Chapter 3 - No More Coldness

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Chapter 3 - No More Coldness

 

Ryosuke POV

 

“Master! You’re home! I’ll go make some food for you!” It was the voice of Naito, my butler.

 

“It’s alright, I’ve had food.” Although it was just bento from convenience store, somehow it tasted so much better than the food at home.

 

“Then do you want some warm milk? It was cold outside isn’t it?” Naito continued to ask me.

 

“I’ve had that too. I’ll take a quick shower and go to bed now.” The warm milk given by Sakura tasted great too. I wonder why.

 

Why do I feel I know Sakura long time ago? Why can’t I recall anything? I don’t have any memories of myself before seven years old. I only have memories of myself from around eight years old onwards… But that old woman told me I was born and raised in the United States, and we only moved back to Japan around half a year back, so I couldn’t have met Sakura isn’t it...? Suddenly, I feel my eyelid getting heavier and heavier...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Master! It’s time for school!!” I was awakened by Naito’s voice. It was one of the few times I could sleep soundly without feeling insomnia. Probably thanks to that cup of warm milk Sakura made for me last night...

 

I boarded the car and alighted some distance away from the school as I didn’t like people to know that I have a butler.

 

“Morning Ryosuke!!!” Yuto called me from behind.

 

“Morning Yuto!” I greeted Yuto back.

 

He’s probably the only friend I managed to make in this school since I moved back to Japan. I have been quite anti-social towards everyone, I am sick and tired of people trying to bootlick me because of my family background. That’s why I have not revealed to anyone in this school my family matters.

 

“You look refreshed today! Did something good happened?”

 

“Huh… Nothing…” Yuto struck me with a surprising question… I look refreshed today? Maybe because I had a good sleep last night… Suddenly… Sakura’s face appeared in my mind…

 

“What are you thinking of?? A girl you like???” Yuto waved his hands in front of my face.

 

“WHAT! NO!!!” I denied immediately, how could I have… I only met her a few times…

 

“But you looked like you were thinking of someone…”

 

“NO! I think you look more desperate in getting a girlfriend than me though.” Yuto is holding a book on his hands which reads ‘How to chase your girl’.

 

“WHAT? HOW DO YOU KNOW??”

 

“ *Sigh* ‘How to chase your girl’.” I pointed at his book and read out the book title loud and clear.

 

“AHH!!!” Yuto realized his clumsiness.

 

“Who is that girl??” I asked Yuto.

 

“Eh…. my colleague at my part-time job…”

 

“Heh, what kind of girl is she? What high school is she from?”

 

“She’s older than us… But she’s a really unique girl, she doesn’t scream or shout at little things, she’s very matured and always calm in handling stuffs. But she look like she has a lot of troubles… I want to protect her…” Yuto said really sincerely.

 

“Wow, I must find a chance to meet her one day personally.” I wonder what kind of girl could make Yuto behave like this.

 

“Hehe, just nice I have part-time job today, you can follow me there after school.”

 

“Really? Maybe I’ll go take a look then.”

 

Because I have too much time to waste, ever since I’m back to Japan, I wander around after school everyday till it was almost midnight before I go home. I don’t want to face that old woman, I try my best to avoid meeting her as much as possible.

 

*Bell rings*

 

“Yay finally school’s over for today!!!” Yuto looked really happy.

 

“I guess you’re not happy that school is over, but you can soon meet your dream girl, right?” My evil mouth is working again.

 

“Ryosuke, YOU KNOW ME WELL.”

 

“You look like an idiot who is hopelessly in love…”

 

Though I said that, I always wonder what is love too. So far I haven’t meet anyone whom I want to like her yet, the girls who have been around me were all getting close to me because of my family background, those materialistic girls, I seriously can’t stand them.

 

“Ryosuke, once you meet someone you like, you will not say this ever again.”

 

“Then I’ll gladly wait for that day to come.” Though I doubt it would come in near future.

 

As I walk with Yuto to his workplace, I find the route more and more familiar… AH! Isn’t this Sakura’s workplace?? The world can’t be so small right?!?!?! I have a bad feeling… Don’t tell me the one Yuto likes is… Sakura?!?!

 

I froze few steps away from the entrance while Yuto went in by himself.

 

“Ryosuke! Why are you standing there?” Yuto was calling out for me.

 

“Ah, nothing… I’ve got something on, I’ll go…”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?! COME WITH ME!!!” Yuto came out and pulled me in the store before I could run away.

 

“Sakura-chan!! I’m here to report for work! And this is my best friend in school, Ryosuke!”

 

WHAT. HE INTRODUCED ME TO SAKURA…………

 

“Ah! Ryosuke! You’re friends with Yuto?” Sakura looks a little shock, “Oh yes, I remembered, you were wearing the same uniform as Yuto when I first meet you…”

 

“Sakura-chan, you know Ryosuke?” Yuto looks confused.

 

“Ehh yes, I met him few days back...”

 

“I see...  Wait, Sakura-chan, what’s with the bruises on your hands?? Did anything happen last night?!?!” Yuto went up to see Sakura’s hands closer.

 

“I’m alright, I had a fall yesterday night while packing the goods.” Sakura lied so naturally.

 

“That doesn’t look like….”

 

“It is! Go change into your uniform!” Sakura pushed Yuto into the changing room.

 

………………….

 

“Do you feel pain?” I asked Sakura.

 

“Hmm? Oh you mean my bruises? It’s nothing, really. Don’t take it to heart.”

 

“............but…….”

 

“Are you going to roam around today until midnight again?” Sakura bombed me with this big question.

 

“............................”

 

“If you’re so free, why not you come and work here too, you’ve not only get to earn money, and you won’t go wasting your time away.”

 

Work… Here…? To be honest since young I’ve had a huge liking for convenience stores, I ever thought of working in one too, but that old lady would definitely go against it. But if it’s part-time… I guess no harm…?

 

“I’ll….. consider…”

 

Sakura smiled, “I’ll wait for your reply then.”

 

“Sakura-chan! I’m done! You can go have a break!” Yuto came out of the changing room.

 

“SAKURA-CHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Suddenly someone was heard shouting while entering the store, and he went up to Sakura at a fast pace.

 

“..........Keito……….?” Sakura frowned and look at Keito.

 

“Yes! I’m here to see you!! I said we would meet soon right?” Keito gave Sakura a wink, oh my that was disgusting enough.

 

But oh wait, I should question him what happened last night.

 

“HEY KEITO, DID YOU ASK YOUR GUYS TO COME MESS IN THE STORE LAST NIGHT?” I dragged Keito by his collar and asked him.

 

“HUH? What are you talking about? I was singing karaoke with my friends till midnight yesterday.”

 

“NOT YOU, THE TWO IDIOTS THAT FOLLOW YOU AROUND.” I continued asking.

 

“You mean Chinen and Daiki? What did they do?” Keito seems like he didn’t know anything at all.

 

“Look at Sakura’s hands, they came in to mess up the store yesterday night.” I pointed to Sakura’s arms.

 

“WHAT?!?! I didn’t know that!! I’ll teach them a lesson later!! AND SAKURA-CHAN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!?!”

 

Keito went up to Sakura and held her hands up, WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING. My anger is piling up……..

 

“I’m okie, Keito………” Sakura insisted she is fine.

 

“NOOOOO I’ll bring you to the hospital now!” Why is this Keito so agitated? Don’t tell me he has fallen in love with Sakura too?

 

“STOP!!!! I’m alright. Leave me alone, I need to do my work.” Sakura went away to pack stuffs.

 

The three of us were left stranded in the store………

 

“Hey you coward, it’s because of you that Sakura is injured.” Keito looked at me and said.

 

“HUH? It was your guys who did that to her isn’t it?” My blood is going to boil soon…

 

“If you didn’t knock into me all these wouldn’t have happened right?!?!” Keito pushed the blame to me.

 

“You were the one who knocked into me!!” And I pushed it back…

 

We got nearer and nearer to each other and were almost going into a fight, it was when Yuto stopped us,

 

“STOP IT! Tell me what’s going on…” Yuto looked really pathetic here not knowing what has happened…

 

“ASK HIM!” “ASK HIM!” Keito and my words synced… THIS IS EXTREMELY DISGUSTING.

 

*BEATS*

 

Suddenly we heard three whacking sounds, one each on our heads.

 

It was Sakura.

 

“If you wanna quarrel please go outside, I need to do my work.” She was holding an inflated hammer balloon to whack on our heads.

 

“YUTO, come help pack this.”

 

“Alright!!” Yuto did what Sakura instructed.

 

“The two of you! It’s either you stay here peacefully or I’ll chase you out.”

 

…... She made us feel like two naughty kids who have just did something wrong and are getting reprimanded…

 

“HAHAHA Sakura-chan!! You’re so interesting!!! I’m beginning to like you more!!!” Keito started to laugh while saying this.

 

“...................” Yuto and I stared at each other…….. This is bad…….. Yuto and Keito both like Sakura?? And…. why do I feel sourish in my chest area………

 

“Take these and go eat over there.” Sakura passed us two bento and pointed us to the seats by the glass panel.

 

I thought Sakura was so nice to give us bento again, till I took a closer look….

 

“These are expired ones isn’t it?!?!” She has degraded the standard from ‘almost-expired’ to ‘expired’.

 

“It’s edible, don’t worry, I see that you two are strong enough to take it, enjoy the bento together and build up your friendship, I think that the two of you would get along.” Sakura said without blinking her eyes.

 

“HAH?!??!” “HAH?!?!?!?” KEITO AND I SYNCED AGAIN. THIS IS ULTIMATELY DISGUSTING!!

 

“HAHAHA!!! SEE! You two look just perfect together! Right? Yuto?” Sakura burst into laughter after seeing our synced reactions.

 

“HAHAHA!! Yes, I think so too!” Yuto joined in to make fun of us.

 

“................” Now Keito and I are staring at each other and feeling embarrassed…

 

But……… I don’t feel any anger…… Instead, I feel……..warm……. This is the first time I’m surrounded with people and laughters that aren’t fake at all. I don’t exactly hate this feeling…..

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Love is...~いつもそこに君がいたから~ - KinKi Kids

 

Love is… for good
こんなに優しくなれたのは
The reason why I can be so gentle
君がいたから
It’s because you are here


Love is… for all
その笑顔が見たいから
I want to continue seeing that smile
このまま側に居させて
So let me stay by your side…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: A light chapter this time! Hope everyone could get the humour I was trying to express.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------