Chapter 25 - Memories

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

An hour ago in Yamada’s Holdings’ Meeting Room…

 

Ryosuke’s POV

 

“Alright, we will proceed with this proposal then…” I was In the meeting approving one of our employee’s proposal...

 

*BANGS*

 

“MASTER!!!”

 

“Naito? We are in the midst of…...”

 

“WE’RE FACING TROUBLES!!!” Naito’s face wasn't looking too good…

 

“What…”

 

“GET ON THE CAR FIRST! I’LL EXPLAIN LATER!” Naito didn't give me any time to react.

 

My heart started pumping hard… What happened…?

 

I got onto the car and Naito started speeding at a fast speed.

 

“Naito...…” I was about to ask Naito what in the hell happened...

 

“Sakura-san called to say Madam has been captured by some masked guys! She’s following them in a taxi now, and asked me to track her phone’s GPS!”

 

“WHAT?!?!?!” I took out my phone and saw a couple of missed calls from Sakura.

 

MY PHONE WAS IN SILENT MODE.

 

“Master, don't worry, I’ve also contacted the police for help. They are currently following Sakura’s phone GPS as well.”

 

I could feel my heartbeat pumping vigorously now. Nothing should happen to my mother and Sakura… No way!!!

 

“AHH! THIS IS BAD!!” Naito shouted suddenly again.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Sakura-san’s phone GPS signal is gone!!!”

 

“WHAT?!?! Where did you last saw it?!?!”

 

“I think it was around here…” Naito pointed at an area on our car’s GPS.

 

“, let’s just go to where we last saw the GPS position first!”

 

“Yes Master!”

 

We reached the place where the GPS was last pointing to. We alighted from the car and walked around to search for where my mother and Sakura could have been taken to.

 

*CRACKS*

 

I heard my foot stepping on something on the grass. I moved my foot away and looked downwards.

 

It was a phone…

 

My heart pumped even faster…

 

I picked up the phone and took a closer look.

 

It was Sakura’s phone…!!!

 

!!!

 

DON'T TELL ME SAKURA HAS BEEN CAPTURED TOO?!?!

 

“Master! There’s a warehouse right ahead! They might be inside!” Naito was shouting at some distance away from me.

 

“I’m coming!”

 

We ran to the warehouse but there was no one in, we only saw some ropes on the ground.

 

“Master! Maybe Sakura has rescued Madam! Let’s search around for them!”

 

That’s right… I hope it is as what Naito said…

 

They need to be fine…

 

They must be fine…!!!

 

We ran outside of the warehouse searching for them, suddenly, I see beams of lights shining past in the dark.

 

I looked closer, it was a van driving at high speed…

 

I turned to look at the direction where the van was heading for…

 

I saw a figure…

 

She’s…

 

Sakura!!

 

SAKURA WAS STANDING THERE!!!

 

THE VAN WOULD HIT SAKURA!!!!

 

RUN!!! SAKURA!!! RUN!!!

 

I thought I was shouting to Sakura but my fear has overtaken my voice.

 

My voice wasn’t reaching Sakura...

 

“Master! Madam is sitting on the floor just behind Sakura! Madam looks like she can’t move!” Naito’s voice came hitting at me again…

 

DON'T TELL ME SAKURA IS USING HER BODY AS A SHIELD TO PROTECT MY MOTHER?!?!

 

*BANGSSSSSS*

 

The next thing I saw was Sakura getting knocked by the van and she was sent flying in the air…

 

“SAKURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” My voice finally came out.

 

………………….

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” I let out a loud yell.

 

MY HEAD!!!

 

MY HEAD HURTS!!!

 

MY HEAD'S SPLITTING APART!!!

 

“Naito, can I borrow money from you? I wanna buy this Sakura-petal wrist watch for Sakura as a White Day Present. I’ll pay you back with my first paycheck when I grow up.”

“Sure Master. I think Sakura would love this watch too!”

 

Images of the conversation with a younger looking Naito appeared in my mind following the pain I had.

 

“Sakura chan!! I wanna marry you when I grow up!!!”

“Sakura chan!!! You promise you would never leave me alright?”

 

This is… my voice… my voice… when I was young...

 

“Ryosuke! Come here! Look at this puppy!! It’s injured, shall we treat its injuries?”

“Ryosuke!! Look over there!! There’s a huge rainbow!!!”

“Ryosuke, I’ll be with you, don’t worry………”

 

I am now seeing the same dream that I had before…

 

The teenage girl which I couldn’t visualize that time…

 

Is slowly appearing…

 

That pair of big eyes…

 

I could recognize them…

 

She’s…

 

She’s……!!!

 

Sakura…!!!

 

I REMEMBERED.

 

I REMEMBERED EVERYTHING!!!

 

MY MEMORIES ARE BACK…!!!

 

I remembered the scene of my father being knocked down by a car…

 

It was the same as what just happened to Sakura…

 

Sakura…!!!!

 

“SAKURA!!!!!!!” I dashed towards Sakura who has been sent far away from where she was standing.

 

I ran as fast as I could, I could hear nothing now other than my heavy breathing, and the siren coming from the police car and ambulance…

 

“Sakura…” I panted heavily as I see Sakura lying motionless on the ground.

 

Blood…...

 

She was lying in a big patch of blood…...

 

That patch of blood is widening at a rapid speed…...

 

Blood was flowing profusely out of Sakura’s injuries…...

 

“Sakura… Don’t scare me… You can’t leave me… You promised me… Right…?” I kneeled down to look at Sakura, and spoke gently to her…

 

I wanted to embrace her, but I shouldn’t move her now, I may injure her even more...

 

“....... Ryo… su… ke…”

 

“Sakura!!! I’m here!!! We’re sending you to the hospital now!!! You must hang on!!!”

 

“How’s… Auntie…?” Sakura used her weak voice to squeeze out this question.

 

……….!!!!

 

My heart hurts!!! MY HEART IS HURTING SO MUCH!!!!

 

“My mother’s fine!!! She’s under the care of Naito now!!! Don’t worry!!!”

 

“..... That’s…….. great…” Sakura gave a weak smile.

 

“Mister!! We’re the medical attendant!!! How is she?” The medical team from the ambulance came with a stretcher.

 

“She’s bleeding a lot!!! From her head and her stomach!!!” I replied them and they did a small check on Sakura before putting her on the stretcher.

 

“Mister! Please follow us in the ambulance!”

 

“OK!”

 

I got on the ambulance, and saw them putting the oxygen mask on Sakura, and trying to stop her bleeding.

 

“Sakura… You’ll be fine… We are on the way to the hospital… You must hang on…” I held Sakura’s hands tightly, speaking to her gently.

 

I tried to stay calm beside Sakura, despite being in fear, fearing that I would lose Sakura…

 

“Ryo… su…….. ke……” Sakura spoke softly with much efforts.

 

“Yes…? I’m listening…” I placed my ears close to Sakura to listen to what she has to say.

 

“...... All… the… best… for…” Sakura panting got heavier as she speaks.

 

“Sakura… stop… save your energy!!” It hurts me to see Sakura in such state…

 

“........ for… your… university… entrance… examinations…”

 

My tears dropped.

 

The tears that I have been controlling till now started dropping non-stop.

 

Even in such life threatening moment, what Sakura worries of is still me…

 

“Sakura… You can’t leave me… You can't go back on your promise… Got it…?” I said with a shivering voice, my fear was getting stronger…

 

“Don’t… cry… I’ll… *coughs* ” Sakura started coughing.

 

“Sakura, don’t speak anymore, I beg you!”

 

*COUGHSSSS*

 

Sakura’s coughing become violent…

 

Blood…

 

The oxygen mask was stained with blood…

 

Sakura is coughing out a lot of blood!!!

 

“SAKURA!!!!”

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

 

The heart rate monitor started to sound in an unpleasant manner…

 

“MISS!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?? MISS!!!” The medical attendant was trying to speak to Sakura…

 

I looked at Sakura, she wasn’t responding, her eyes are fully closed now…

 

“Sakura… Sakura!!!” My voice was trembling with fear…

 

We reached the hospital slightly after Sakura lost her consciousness.

 

She was sent into the operating theatre.

 

While I…

 

Could only wait…

 

While I…

 

Could only pray…

 

That Sakura won’t leave me…

 

But the last seen image of her lifeless body was haunting me...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

もう君以外愛せない - KinKi Kids


君が一瞬でも いなくなると 僕は不安になるのさ

Even if it’s for one second, if you are out of my sight, I’ll panic
君を一瞬でも 離さない 離したくない

Even if it’s for one second, I won’t part with you, I don’t want to part with you

もう君以外愛せない 他にどんな人が現れても

I can’t love anyone else but you, no matter who appears

もう君以外愛せない 今ここに君と約束するよ

I can’t love anyone else but you, I’ll promise you now

たとえこの世が滅びても

Even if the world ends
君と誓った愛は永遠だから

The love I promised with you will go on
きっと二人は幸せさ ずっとね ずっとね

I’m sure we can be happy together, forever, till eternity...

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s Note: Embedded a cover song I did of KinKi Kids as well. And I’ve finished writing my third fanfic… Feels kinda lonely whenever I finish writing one… haha~ But I’ll read through it again to see if I need to add anything else before I post it up here. XD Meanwhile, please enjoy this fanfic first!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------