Taeyeon's Intervention

Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Staring at her phone screen, the ice princess let out a deep sigh before she's laying it next to her and running her fingers through her hair in a frustrated manner. It had been a few days since she's last spoken to Eunjin and to say that she was guilty would have been an understatement. Right after she told her that she had been the person she was talking to, they both just sat in silence before Eunjin excused herself and left.

 

"Y-You're..." Jessica watched as the realization smacked the other right across the face and she had no words to say. She watched as opened and closed a few times before she kept it shut, her lips pursed into a thin line and Jessica could see the hurt and embarrassment that was reflected in her warm brown orbs before she's in a deep breath and then getting up. "Exucse me."

And the way her voice breaks was the same with how Jessica's own heart broke as she watched the girl gather her things and exit the cafe.

 

"God, I just had to ruin things like that, didn't I?" She muttered to herself as she rubbed her forehead. After that, Jessica tried to text Eunjin again, hoping that she was safe at home. It had become a routine. She would check on the other while also saying that she was sorry. Good morning, sorry. Have you eaten? Sorry again. I hope you're doing well, sorry. She had to scroll through her phone how many times at the messages she's left before she just put her phone down and hoped that it wouldn't be the last time she would get to speak with her. She's checked her channel the past few days, only seeing one new video posted maybe two days ago where Eunjin sang. No commentaries, no anything. Just a simple song cover.

Her thoughts are interupted by the couch dipping and she looks up to see Taeyeon's worried gaze and she smiles weakly. "Hey. No date today?" She questions before the kid leader is shaking her head and then offering a hug. "Fany went out to see some friends." She replied while squeezing her shoulder. "What about you? What are you up to?" Though she hasn't told the girls what exactly happened, they knew well enough not to pry when she came home in such a depressing mood and her eyes b with tears.

"I finished everything I needed. Most of my schedules are tomorrow." She shrugs, but Taeyeon shakes her head. "I mean you, not work." Hearing this makes her frown a bit before she let out a deep breath. "Eunjin knows and... she isn't talking to me." She cuddled up to Taeyeon's side, curling herself into a ball while her friend held her. "I know I should have done it sooner but... god, I'm such a horrible person. She was talking to her idol and she's told me so many things so I can understand why she feels embarrassed." She ranted but the kid leader shook her head as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Sica, you aren't a horrible person. You had your own reason for not telling her and if she doesn't understand that then maybe she isn't worth the trouble." She explained, though she could see that Jessica didn't like the idea of just dropping the friendship she was hoping to have.

She was so adamant on keeping Eunjin around when Taeyeon denied it, but what she did only ended up ruining the chance she had.

Taeyeon felt bad, of course. She saw how Jessica was alone most times and she could understand why she wanted someone else's company. She felt guilty because they were all focused on their own relationships that they didn't realize the friend they were neglecting. "Come on. I know what we're going to do."

Pulling away, she looks quizically at her friend, but she just offers a smile before tugging the ice princess to her feet. "Get dressed. We're going out and I'm not taking no for an answer." Groaning, Jessica follows the leader's orders and gets off the couch, earning a light pat on the before she's off to her room while Taeyeon moves to her own to get changed while texting her girlfriend and informing her of where she and Jessica are going. At the reply, she ended up laughing before shaking her head and then proceeding with her plans with the sulking ice princess.

 

"Taengoo, where are we headed?" The girl whined while she leaned against the window to see if she was familiar with the area they were headed. Taeyeon didn't say anything about their destination and just hopped into the car before driving off. She wouldn't even give her a hint and Jessica just wanted to go back inside her room and sulk as she waited for Eunjin to talk to her again.

"Aish, just sit still and stop sulking." She gave her infamous ajhumma laugh as Jessica pouted and crossed her arms. She honestly isn't sure how Jessica would react to her plans, but it had to happen. So as she pulled up in front of a house, Jessica finally sat up straight before looking around. "Where are we? This isn't your or any of the girls' house." She stated as she looked at her friend, who just shrugged and then got out. "Wait here."

As soon as the door closed, Jessica would whine as she watched her friend walk up the steps and knock on the door before waiting for a reply. Honestly, maybe this was a friend of Taeyeon's and she just wanted Jessica to hang out instead of moping around in the dorm.

​​​But as the door opened, the ice princess' eyes widened in disbelief when she saw who answered the door. "What the hell?" She was mentally questioning how Taeyeon knew where the girl lived, or what relations t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter