Met

Roller Coaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-TWO YEARS AGO-

Jessica’s POV

“No! I said no, dad!”

“Please, Sooyeon.”

“I have someone that I love, dad, mom.” My voice is turning to weak one.

“I know, I know it.”Daddy replied while grabbed my shoulders from behind. “He saved me on my car's accident a few years ago, he saved my life. He is very kind person, daddy cant say no to him.”

“But, I cant leave her.” I turned around my body to face him.

“We are really sorry.” They sighed and give me their guilty face.

“Please, Daddy-”

“Dad! No! What are you going to do?” Im shocked, he is going to kneeling in front of me but I stopped her action by hold her arms immediately. “Dont do that!”

He stand up properly again, his eyes is looking straight into my eyes. I know the man in front of me is never drop his pride for nothing, but he was going to kneeling in front of me earlier, his own daughter, it means this is a serious thing and important in his life.

“Sooyeon-ah, you know daddy dont mean to break your happiness, daddy loves you so much.” He hugs me tight, rest his chin on my shoulder. “His daughter is very kind person, she is beautiful and has good personality.”

Actually, I dont care if his daughter has very very very good personality or has a beauty like a goddess, the problem is just one, I dont love her, I already have someone that I love. It is that why I cant accept this arranged marriage.

Yes, an arranged marriage. I was not wrong speaking or something.

That is so cliche, it seems like im the character of movie or drama on the tv. I have to marry with my dad’s friend daughter that I never see, I never talk and I never know, it means she is completely a stranger to me.

“You know, the time can grow a feeling named love between you two.” Now my mom pulled my body into her warm embrace, she my back softly to calm me, as if he can read my heart.

“Daddy trusts on her, she can protect you and make you happy.”

Sigh. How can someone be happy in forced relationship? Is that possible? Is something named happiness can be exist in arranged marriage?

“Sooyeon, this far daddy is never say no to you, daddy would give everything for you, because you are one of my princesses, but now, please, say yes to daddy.”

“How about me and her, dad?” I whispered, still on my mom’s hug. “I love her.”

“Daddy feels sorry to her, she is very good person, but it is not easy for daddy too.” He paused and sighed, “Leave her.”

“No.” I shook my head and started to cry.

“We are sorry, honey.” My mom hugs me tighter.

God, why did you do this to me? Is this the best way for me? But, why? Why it is so painful. If I accept this, I have to leave her for someone else, I will hurt her so bad, it means she will hate me in her entire life. But if im not accept this, I will be a bad daughter for them, I cant make them happy, I cant grant their one and only wish. Trapped in this kind of situation is making my head wants to explode, but no matter what happen, I still have to decide my decision.

I closed my eyes tightly and took a long breath.

“Yes.”

Finally, I said it. I think this is the time I should pay they gave to me, even if this is hurt me so badly, I have to sacrifice my happiness for their happiness. At least I believe at them, they would never lie to me, they love me, they would not give me to wrong person.

“R-really?” She cupped my face with her shocked face. I cant deny, her warm hug gave me a strength to face all of this, I dont know and im not sure about my decision but say yes sounds so right, right now.

“But,”

I hang my words and stare at them without blinking.

“Give us time to know each other, I dont want to marry soon, I dont want to marry with a stranger.”

“Yes, princess, Daddy and him already talked about it, we will give you two time to make yourself closer to each other.”

I nodded slightly and smiled to my mom, I saw she smiles warmly to me and she my hair softly.

“Thank you, mom, dad.” I smiled a little to them, I use my strong mask to hide my pain and sadness.

I started to think how long time for us to make us closer, it would not be easy, since im not like usual girls who can fall in love and give my one and only heart easily, she has to be special one if she wants to steal my attention and reach my heart.

It means, it will be long journey for her, she has to fight for it.

***

“Im Kwon Yuri.” She smiled to me and held out her hand in front of me.

“Jessica.” I replied shortly without grab her hand to make a handshake. I dont even want to make any skinship with her.

“Okay, nice to meet you.” She pulled her hand slowly and keep smiling.

Finally, we have our first meeting. Our parents has arranged a dinner for us. Practically, they arranged everything.

“I dont have many time.” I replied coldly, my favorite tone to a stranger. Wait, she is not a stranger anymore, I have known her name, but I keep using that tone to her, because literally she is the person who ruined my life, ruined my happiness, ruined my everything.

“Im glad you here, I thought-”

“I was forced to be here.” I crossed my arms on my chest ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter