one

5 Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taemin was annoyed. 

But he always is when he decides to meet up with the rest of Jongin’s group of friends for lunch. Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Baekhyun were all loudly debating over who was hotter between Yoona and Suzy and it was drawing more attention from those around them. So far they were far from a conclusion and Taemin just wanted to shut them up by saying Kim Woobin was the hottest overall, argument over. Unfortunately, he was not as outspoken his best friend, Jongin, who was occasionally adding a few comments about each of the women but saying he still found Lee Soohyuk to be better. 

“Of course, you would choose him, you only have men in your eyes anyway,” Baekhyun stated with an eye roll before turning back to his other two friends to continue their debate.

Jongin brushed off Baekhyun’s remark and went back to focus on finishing up the rest of the rice in his bowl. Taemin, on the other hand, inwardly groaned while he gulped down the rest of the sweet tea in his glass. He silently began to gather all his items into his backpack, pulling out a few stray bills to leave on the table for his food and finally slipping on his black baseball cap over his head. “I’m leaving, thanks for having me for lunch again guys. I’ll see you around campus.” 

The three boys nodded in Taemin’s direction, but Jongin’s head shot up from his bowl and he looked up at him, “Already? You barely ate your food, don’t you have class at five?”

“Minho always brings extra snacks with him in case I forget to eat, don’t worry about me. I’ll see you back at the dorm.” Taemin threw his backpack over his shoulder, quickly wanting to leave Jongin’s obnoxious friends and have some peace and quiet. 

A few steps down the sidewalk, Taemin heard another pair of footsteps attempting to catch up to him. He turned and was met with Jongin wiping his mouth with a napkin and tossing it on the ground. He looked at his best friend in disapproval, “Really, Jongin? You know I hate it when you do that.” Taemin let out an audible sigh and walked over to the napkin to pick it up and dump it into the nearby trash, “Why did you follow me? You were still eating.”

“Nah, I only had a few bites left, besides the guys would be too busy in their conversation to even remember I was there.” Jongin casually put his arm around Taemin’s shoulder, “We can have more time to ourselves. If you want we can go the lounge and play some billiards or something.” 

“I actually wanted to go to the library and catch up on some notes for my journalism class. Professor Kang keeps getting on me for falling behind.” Jongin’s arm suddenly fell limp on Taemin’s shoulder and he began to feel bad, “I guess I could finish it later after class…” He trailed off.

Jongin squeezed his shoulder excitedly, “You’re a genius, Tae, you can get it all done within minutes.” He pulled Taemin closer, “So, to the lounge?”

“I have no other choice at this point.” Taemin uttered fondly, allowing the slightly younger male lead him back to campus. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter