Break

Roller Coaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV

“Victoria-sshi?”

“Oh hello, Yuri-sshi.” She bowed a little as she saw my presence.

“Why are you still here? I mean it is already late.”

I saw my watch on my wrist, it shows 10pm. We have so many meetings today, so it was really hectic day and made me stay in office until this late. But I saw her still in front of the building now, I already given her permission to leave the office a hour ago though.

“Where is your boyfriend? The man that usually fetch you.” I asked.

“Oh dont misunderstand, he is not my boyfriend.” She seems assure me and moves her hand a bit, it is okay if he is her boyfriend anyway.

“He is my brother.” She added.

“Ah, he is your brother, so where is he?”

“He has something to do, he said he will come late.” She explained.

“I see.” I nodded. “I will send you home.” I smiled.

“N-no, you dont need to do that, Yuri-sshi.” She said shyly. Wait, why is she being shy so sudden?

“It is okay, since your home is not really far from here.” I smiled again to assure her that I dont mind about it.

“Is that really okay?” She asked carefully.

I chuckle. “Of course, you are my employee, It is normal to help you.”

“Yeah, it is just a help.” She murmured but I can hear it, she gives me her warm smile.

“Lets go.” I said while smiling.

She nodded and smiled as answer.

***

We already sat in my car, I look at her from the side of my eyes, she looks so nervous, did I scare her or something?

“Hey? Are you okay?” I asked in concern.

Her body tensed a little as she heard my voice, she avoids my eyes and seems confuse about what to do.

“I-im okay.” She replied while smiling.

“Okay, then.” I nodded my head slightly. “Oh, dont forget, seatbelt.” I reminds her.

“A-ah yes.” She nodded and looking for the seatbelt on her seat.

“It is here.” I help her to put on her seatbelt because she seems got problem to wear it.

I dont realise about our position right now, our faces are extremely close because I bent my body a bit to her seat to help her wear it, even I can feel her breath againts my cheek and our noses almost touched, suddenly I feel awkward and pull my body from there to sit on my seat properly.

“I-im sorry.” I stutter unconsciously.

She just blinked and froze in her seat. No one word come out from , it makes me feel more awkward and dont know what to do.

“I-it is o-okay.” She replied me with still froze in her position.

“Y-yeah.” I smiled to erase the awkwardness between us.

I started to drive my car slowly, I glanced at her, she still froze in her seat, stare at the road in front of her blankly.

“Ehm, Victoria-sshi.” I call her to break the silence.

“Y-yes?” She stares at me.

“Are you really okay?” I asked, somehow she seems not okay.

“I-im okay, im just hungry.” She replied, but a few seconds later she covered with her palms. “I-im sorry, Yuri-sshi, dont mind about it.” She said in low voice while looking down to avoid my eyes.

I chuckle as I heard her words and her action, she is so funny, I mean it is okay if she is hungry, she is a human and she has not eaten her dinner yet because of work.

“You dont need to hide it.” I chuckle again. “Ah, there is a restaurant still open.” I pointed the place in the left side of the road.

“W-we will go to there?” She asked carefully.

“Yes, why? Dont worry, my treat.” I smiled.

“It is not like that, I mean- you are so kind, Yuri-sshi.” She said shyly again.

“Yuri, you can call me Yuri if we are not in office or work stuff.” I smiled. “It is making me more comfortable.” I added.

“O-okay, Y-yuri.” She stutter, why is she always talking with stutter? I am not a scary boss, right?

“Yeah, like that.” I smiled again.

“You can call me Vic.” She said, oh finally she is not stuttering.

“Okay, Vic. By the way, is that your born name? Or are you half-american or something?” I try to make a conversation since she doesnt talk with stutter again.

“My born name is Song Qian, I lived in LA when I was ten years old. So that is my American’s name.” She explained smoothly.

“I prefer your born name, it is beautiful.” I smiled.

“R-really?”

Oh, she stutters again.

“Yes, you reminds me to someone.”

“Someone?” She confused.

“Yeah, she has a beautiful born name too.”

Someone, someone that I love, my one and only wife, Jung Sooyeon.

“A-ah, I see.” She nodded.

Talking about my wife, im curious what is she doing right now, she told me that she attends a birthday party of her friend, I received her last message two hours ago, she must be enjoying the party so much. But it is late, I hope she is already at home now, sleeps peacefully in our bed.

“We arrived.” I stopped my car in the parking area of restaurant. I turned off the engine and come out from my car.

I saw her walking towards me carefully and looking down to avoid my eyes.

“Hey, did I scare you?” I giggle.

“E-eh? N-no.” She replied.

“Why do you keep your eyes down?”

She lifts up her head slowly and carefully. Finally our eyes met, I smiled as she looks straight into my eyes, we still in our position and have eyelock for a few seconds.

“Hello?” I wave my hand in front of her face.

“Y-yes?” She replied while blinking rapidly.

“Lets go.” I said while showing my smile again.

But she still froze like a statue in her place.

“Go, go, go.” I pulled her hand to bring her out from her place and enter the restaurant.

***

“Yuri, you are still holding my hand.” She said shyly.

I look at where my hand is, and it is still there. I dont realise it, really.

“Im sorry!” I said spontaneously and let go her hand immediately. “Ugh, really im sorry.” I rub my neck awkwardly. I just afraid that she is uncomfortable.

“It is okay.” She smiled to me.

“A-ah yes. Lets order the food.” I smiled back and look at the menu. “I order this for two person, without cucumber.” I said to the waitress.

“Without cucumber? Dont you like cucumber, Yuri?” Victoria asked me.

Facepalmed, I totally forgot that im not with my wife, it comes out from my mouth unconsciously, I just did what usually I did. Anything what I do always making me remember her, it makes me miss her more and more.

“Yeah, I dont like cucumber.” I smiled.

***

“Have you told your brother about your condition? Dont make him worry.” I said while still focusing to the road in front of me, we have done our dinner and I have to really send her home now.

“I already told him, and it is okay.” She smiled to me. “Thank you, Yuri.”

“You are welcome.” I smiled back.

“You are really kind-hearted person.”

“Ah, thank you.” I glanced at her and smiled again.

“I want to stay like this forever.” She murmured to herself, but it is clear enough to my ear.

“What did you say?”

“N-no.” She smiled again.

I nodded slightly and focus to drive again.

“Yuri,”

“Hm?”

“I want to say something.” She said carefully.

“Shoot.”

“I-i..”

“You.. what?” I asked curiously while raising one of my eyebrows.

“I-i like-”

Suddenly I hear my phone is ringing in my car and it makes her stopped her words, Im looking for my phone and stare at the screen.

My Princess is calling..

I stopped my cars to the side of the road immediately to answer my princess’ call.

“Hello?” I said.

“Yuri-sshi.”

I heard a woman’s voice answered me, but it was not my wife’s. Who is she? Why is my wife’s phone on her hand? Why is she calling me?

“Yes, who are you?” I asked curiously.

“Im Choi Sooyoung, her friend.” She explained. “Your wife doesnt want to stop drink, can you come here to stop her before she is drunk?”

My eyes opened wide as I heard her explanation. My wife? Cant stop drink? Seriously? But why? She doesnt drink without reason, I think something has happened there.

“Please keep your eyes on her until I come.” I started to worry.

“You better here soon, she cant stop to call your name.” She replied.

“I will be there soon, give me the address.”

“I will send you a message.”

“Okay.”

The call has ended.

“What happened, Yuri?” Victoria asked me.

“Do you know this address?” I asked her while showing the address on my phone to her.

I cant think straightly, what I need to do now is arrived there as soon as possible. Something bad has happened to my wife, it is obviously made me lost my mind.

“I know this.”

***

Finally, I arrived. I come out from my car immediately and Victoria is following my pace. I stepped in hurry to enter the house, it is more like run to be exact. High volume music and crowd greeted me as I arrived in the living room, the party is not end yet.

“Who are you looking for, Yuri?” Victoria asked me.

I cant answer her question since my eyes are busy to scan the view in front of me, I need to find her, right now.

“Yuri-sshi!”

I heard someone has called me, I fixed my eyes to the voice’s direction. There is a tall girl is waving her hand to me. Who is she? Is she Choi Sooyoung? I dont know, my instinct just told me that I have to walk to her.

“I dont want to meet Kwon Yuriiiii, I hate heeeer.”

A familiar voice echoed on my ears, I know well who is the person that have this voice, she is my princess, my wife, my Jessica.

Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter