Chapter 7 - Please Listen to Ryosuke’s Cries

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Moments ago, after running away from Sakura…

 

Ryosuke POV

 

I have no idea why I raised my temper on Sakura, what she was saying wasn’t wrong, isn’t it? I am the only one who can talk to that old lady to change my life… Sigh… How do I face Sakura from now on…?

 

I wander around again, I am not prepared to go home now and see that old lady. Today is Sunday, she’ll probably be at home… I came to the playground again… Somehow hoping Sakura would come find me…

 

No wait! I was so rude to her… She’ll probably be angry with me…

 

Sigh… I sat at the playground for I don’t know how long…

 

*Growl*

 

Ahh, my stomach is crying again… I want to eat Sakura’s home-made food…

 

Yamada Ryosuke, you’re  such an idiot…

 

“Ryosuke!!”

 

… Who’s calling me…?

 

AH Sakura?!?!

 

“Ah!”

 

I started running away from Sakura, I couldn’t control my body… I am not prepared to face Sakura yet…

 

As I am running up the stairs, I heard footsteps behind me, suddenly only my footsteps are heard…

 

“AHHH!!!” Sakura yelled.

 

I turned around and saw Sakura lying at the bottom flight of the stairs, she fell!!!

 

“SAKURA!!!!!!” I ran back down the stairs and hold Sakura up in my arms,

 

“Sakura!! Are you alright???”

 

“ughh… Ryo...su...ke… don’t… run…” Sakura sounded very weak.

 

“Okok! I’m here! I’m not running anymore!”

 

I helped Sakura to sit up on the floor, I saw that she couldn’t open her eyes properly, probably she’s still feeling giddy from the fall.

 

“Sakura, I’ll bring you to the hospital now.”

 

“No… Ryosuke… I’m fine…” Sakura gradually opened her eyes to look at mine.

 

“Don’t be so stubborn, you might have injured your head, come, let’s go to the hospital.”

 

Sakura grabbed my hands, “Ryosuke... sorry for making you upset…”

 

“Sakura… I’m the idiot… I know what you mean, yet…”

 

“Ryosuke, I know you need time… So, just take it slowly… ok?”

 

“Sakura…”

 

Sakura tried to stand up, and I was holding her tightly.

 

“Ryosuke… It’s time for you to go home, your mother will be worried.”

 

“...... No, I’m sending you to the hospital first…”

 

“I’m fine, I only had a small fall, I’ll go to the hospital myself if I’m feeling unwell, ok?”

 

“.............But………….”

 

“No more buts, or I’ll get angry for real.”

 

“...............Alright… Then at least let me send you home first…”

 

I sent Sakura back to her apartment and went back home. When I got back, the old lady was sitting in the living room.

 

“Where have you been? You’ve stayed out for the past two nights isn’t it?” The old lady is questioning me again.

 

“I was at a friend’s house.”

 

“Oh, who might that be? I heard that you couldn’t make friends in school isn’t it?”

 

“And it’s all thanks to you.”

 

“Ryosuke! Is that how you speak to your mother!” Looks like my step-father is joining the conversation. Sigh.

 

“I don’t need some stranger to interfere with my family’s affairs.”

 

I’ve never treated him as my father. I only knew my biological father died when I was seven, and this old lady decided to re-marry for the sake of saving the company three years back. I was disappointed at how adults could be so despicable at times to achieve what they want.

 

“Ryosuke, I’m not allowing you to work part-time at the convenience store, you’ll come to the office to learn about our company. Next week I’m arranging you to meet up with Yamamoto’s family regarding your marriage with Miki-chan.”

 

“I am not letting you decide my life. I have the rights to decide how I want to lead my own life.”

 

“You don’t! You’re the heir of Yamada’s Holdings! You listen to what I decide for you!”

 

“In that case, I’ll end my life before you can decide anything against my wish. I’m serious.”

 

“Ryosuke!!!!!!!!!!”

 

I went back to my room, I realised I’ve grown numb of quarrelling with that old lady, there is not a single time she listens to what I really want to do. She doesn’t try listening either, I’m tired. I don’t want to talk to her anymore…

 

“Ryosuke… Your mum loves you, it’s just that, she might be doing it in the wrong way…”

 

!!! What Sakura said this morning sounded in my mind…

 

I don’t believe… If she loves me, why does she want to torture me like this…?

 

… I was trying to sleep, but my stomach is not cooperating… I feel hungry…

 

“Master! I brought you some food!” Naito knocked on my door.

 

“Ah, Naito, thank you, I’m really hungry…”

 

Naito placed the plate and left the room. I flipped over the cover and saw a plate of omurice… !!! What is this…? I quickly indulge in it, and… this is…! The same taste as the omurice Sakura made for me!!! Why…? How did Naito got this…?

 

“Naito!!!”

 

“Yes Master?”

 

“Where did you get this omurice from??”

 

“....... Sakura… asked me to pass it to you…”

 

“....... Sakura….? Naito, do you know her…?”

 

“Ah… yes, sort of… I heard she’s the one who asked you to work in the store she is in, right?”

 

“....... Does that old lady know of Sakura’s existence?” I was afraid that the old lady might do something to Sakura if she knows what happened.

 

“Master, I don’t think Madam has get to know yet…”

 

“Naito… Help me to keep this a secret.”

 

“Yes, Master. I’ll take my leave then.”

 

………..Sakura….. Do you really have super powers…? I miss you… I want to hold your hands… I want to be embraced by your warm…

 

I finished eating the omurice, and finally got into sleep…

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura POV

 

After Ryosuke sent me home, I was about to follow him back to his house, as I wanted to know where he lives. Suddenly, Naito-san appeared in front of me.

 

“Sakura-san, it’s been a long time since I last saw you.” Naito-san was as polite as ever.

 

“Naito-san…! It sure has been… Thanks for taking care of Ryosuke all these while.”

 

“How have you been? Sakura-san.”

 

“Not too good, not too bad either I guess… Most importantly I found Ryosuke, and that's enough…”

 

“A pity Master hasn't regain his memories…”

 

“It's alright, as long as he is happy, I’m fine with it…”

 

“But he hasn't been happy, not at all…”

 

“Naito-san, could you let me know your address?”

 

“.........May I know why?”

 

“I would like to speak to Yamada-san myself, or is she called Matsumoto-san now?”

 

“Yes, she has re-married, and is known as Matsumoto-san now.”

 

“I believe she loves Ryosuke, I want to help Ryosuke… “

 

“I see… I’ll write our address for you…”

 

“Thank you, Naito-san… Ah, could you wait for a while?”

 

“Ahh… Sure…”

 

“I will go make some omurice for Ryosuke now for you to bring back.”

 

“That’s great to hear! I’ll wait for you then. Master must be hungry now.”

 

I quickly whipped up the omurice and packed it for Naito-san to bring back to Ryosuke. Hope Ryosuke will feel better after eating…

 

I remembered that I don't have any duties tomorrow. I decided to go find Ryosuke’s mother tomorrow.

 

The next morning, I woke up early and went to the address Naito-san gave me. It was a gigantic bungalow, yet from the outside I can sense why Ryosuke hates going back home. I feel cold looking at the house itself.

 

I waited outside for Ryosuke’s mother to come out, she came out after around fifteen minutes of waiting. I went up to her,

 

“Good morning, Matsumoto-san.”

 

“... You are...”

 

“I’m Sakura… Domoto Sakura…”

 

“.........”

 

Ryosuke’s mother started walking towards me, I have a bad feeling…

 

*SLAPS*

 

In seconds I fell to the ground from the huge impact, the left side of my face became hot from the strong and tight slap. Soon I tasted blood, I think my lips were bleeding.

 

“HOW DARE YOU APPEAR IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN! HAVE YOU NOT CAUSED ENOUGH TRAGEDIES TO US?!?!”

 

I stood up and bowed to Matsumoto-san.

 

“Matsumoto-san, I’m sorry. I am deeply sorry. But today I’m here for other things, can you spare me a few minutes?”

 

“I have nothing to talk to you. Get out of my sight!”

 

“Just one minute! It’s about Ryosuke!!”

 

“......... Have you met up with him already…?”

 

“...Yes… I met him few days back…”

 

“Ah ah, no wonder Ryosuke was rebelling more than ever, and even not coming home for two nights in a row. So you are the culprit.”

 

“I… I’m sorry, but I just want to beg you, please listen to him, please listen to what he wants to do. PLEASE!”

 

Ryosuke’s mother pulled me by the collar of my shirt,

 

“I don’t need you to teach me how I should handle my son.” She released my shirt and pushed me to the ground.

 

She was about to leave, I can't give up yet! I bowed with my head on the ground,

 

“Please! Just listen to Ryosuke for once! Just listen to what he says! Please! Please!” I shouted at the top of my lungs, hoping my feelings is expressed to her.

 

“Don’t appear in front of me again, if not don't blame me for what I’m going to do.”

 

……..….

 

She left.

But no, I can't give up yet.

I decided I will go to her office building and continue to plead her.

 

I came to the Yamada’s holdings headquarter, I found a spot to kneel down, and I decided I will kneel till Ryosuke’s mother leave office for home tonight.

 

…...….

 

I don't know how many hours have passed, but I know the sun is setting down, and the sky is becoming dark. I looked up, and drops of water started hitting my face, soon the water movements were getting more and more vigorous.

 

I felt intense sensations on the left side of my face. Oh yes, I think my face is red and swollen from the tight slap. But I don't feel pain, the mental pain that I’ve caused so much tragedies to people around me were much more dominant.

 

Soon the rain got heavier and heavier, but I was still kneeling down, and looking out for anyone who was leaving the office. I don't want to miss out Ryosuke’s mother.

 

“Sakura! What are you doing? Get up!”

 

I thought the rain stopped, till I looked up and saw Keito covering me with an umbrella.

 

“Ah Keito, why are you here?”

 

“That's my question! What are you doing here? People were uploading pictures of you online!”

 

“...... I have my reasons, I don't care how others see me. You should go home now.”

 

“How do you expect me to just go home after seeing what you are doing here?!?!”

 

“Just go. Please. Just leave me alone.”

 

“No way! I won't leave till you leave!” Keito kneeled down together with me.

 

“Keito! What are you doing!”

 

“I’m not answering you unless you answer mine.”

 

“......... Keito, please… stop…”

 

“Two persons’ strength is better than one right? The person you are pleading to will feel it too.”

 

“Make it three!”

 

!!! I turned to my left and saw Yuto kneeling down beside me as well.

 

“Yuto! What are…”

 

“I’m not answering you unless you answer Keito’s questions. Hehe~”

 

“Nice one Yuto, I’ll give you a treat after we are done with this.”

 

“Yay! High five!”

 

……. They did a high five right in front of my face…

 

“Sigh, why do I meet with silly people around me…”

 

“Sakura-chan, the boss of the silly gang shouldn't be laughing at other sillies you know.” Yuto joked about me being the most silly one.

 

“.......Thanks… Yuto, Keito...”

 

The three of us continued kneeling through the evening, ignoring the stares and comments from passersby.

 

I know what I am doing is stupid, yet I have no other choice… If I can help Ryosuke, I will do anything for him…

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In Yamada Holdings office

 

“Matsumoto-san, the lady from this morning is still kneeling down at the open space, and she is joined by two more teenagers. Their pictures are roaming on the internet now… I’m afraid the press will be coming soon…”

 

“.............Such a pest, get the car, I’m going home now.”

 

“Yes, Madam.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura POV

 

As the sky become darker, the temperature is becoming lower as well, the wind is making us chill even more on our wet bodies.

 

“HAH-CHEW!!!!!!!!” Keito started sneezing.

 

“Keito, Yuto, you guys better go home first, if not you’ll catch a cold.”

 

“What about you, Sakura-chan?” Yuto asked me again.

 

“I’ll stay here for a bit longer.”

 

“Sakura-chan, why are you so silly, who in the world could make you do up to such extent?” Keito said with a frown.

 

“Someone whom I want to prot… AH MATSUMOTO-SAN!!!”

 

“Just how much do you plan on pissing me off? Get out of my sight!!!”

 

“Please!! Just listen to Ryosuke’s cries, he’s silently shouting for help!! PLEASE!” I bowed deeply almost kissing the floor.

 

“I said I don’t…”

 

“PLEASE!!! JUST ONCE!! LISTEN TO HIM JUST ONCE!!!” I cut off before Ryosuke’s mother could finish her sentence.

 

“You’re his mother right? You know him the best isn’t it? He needs help, you can see it, right?”

 

“.........................”

 

“Please…!”

 

“............I’m going back now, don’t block my way.”

 

“Matsumoto-san!!! PLEASE!!!”

 

“........If you continue dragging my time, how am I supposed to listen to that brat’s talk?”

 

“..............Thank you!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!” I did it! I manage to persuade Ryosuke’s mother! Now I need to get Ryosuke to try talking to her again…

 

Matsumoto-san left in her car. Now I need to give Ryosuke a call…

 

“Sakura-chan!!” Keito was calling me.

 

“Ah yes? You two should go home now, be careful on the way home, alright?”

 

“Was that… Ryosuke’s mother…?” Yuto asked me.

 

“.........Ah…” I remembered Ryosuke hasn’t told Yuto anything about his family…

 

“Sakura-chan, why are you doing so much for that shortie?” It’s Keito’s turn now.

 

“...........I have my reasons, anyway, thanks for both of your help today, I need to do something now, I’ll go back first… AH!” I tried standing up but my legs were giving way due to the long hours of kneeling down.

 

“Sakura-chan!! You’re forcing yourself too much!!” Keito was holding onto my arms and helping me stand up.

 

“I’m alright… Be careful on the way home, alright?”

 

I dragged my foot step by step after bidding goodbye to them. I feel bad for leaving them but I need to get back home and call Ryosuke… As I forgot to bring my mobile phone out this morning…

 

Finally I got home, it was just minutes before midnight, I went to retrieve my mobile phone, and I saw many missed calls. It was from Ryosuke… Did something happened?? I quickly dial back.

 

*Rings*

 

“Sakura! Where have you been?!?! I went to find you at the store but you were off duty, and I couldn’t get through your phone the whole of today!”

 

“Ah yes, Ryosuke, I forgot to bring my phone out today… Have you got back home already?”

 

“............Not yet…”

 

“.........Where are you roaming around again…?”

 

“.........The playground…I was hoping you’ll come find me...”

 

“..........Stay there and don’t move.” I dashed out of my house and ran towards the playground.

 

When I reached the playground, I couldn’t see anyone, has Ryosuke got back home already??

 

“Ryosuke!! Where are you?!?! I’m here!!”

 

Suddenly I felt a strength from behind me, “AH!!”

 

“Sakura… I was dead worried, you know?”

 

I was hugged from the back… by Ryosuke…

 

“Ryosuke…”

 

“Sakura, why is your body wet? Your face looks pale too.” Ryosuke turned my body over and held my cheeks.

 

“I’m fine… Ryosuke, quickly go home now, and… try to talk to your mother again… Alright?”

 

“............... There’s no use… She won’t listen to me…”

 

“Ryosuke… Trust me, this time round she will listen to you. Just try one more time. Alright?”

 

“............How do you know…”

 

“Just… believe me… Anything happens, I’ll be right here, ok?”I pat Ryosuke gently on his head.

 

“.....Alright.....Sakura…….. Why do you always manage to convince me so easily…”

 

“........Because my life is bonded tightly to yours…”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

愛のかたまり - KinKi Kids

 

変わっていく あなたの姿 どんな形よりも愛しい

The changes in you, is cuter than anything else
この冬も越えて もっと素敵になってね

After this winter, I’m sure you’ll become even better
 

あまりに愛が大きすぎると 失うことを思ってしまうの

The love I have for you is so huge, that I think I may lose it
自分がもどかしい 今だけを見て生きていればいいのにね

I feel annoyed, if only I can continue looking at the present
ねえ 雪が落ちてきたよ

Look, the snow has fall
 

子供みたいにあまえる顔も 急に男らしくなる顔も

Whether if it’s your spoiled child look, or the rapid switch to being a man
あたしにはすべてが宝物 幾度となく見させて

To me, they are all my treasure, I want to see it forever

思いきり抱きしめられると心 あなたでよかったと歌うの

Let the heart which is being embraced, sing out loud ‘I’m glad it’s you’
X'masなんていらないくらい 日々が愛のかたまり

We don’t need any Christmas, everyday is our mass of love
最後の人に出逢えたよね

We’ve met the last love in our life

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: A slightly intense mood at the part where Sakura meets Ryosuke’s mother. Sorry for making Ryosuke’s mother looking so fierce. XD

 

And I’ve watched Grasshopper movie!!! I feel so tempted to make another fanfic with Ryosuke’s character, Semi, not sure if anyone would be interested in it? I have some ideas on the new fanfic already… Maybe I will start writing it soon...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------