Closer

Roller Coaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-TWO YEARS AGO-

Jessica’s POV

“.. wake up.”

I heard a voice is trying to disturb my lovely sleep, that someone bent her body a little to cover the sunlight which entering my room from opened curtain, but why my curtain is open? I have not got up from my bed yet, im not even wake up, my eyes still closed. That person is patting my arms gently. I just frowned and lazy to open my eyes. Who is daring to wake me up in this early morning? My parent? My sister? That is impossible, they know my habit.

“Wake up, Sica.”

Sica? This is the first time I heard that nickname and somehow I kind of.. love it. By the way, im so familiar with that soft bass voice, bass voice? Oh, dont tell me she is..

Im trying hard to open my eyes a little to peek the person in front of me.

Yes, she is she, Kwon Yu-whatever.

“Wake up or I will carry your body to the bathroom.” She said clearly but it still sounds so gentle.

“Hmmm, later.” I turned around my body to backfacing her.

“Sica.” She calls me again, her way to say my name is really something? I dont know. “Im serious.” She continued.

I pulled my blanket until covered my head, pretend not to hear anything what she says.

“One..” She started to counting, “Two..” I dont care, “Three.”

Silence.

“Yah!” I screamed spontaneously as I feel she slips her arms on my body so sudden, lift me up. “What are you doing?!”

“Carry you to the bathroom.”

This girl, seriously?

“Im still sleepy!” I protested.

“Hold tight.” She placed my arms on her neck and easily carrying my body just like what she did yesterday.

“Put me down!” I struggle on her arms.

She bent her knees a little so sudden and obviously made my eyes widened, it was giving me mini-heart attack, I thought she was really drop my body on the floor.

“Yah!” I slapped hard her arm and she chuckles instead.

“See, you dont want me to put you down.” She said calmly while standing properly again, is my body that light? I mean she is carrying me so easily, her face still calm and she is not panting, she is a girl though.

“It seems you really love to carry me, huh?” I mocked.

“It seems you really love being carried, to be exact.” She smiled, I think my head has crashed on something because I found that her smile earlier looks so gorgeous.

Damn Jessica, what is wrong with you?

“Who said that?” I denied it quickly.

“Look at your tight grip on my neck.” She is eyeing my arms and smirked.

“Y-you said I will fall on the floor if Im not holding on your neck.” I said in very low voice while staring at the floor, somehow avoiding her eyes.

“Oh, are you blushing?” She smiled wide, showing her white teeth.

“W-what?!” I turned my head to face her. She greets me with her playful smile.

“You are.” She started to chuckle again. “Get your arms off my neck.”

“What?! No! I dont want to fall!” I shook my head.

She chuckles harder. Im afraid and she looks so happy. Great, just great.

“You love to hold on my neck too, hm?” She said while giving me her gorgeous smile again, oh scratch that, that is not gorgeous, that is so annoying. “Try it, just once.”

I pulled my arms from her neck slowly and doubtfully. And.. nothing happened, I dont fall on the floor, she still holds me tight.

“You fooled me!” I slapped her chest violently.

She is chuckles softly and dont mind about my attack. “Ofcourse I would not let you fall on the floor, I will always hold you tight.” She paused, “I cant believe you believe my words, Sica.” She stares at me deeply with her black orbs suddenly, “It seems you trust on me so much.”

“W-who is trusting on you?”

“You are stuttering.”

“I-im not.”

She smirked and make her face closer to mine so sudden. Wait, what is she going to do?! I pulled my face as far as I can to avoid her face that closer and closer.

“W-what are you-”

“Kiss you.”

I widened my eyes again and use my palm to block her face, I have no idea why is her simple words made my heart thumps this fast, I cant even believe that she gives me this much impact.

“You can’t.” I replied like a whisper, I dont even know why am I like this so sudden.

“See, you trust on me.” She whispered softly on my ears, it feels like my bones left my body as I feel her warm breath there.

She pulled herself and our distance back to normal again.

“W-what do you mean?” I puzzled.

“When I say I was going to kiss you earlier, you believe it.” She paused, “It means you trust on me, trust every word I say.”

“You fooled me again.” I bit my own lips to prevent my anger to come out.

“Dont bite your lips.”

“Why?!” I exploded. “You are so annoying you know! You disturbed my sleep! You fooled me! You-”

“Sica.”

“What?!”

“What if I really want to kiss you?”

Silence. I gulped and blinked.. once.. twice.

“Dont think I will trust on your words again.” I made a fake chuckle, I try stare at somewhere else, except her eyes.

“Ofcourse, I was just kidding.” She grins and following to chuckle.

What kind of feeling is this? When she was saying it was just kidding, why is somewhere in my heart feels.. disappointed? God, I think I have to go to psychiatrist after this, I went too far.

“Go wash yourself already, I will wait you for breakfast.”

She placed my body on my bed again, as usual, in her gentle way. So, she is not carrying me to bathroom? Why?

Oh my goodness! What is inside my mind?! Ofcourse I will go to bathroom with my own feet! Why on earth I think she would really carry me to go there? I shut my eyes and sighed, so embarrassing.

“Kwon Yu-” I call her but I remember that I forget her name, so stupid.

“Yu?” She turned her head to me. She frowned but a second later she gives me a soft smile, “Yuri.”

The way she smiles and she talks with gentle tone, it never fail to send a strange rush inside my chest, it never fail to make my face heat up, it never fail to make myself somehow feel.. loved? Oh no, It is dangerous for me, I have to stop this, she cant go too far, she just cant. This is too fast.

“Do you want to say something?”

“Dont you dare to wake me up like this again.” I said clearly, I manage to use my cold tone again.

“Why?” She walks closer towards me.

You made myself seems not me.

“You ruined my mood.”

My heart started to give me different reaction when you around.

“You irritated me.” I said still without looking at her.

“Im so-”

“Dont apologise.”

“Why?”

Because I am afraid, I am afraid I will forgive you.

“That is not enough.”

“Sica.” She calls me with her deep voice.

Silence.

“What?” I lift up my head slowly to meet her eyes, I fail to use my cold tone again, it came out like a whisper instead.

She stares at me, straight and deep, but somehow it is still look so soft. I started to wonder, does her eyes has a gravity? because I cant escape and trapped there.

“I want to be your weak spot.”

***

Tiffany’s POV

I feel my body is lying at something soft and warm, it feels like a bed, but I smell differen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter