Chapter 22 - Reunion

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Sakura POV

 

I woke up with slight headache and bodyache. The next thing I saw when I try to sit up shocked me.

 

“Matsumoto-san…?” Ryosuke’s mother was in my room. Why is she here?

 

“How are you feeling?” Ryosuke’s mother came over and sat beside me.

 

“Ahh yes, I’m fine…” I said that despite still feeling very uncomfortable.

 

“...... What a stubborn lady. You should look in the mirror to see how pale you look now.”

 

“I’m fine, really.” I said with a smile to Ryosuke’s mother.

 

“You must be thinking why I am here. That brat didn’t want to go to school today as he wanted to accompany you. Eventually he agreed to go school if I stay here and take care of you till he comes here after school.”

 

“Ah… I am very sorry for troubling you…” I bowed to Ryosuke’s mother while sitting on the bed.

 

“............. This is no big deal compared to what you have done for our family.”

 

“... Matsumoto-san…”

 

“......... To be honest, I really didn’t like you in the past. I thought you have been misleading Ryosuke towards the wrong path. Even when Ryosuke’s father explained to me about your intentions to mediate our family relationship in the past, I still didn’t trust him. I just wanted you to get out of Ryosuke’s life entirely. And now, what Miki did is exactly the same as what I have done to you.”

 

“...............”

 

“If Ryosuke really loses you, I think he’ll go crazy. I’m sure he won’t be able to lead his life properly if you are out of his life.”

 

“I’m sorry...”

 

“........ I should be the one apologizing. To be honest you’ve changed Ryosuke into someone whom I’ve never seen before. Now I can understand fully what Ryosuke’s father has been trying to tell me in the past.”

 

“...... Matsumoto-san…”

 

“Thank you… Sakura… Please continue to take care of Ryosuke…” Matsumoto-san smiled at me.

 

…………………..

 

I can’t believe this… She has accepted me… I can finally stay by Ryosuke’s side without any worries…

 

Wait… No…

 

There is still Miki…

 

“Ryosuke has initiated to come back to the company to help settle the troubles given by Miki’s father.”

 

“... Really?!?!” I was really happy to hear that!! I was smiling widely as I couldn’t contain my happiness.

 

…………………………..

 

*BANGS*

 

“Sakura!!! I’m here!!!” Ryosuke came dashing into my room suddenly.

 

“Are you…. *panting* feeling ok…? *panting*” Ryosuke didn’t have time to catch his breath, I guess he came running to the hospital from school.

 

“Ryosuke? Calm down and take a deep breath, I’m alright already.”

 

“Let me take a look…” Ryosuke came near to my face.

 

“...... No! You still look so pale!! You should stay in the hospital for another day.” Ryosuke continued saying.

 

“Ryosuke… I’m really alright. I can go home today.”

 

“...... Alright, if you insist to get discharged, then you must stay in my house so that I can get Naito to take care of you when I’m not around.”

 

“No!! I can’t!!”

 

“I’ve decided.” Ryosuke didn’t give me any chance for refusal.

 

“........ No, I can’t trouble…”

 

“Just listen to Ryosuke,” it was Ryosuke’s mother, “otherwise he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on doing other things.”

 

“But…”

 

“No more buts! I’ll ask Naito to come fetch us home now!”

 

“......... wait……”

 

…………………...

 

And so, I ended back in Ryosuke’s house after getting discharged from the hospital.

 

“Sakura-san, this will be your room.” Naito-san brought me to my room after we came back home.

 

“Thank you Naito-san, sorry for troubling you…”

 

“No! Sakura-san, I should thank you for changing Master, I’ve seen a totally different Master now as compared to the past. I’m really delighted to see his change.”

 

“No… I didn’t do much…”

 

“You did, Sakura-san, take a good rest. Master is preparing dinner for you now.”

 

“Ok…”

 

I took a shower and went out of my room, walking around the big house, trying to find the way to the ground floor. It was then I chanced upon a photo placed on the cabinet along the corridor.

 

“..... Yamada-san…” I saw a family picture with Ryosuke’s lost father.

 

I recalled how Ryosuke’s father smiled and thanked me for mediating Ryosuke’s relationship with them, how he didn’t care about his own life to save me from the accident, and the last words from him to ask me to take care of Ryosuke.

 

“...... Yamada-san, leave Ryosuke to me… I’ll give him multiple the amount of love you had for him, I’ll not make him feel lonely anymore…”

 

“............... Ah!!!” I felt something landing on my shoulders and neck from the back.

 

“Sakura…”

 

“Ryosuke…?” Ryosuke hugged me from the back again.

 

“You gave me a scare…”

 

“Hmm…? What did I do…?”

 

“My heart was pumping hard when I couldn’t find you in your room. I thought you ran away from me.”

 

“Silly boy, I wouldn’t do that…”

 

“Yes I was wrong, I shouldn’t have think that way. I have heard what you’ve just said, I should have more confidence in our love.”

 

I held Ryosuke’s hands away and turned around to look at him,

 

“Ryosuke… Your mother told me you are going back to help her with the company. I’m really glad to hear that, and remember, I’ll be with you no matter what happens. I’ll stay by your side to support you while you manage those issues. Don’t forget I’m always here to share your burdens with you. Just lean on me whenever you feel tired, ok? I’ll give you all the warm and help restore your energy any time you need.”

 

“........ Silly girl… How do you always manage to make me so touched…” Ryosuke looked into my eyes with his watery ones.

 

“You’re such a crybaby.” I pinched Ryosuke’s cheeks, trying to liven up the atmosphere, and, I wanted to see Ryosuke’s smiles.

 

“Aren’t you one too…? Come, let’s have dinner.” Ryosuke tapped my forehead with his, smiled and held my hands towards the dining room.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In the dining room...

 

Ryosuke’s POV

 

After bringing Sakura to the dining table, I went into the kitchen to scoop out the stewed fish I have made and brought it out to the dining table.

 

“Ah! Stewed fish! Matsumoto-san, this was the delicious stewed fish I told you about it!!!” Sakura said with a delighted face as soon as she saw the dish.

 

“Wow! It does look and smell good! Right, hubby?” My mother smiled and said to my stepfather.

 

“Indeed, and if I’m not wrong, this is the first time we are eating something our son made, right?” My stepfather said.

 

“....... Fa… ther…” I can’t recall if I ever call him father before.

 

“..... What did you just said…?” My stepfather seemed shocked at what I have just called him.

 

“....... Father… Sorry for my misbehavior all these years… Thanks for taking care of my mother all these while…” I realized I have said something that I wouldn’t have thought of if I was still the old rebellious Ryosuke.

 

“...... Ryosuke… It’s alright. I’m glad to see your changes. And, your mother didn’t marry me for the company’s sake. It was me, I just wanted to take care of this fragile lady, now that you have found someone you love, you can understand me, right?”

 

“....... Yes… I can understand totally now.” I want to protect Sakura too, I want her to be by my side forever…

 

I took a look at Sakura and she started to blush. She is seriously so cute...

 

“Sakura-chan, I must thank you, for letting us see such a huge change in Ryosuke.” My stepfather turned to Sakura and said.

 

“Ah, Matsumoto-san, I did nothing much… Really…” Sakura was blushing a little as she said that.

 

“Sakura-chan, if you call us both Matsumoto-san, it’ll be confusing. Just call us uncle and auntie, or, you can call us father and mother too.”

 

“FATHER!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!” I panicked at what my stepfather just said.

 

“Why are you panicking?!?! Isn’t Sakura going to be part of our family sooner or later?”

 

“!!!!!!!!!!!! The… You… I….” I went stumbling on what I should say…

 

I turned to look at Sakura and her face was fully blushed by now. My heart pumps harder and harder seeing such a cute Sakura…

 

“Hubby! Stop making fun of them! Look at their red-looking faces!!! Let’s start eating else the dishes would turn cold!” My mother saved us from the awkward moment.

 

“HAHAHA! I see, alright, let’s start eating!!”

 

We had our dinner together happily. Is this the first time? That I am having such fun on the dinner table with my family. Seeing my parents satisfied and happy faces eating the stewed fish I have made, and with Sakura sitting beside me enjoying the moment together. Suddenly, I feel so fortunate, I may fall in love with this kind of peaceful time at home… For once, I don’t feel coldness in my house. And I probably won’t feel so ever again…

 

After the dinner, I brought Sakura back to my room to show her around.

 

“Wow…...” Sakura was scanning my room all over.

 

“How is it? Did it hit your expectations?”

 

“Hmmm… not bad… It is clean and organized…”

 

“Hehe~ Of course!” I was being proud of it.

 

“Although…” Sakura continued commenting.

 

“Although…?”

 

“I’m not sure if you are the one doing the cleaning or Naito-san…”

 

“...........................” This Sakura… I need to punish her…

 

“Did I hit the jackpot?” Sakura was smirking.

 

“....... Sakura…” I went up to Sakura gradually, moving my hands up slowly…

 

“...... Hmmm…..?” Sakura was feeling puzzled, but I didn’t give her any more time to stay confused,

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! RYOSUKE!!! WAIT!!!!” I started tickling her weak spots again and she started laughing non-stop.

 

“HAHAHA!!! WAIT!!! RYOSUKE!!!” Sakura grabbed hold of my hands to stop my tickling.

 

“No way, who asked you to be so mischievous? This is just my little punishment for you.”

 

I continued tickling Sakura, and she was laughing and twisting her body to withstand my tickling, while moving, her legs hit the side of my bed and we fell on the bed together.

 

………………..…

 

I stopped my tickling and took a closer look at this girl who I love so much.

 

“Sakura…”

 

“Hmm…?”

 

“I’m going crazy over you…”

 

“...... I...... Sorry…...” Sakura bite her lips with a red blushing face.

 

I smiled, and landed my smile on her red lips.

 

I was kissing her gently, but gradually, my smooching got stronger, I’m loving this lips of Sakura so much, she gives me so much sensations that I can’t withhold them. My hands started moving to her waist area and was about to pull up her shirt again…

 

WAIT.

 

RYOSUKE.

 

CONTROL YOURSELF.

 

Sakura is still recovering from the serious accident last night. She wouldn’t have the stamina to withstand your desires.

 

I stopped my movements and left Sakura’s lips.

 

“... Ryosuke…?” Sakura was puzzled at my actions.

 

“Sakura… Sorry… I almost… couldn’t control myself.”

 

“....... What do you mean……?”

 

I smiled and Sakura’s hair, “Little Miss Mischievous, if it wasn’t for the fact that you are still recovering from the trauma last night, I would have totally wanted you for tonight. Although I’m really craving for it, I can’t bear to torture your weak body further.”

 

“....... Ryosuke….” Sakura smiled back after knowing the reason why I stopped.

 

I sat up back on the bed and Sakura followed me.

 

“...... Thanks for doting on me so much, Ryosuke…” Sakura looked at me deeply and said.

 

I smiled back and caressed Sakura on her pinky cheeks.

 

“I’ll go back to my room then, good night Ryosuke, and see you tomorrow!” Sakura gave me a peck on my cheeks and was about to stand up and leave,

 

“WAIT!” I caught hold of Sakura and pulled her back onto the bed.

 

“...... hmm?” Sakura looked confused. Her facial expressions are always so cute.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“...... Going back to my room? Else it wouldn’t be nice if your parents see us sleeping in the same room…” Sakura blushed and turned away.

 

“AH!” Sakura screamed as I pushed her down back to lying on the bed,

 

“My Little Miss Mischievous, you worry too much, they probably know you’re mine already, they won’t find it inappropriate.” I said teasingly.

 

“......... But…..!!” Sakura blushed badly as soon as I said it.

 

I laughed at this girl who blushes so much, I pulled her legs back up on the bed, covered ourselves with the blanket and hugged her tightly to prevent her from running away.

 

“And…” I continued saying.

 

“Yeah…?”

 

“Didn’t you say I can lean on you whenever I want? Then let this be my first request.” I snuggled myself in between Sakura’s right cheeks and shoulders, craving for her warm.

 

“..... Silly boy… Since when your memory become so good?”

 

“Thanks to you. Hehe~” I cuddled closer to Sakura.

 

“You’re like a pet now, my one and only pet...” Sakura started fondling with my hair, caressing my right ear.

 

“Because you are the only one who could tame me…” I smiled in Sakura’s embrace...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

情熱 - KinKi Kids

 

「離さない…」

“Don’t leave me...”

離したくはないから キミだけを守って

Because I don’t want you to leave, I’ll protect only you

どんなときでも そばにいるよ

No matter when, I’ll be by your side

 

いつだって 泣きたくなったらすぐに

Whenever you feel like crying

抱きしめに行くから

I’ll rush up to hug you

涙の理由をボクに聴かせてよ

Let me know the reason for your tears

 

情熱の本能 もうひとりじゃないよ

Through the instinct of passion, we won’t be alone anymore

いつもいつまでも キミを愛してる

Till eternity, I’ll love you

明日を信じたい ふたりで信じたい

Let the two of us believe in tomorrow

終わることのない 夢を叶えよう

And fulfill our endless dreams

 

情熱の本能 キミの手を奪って

Through the instinct of passion, I grabbed your hands

動き出したから もう止まらないよ

Once I start to move, I can’t stop anymore

愛を届けたい 今すぐ届けたい

I want to deliver my love, right now

変わることのない あふれる気持ちを

There won’t be any changes in these overflowing emotions

キミに…

Just for you…

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s Note: Aww!! I personally love the scene in Ryosuke’s bedroom a lot. XD I think I smiled a lot when I wrote this chapter. XD I hope this chapter brings smiles to the readers as well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------