the city

Can This Be Real?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I walked out of the airport, Taecyeon was waiting for me with a card.

Taec: Its another mission. He opened up and read.

To Taecyeon and Jolene:

You are given a chance to run away from the hustle bustle of your daily life. You are to go far away from the city, but still you have to work for food.

Jo: What? Where are we going?

Staff: We will take you to the place.

We were on board on the back of the truck.

Taec: I asked one of the crew just now, we are going to the countryside.

Taecyeon was asleep as soon as the truck moved. He was leaning on me. I was enjoying the view until I got tired and went to sleep as well. I woke up, as the truck is moving unsteadily through the bumpy road. Taecyeon woke up as well.

Jo: Its a farmers land.

Taecyeon let out a sigh.

Taec: Don't tell me we are farming.

The truck stopped in front of a big wooden house, and the land was filled with vegetables and other crops. As we got down from the truck, there was an old couple standing there waiting for us.

Man: Welcome. I am Mr. Han. Your mission today is simple. You had to work on my farm in exchange of some vegetables for you to cook.

Jo: Okay, Uncle. What do we do first?

Uncle Han: Help me harvest the corns.

We changed into farming clothes before he led us to the corn field and taught us how to do it. I plucked the corns while Taecyeon pushed a cart to pick it up. We had about a few carts full before we got tired and rest under a tree. Auntie Han gave us some icy juice to drink.

Taec & Jo: Kamsahapnida.

We both greeted and bowed slightly. After the break, Uncle Han asked us to dig up some sweet potatoes. I was actually enjoyed digging. Taecyeon was observing me.

Taec: Yah! What are you doing? Are you playing?

Jo: Sort of.

I giggled as I pulled out some of the sweet potatoes. I swang the potatoes around.

Jo: Goguoma! (Korean Sweet Potato)

Taec: Thats right!

I dug up some more dirt out and purposely shove it to his shoes.

Taec: Hey, work properly. You looked like you are digging for gold.

I giggled again. We managed to get 3 baskets full. He found a water hose nearby and inspected the ground. He straight away watered the vegetables.

Taec: Angel, pull out the weeds there.

He pointed at the ground. I followed his order and start pulling any grass or weeds that are grown near the crops. He went further to water some flower plants as well. I was going on further but I see Uncle Han is doing a good job anyway since there are not much weeds to be taken out. I went near to Taecyeon, and looked around if there are any weeds there. Taecyeon turned and sprayed some water on me.

Jo: Ok Taecyeon!!

Taec: Oh I am sorry. I thought you are a flower plant.

He laughed out loud. Uncle Han finally asked us to stop.

Uncle Han: Come in our house and rest.

As we were on the way, I found a kitten running around in the front yard. I caught the kitten and carried it inside while it furs. Taecyeon too it.

Auntie Han: Her name is Mimi.

Jo: Mimi? I laughed as it was the same name as my stylist

Taec: Your friends name.

He chuckled.

Aunt Han: Come sit down and eat. I prepared for you.

Taec: Auntie, I thought we were only be given vegetables for cooking.

Aunt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter