Four

Burning Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               The good thing about living alone is that it liberates you. You discharge yourself from the detrimental state of having to repress yourself with the beaten path of another person. You no longer need to endure the vices your former roommate has that you’ve learned to despise. You are no longer waking up in the middle of the night because of scandalous and filthy activities, therefore making you a lot less grouchy, and perhaps, a little bit friendly.

 

               When you first arrive at your new apartment, you were ill-tempered and petulant. You’d snap at anyone who would do so little as to talk to you, even to those who would wave and give you a friendly smile. You’ve been told once that you’d live alone inside a stinky apartment, with no friends, no love life, and if you’re lucky, and desperate, you’ll probably have 27 cats to keep you company

 

               You laugh.

 

               Whoever said that can shove a fist up his . A huge mothering fist deep inside his sorry .

 

               “Don’t tell me you don’t appreciate the irony of this?”

 

               You look at the tall, slender figure beside you, the multicolor lights blinding your eyes.

 

               “Safe to say I don’t appreciate this particular moment.” You reply almost too loudly. The deafening music almost makes it impossible to hear yourself talk.

 

               “Aww c’mon Hyunmi!" She leans in close and whispers not so quietly in your ears. "This is the night you’re finally gonna get laid! So, cheer the up and enjoy yourself!”

 

               You take a sip of your drink, then you whisper back to her. “Why do you even think I want to get laid?”

 

               It’s funny how a few shots has made you feel so lighthearted and carefree. You didn't notice how close you are to each other, you didn't notice how giddy the alcohol has made you, and you surely did not notice how a number of people are staring at the two of you.

 

               It looks like you’re making out inside this rowdy, yet overpriced place, and it is leaving so little to the imagination of those who are watching.

 

               “Besides, I’ve slept with a man before.” You say a little defensively.

 

               “Ha! Don’t lie little girl. I’ve known you for a month, but I have never seen you with a guy, not once.”

 

               You find it ironic how this woman depicts you as someone little, when you are in fact a few inches taller than her.

 

               “Doesn’t mean I’m not getting some action.” You sneer.

 

               “Taking a jog every morning does not ing count lady.” She replies then bats her eyes almost a little too exaggeratedly at someone.

 

               “Oh lookie, that guy’s you with his eyes, how cute.” She points to the tall, bulky man who’s sitting across you.

 

               “He’s gorg! Do you think he could flip me and toss me around while we make dirty, dirty se-"

 

               “Alright, that’s enough.” You take the glass of martini from her hands.

 

               “Uhh, gimme!" The woman slurs as she tries getting the drink from you, but you were too quick on your reflexes and drink the whole thing without even thinking.

 

               You shiver, regretting immediately your actions.

 

               You should not have done that.

 

               “Yah! That was my drink!”

 

               “Jiyoon that was your eighth glass." You give her a stern look. "We’re going home.” 

 

               You are determined to leave this bar and go home and indulge yourself with the inviting softness that is your bed. You have your heart set on sulking and staying there for months, to live like a caveman, to set yourself apart from the world.

 

               “ Hyunmi, who knew you’re this hot when you’re this serious?” She her lips sensually as you knit your brows together.

 

               “Oh shucks." She giggles. "I am sooo drunk!” Then she stands up miraculously straight from her seat.

 

               “Well if you really plan on having yet another cold, boring and actionless night, then we'll leave, but not after I find myself someone I could cozy up to." She gives you a playful wink. "Mama needs company."

 

               You watch as she walks over to the same man from across the room. She indulge herself with a little chat with the guy, making sure to strut her stuff. It is so obvious how interested the guy is, with the way he his lips as he stare at her melons.

 

               Yep, melons.

 

               Big, round, juicy melons.

 

               Jiyoon is a very attractive girl, and no man in their right mind would decline what's being so openly offered to them.

 

               You shake your head.

 

               Whatever happened to chivalry and common courtesy? Whatever happened to getting to know each other first? Doesn't anyone want to feel that amazing feeling of being wooed by the guy you like anymore? That same magical feeling you get when you taste chocolate ice cream for the very first time?

 

               You know that this is just her way to move on from the pain of rejection. That floozy façade she's trying so hard to portray cannot hide her true nature. This is so far out from who she is and what she does, but you can't really blame her.

 

               You've met Jiyoon a week after you've arrived at your new loft. The apartment was located at Gangnam, inside this five feet building for tenants who are looking for a decent yet reasonably priced apartment. She came knocking on your door one day, asking for sugar. You want to tell her to buy herself some, right after you give her what she asked for, but the moment you let her in, she broke into tears.

 

               Shocked.

 

               Confused.

 

               Pity.

 

               That's what you've felt when you see her covering her face in shame, as she try so hard to stop herself from bawling her eyes out.

 

               It broke your heart.

 

               Seeing how damaged she looks and how much pain you see inside those eyes, it somehow melted the wall you've built. The same wall that has enable you to not give a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter