Chapter 19 - This is Ryosuke Now

The watch you wanted to give me on March 14

Sakura POV

 

I started decorating our house with our pictures, and developed additional photos of Ryosuke, putting them in an envelop… I believe ‘she’ would be happy to see this…

 

Today, I was off duty, and Ryosuke had a night tuition too, so I went out by myself. I came to the Yamada’s Holdings office building. I waited for around two hours before I saw Ryosuke’s mother coming out of the building.

 

I went up quickly to greet her, “Matsumoto-san! Good evening!”

 

“............ Why are you here…?” Ryosuke’s mother was surprised to see me again.

 

“Can you spare me a few minutes…?”

 

“........... Get in the car.”

 

“Ok!!!” Ryosuke’s mother invited me into her car!

 

“What is the matter…?” Ryosuke’s mother wasn’t looking at me when she speaks, I guess she still can’t face me…

 

“......This… is for you…” I took out an envelope and passed it to Ryosuke’s mother.

 

“..... What’s this…?”

 

“Take a look!” I smiled.

 

Ryosuke’s mother opened up the envelope, and took out the photos of Ryosuke I had developed for her. She was flipping through one by one, I spotted her eyes getting teary.

 

“This brat… He’s smiling so widely… I’ve not seen such a smile from him… I fail as a mother…” Ryosuke’s mother’s tears were dropping on the photos of Ryosuke.

 

“No, Matsumoto-san, don’t say that… Ryosuke was just being rebellious all these while, he is gradually becoming an adult, and I can assure you that he’ll come back to your side soon.”

 

I have dropped a huge sentence, but I have the confidence to resolve the bad relationship between Ryosuke and his mother.

 

Or rather, I need to. For the sake of Ryosuke. I need to do this.

 

“.................... I doubt so, he’s probably hating me for my plot of taking your life.”

 

“.......... Matsumoto-san, I’m sure Ryosuke won’t forget, the fact that you are still his mother. That you do love him, he just need a little more time to sort out his emotions. He’ll forgive you one day, till then, please leave Ryosuke to me, I’ll take good care of him on behalf of you. Although I feel sorry for appearing in front of you as you probably still hate me, I want to let you know that Ryosuke is doing fine now. He’s managing his time between school, part-time work, and night tuitions. He’s aiming to get into Tokyo University to study about management, and eventually take over the company.”

 

“........... You aren’t joking… right…?” Ryosuke’s mother seems shocked at what I have just said.

 

“I’m not… You can see from the photos right? The troubled face of Ryosuke when he couldn’t understand his tuition homework, you can see that he’s working hard, he’s trying to prove to you that he is capable, and will become one whom you will approve of.”

 

“...................” Though it was very minor, I spotted a small smile on Ryosuke’s mother’s face.

 

“I’ll take my leave then… If you don’t mind, from now on I’ll visit you occasionally to update you on Ryosuke’s progress.”

 

“Hold on…”

 

“Ah… Yes…?”

 

“Don’t you… hate me…?”

 

“To be honest, I did hate you in the past. But, I’ve come to realise that you did everything because you love Ryosuke too much. The love you have for Ryosuke, and the love I have for him, is the same… However, I hope that you don’t mind me loving him… Because I can’t live without him anymore…” I ended the last sentence with much sorrows, as I know Ryosuke’s mother is probably still against of us dating, but I want to let her know that I really really love Ryosuke.

 

“...... Take more pictures of that brat and show me next time…”

 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I didn’t hear wrongly, right????

 

“............... Leave it to me!!!” I smiled broadly back to Ryosuke’s mother and bidded goodbye to her.

 

I’m feeling relieved. It is a huge step forward to restore the relationship between Ryosuke and his mother!

 

I went home feeling very happy, and when I reached home, Ryosuke was already back from tuition.

 

“Sakura, where have you been…?”

 

“Ah… I was… taking a stroll in the neighbourhood…” Ahh I lied…

 

“.........Alone…..?”

 

“Um! Alone!”

 

“..........I smell fishy…”

 

“.........What…? Don’t tell me I’m not allowed to go out alone…?” I pouted while saying.

 

“....... Because I was lonely, when I came home and no one welcomes me back…”

 

“............ Silly boy…” I went up to give this man a tight and warm hug. While hugging him, I was smiling, I can’t wait to see the day Ryosuke and his mother reconcile…

 

WAIT…

 

Hot… Ryosuke was feeling hot…

 

I moved Ryosuke out of my arms, and placed the back of my hands on his forehead, it was hot!!!

 

“Ryosuke! You’re having a fever!! Come!! Lie down!!” I dragged Ryosuke to lie down on the bed.

 

“.........Sakura……*Coughs*” Ryosuke started coughing.

 

“Ryosuke, hold on, I’ll get you a glass of water.”

 

I fed Ryosuke with some medicine, and started tapping his body with a wet towel. Ryosuke must have been over-exerting himself recently till he fell sick.

 

“Sorry… Ryosuke…”

 

“Why are you apologizing, Sakura…?”

 

“I…… I didn’t take good care of you……”

 

“What… It’s not your fault… The weather has been too warm recently…”

 

“But still…” I was still feeling very guilty…

 

“Sakura…” Ryosuke grabbed my hands,

 

“Ahh!” Ryosuke pulled me onto the bed to lie beside him,

 

“Just stay like this, I’ll recover soon…”

 

“...... Ryosuke…” I patted Ryosuke to sleep, and continued taking care of him throughout the whole night.

 

I stayed awake to look after him and fortunately his fever subsided in the morning. I prepared some food for him and left for work.

 

I was supposed to get off work in the evening but was asked to do another shift as my colleague was unable to  report to work. I sent Ryosuke a message to tell him that I won't be going home tonight.

 

I went home the next morning after almost twenty four hours of work.

 

“I’m home…” I said when I reached home.

 

“Sakura! Are you alright?” Ryosuke came up to me immediately after I was back...

 

“Yeah…” I said and felt my eyelids dropping down…  Soon I saw a pitch of black…

 

“Sakura! SAKURA! Are you ok?!?!” But I could still hear Ryosuke’s shoutings.

 

I opened my eyes slightly and saw Ryosuke hugging me as I lost my balance just now.

 

“Yeah… I’m just a little tired…” I replied Ryosuke as I didn’t want him to worry too much.

 

“Come, lie on the bed.” Ryosuke carried me and laid me on the bed.

 

“Ryosuke, come here, how’s your fever?” I pulled Ryosuke towards me and checked on his temperature with my hands.

 

“I’m ok already! Just sleep! You haven't sleep for two days right?”

 

“Haha~ I’m fine, don't worry…”

 

“Sakura… Just sleep, I’ll be right here…”

 

I fell asleep shortly after, and had a sweet dream with Ryosuke… In the dream, we were married, and we gave birth to five kids. We were having lots of fun in the dream…

 

I woke up after the sweet dreams I had, I smelled something nice, I think Ryosuke is cooking again.

 

“Ah Sakura, you're awake?”

 

“Yeah… hehe~”

 

“What dreams did you had? You were smiling so widely in your sleep just now.” Ryosuke came forward and asked me that in my face.

 

“Er… I’m not telling you!”

 

“........Are you sure…?” Ryosuke gave an evil smile again…

 

“.....What...ahh! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Ryosuke knew my weakness and started tickling me again.

 

“HAHAHA OKOK WAIT WAIT!!! I’LL SAY!!!” I gave in easily again.

 

“I dreamt that we were married and we have five kids…”

 

“...........” Ryosuke kept quiet after I said that.

 

“Ryosuke…?”

 

“Sakura, I’ll make that dream come true… Would you wait for me to become a proper adult…?” Ryosuke was speaking in a serious tone.

 

“Of course… But don't make me wait too long ok? Afterall I’m older than you.” I said jokingly.

 

“Sakura, I’ll love you even if you grow old, forever, till eternity…”

 

I smiled at this silly boy and we embraced each other.

 

………………………………

 

Since the last time I met Ryosuke’s mother, I continued to maintain contact with her. Often, I will meet her up at some cafe, telling her about Ryosuke’s stories, showing her more pictures of Ryosuke. And tonight I am meeting her again...

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ryosuke POV

 

I got back my mid-term results today, I did very well for my subjects. I’m sure Sakura would be overjoyed to see this. I thought of giving her a surprise, so I lied to her that I have additional tuition tonight, but in fact I was planning to appear at her workplace after her shift ends.

 

I went home to change my clothes before going out again. I passed by the shopping streets on the way to Sakura’s workplace. As I was walking pass, I spotted this Sakura-shaped hairpin though the glass panel, it was a light pink shiny Sakura-shaped hairpin. I smiled, and went into the store to purchase the hairpin, planning to give it to Sakura later when I meet her.

 

“Ahh !! I’m running late!!”

 

After buying the hairpin, I realized I was going to reach Sakura’s workplace slightly later than the time she will get off work, I hastened my steps as I didn’t want to miss Sakura going home from work.

 

I managed to reach the store just in time, and saw Sakura dashing out, I was about to call out to her but she was running very fast.

 

HOLD ON.

 

She wasn’t running in the direction back home. Where is she going?

 

I decided to follow her to see where she was going.

 

Sakura entered a cafe which was located near my family’s office building. I followed her inside and chose a seat where she can’t see me yet I can see her.

 

After ten minutes, someone came in and sat at Sakura’s table.

 

…………………….

 

Sakura was meeting… My mother?!?!

 

The next thing I saw was, Sakura full of smiles facing my mother. She took out one envelop and removed what was inside and continued talking. I couldn’t hear clearly from my position, so I switched to a seat nearer to them.

 

“Look! This was Ryosuke’s test results! It was so good and he was ranked top five in his school!”

 

“Ah This! He got bitten by the crab when we went fishing last week! Look at his painful face!”

 

“This dish is made by Ryosuke! Recently he has been making stewed fish and it tasted so good!!”

 

…………………………………

 

What is Sakura talking…?

 

!!!!!!!!! COULD IT BE….

 

She is showing my photographs to my mother?!?!

 

………………………….

 

I looked at Sakura, and my mother, they were both happily talking and listening to stories about me. I took a longer look at my mother’s face, and I realized that she has aged a lot.

 

Yamada Ryosuke, are you stupid? Obviously she would, she has worked so hard for the family all these years, and yet she only has a rebellious son like me who would only make her worry. Suddenly, I feel I am a very unfilial son…

 

They spent the next hour talking about me, I wonder how many times have they met up already? Now that I recall, Sakura started taking my photos few months back… Probably they already started meeting up since then?

 

This must be Sakura’s doings… She does too much for me… It makes my heart ache when I see Sakura going so far for me. Yet I am still unable to provide her with anything yet...

 

When I saw that Sakura was about to leave the cafe, I left the cafe first before her, and went back home to wait for her…

 

Sakura came back home fifteen minutes after me.

 

“I’m home!! Ah Ryosuke! You’re home already? I bought some puddings! Come have some!!”

 

Without answering Sakura, I went up and give her a big and tight hug.

 

“.......Ryosuke….?”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Stay Together - KinKi Kids

 

初めて想いを 伝えた夜

That night when I first told you my true feelings

交わしたあの 約束は

The promise that we made with each other

今も忘れない

I can’t forget even till now

Cuz I wanna be with you now

 

心はぐれても 離しはしない

Even if our heart gets slightly apart, we won’t part with each other

何度も二人 やり直そう

No matter how many times, we’ll patch up

これから Let's stay together

From now, Let’s stay together

必ず Make it last forever

We must Make it last forever

Cuz I want to be with you

他の誰かには 奪えはしない

I’ll not let anyone snatch you away

二人の明日を 追いかけよう

The future that belongs to the two of us, let’s chase for it

今すぐ 抱き寄せて

Right now, I wanna hug you

I'll never let you go

Cuz I want to be with you

 

そのままでいて

Just stay like this

Because you're the only one

You're the only one

君に伝えよう

I wanna let you know

変わることない 僕の想いを

There won’t be any changes, my feelings for you

 

時が流れても 変わりはしない

No matter how long time has passed, there won’t be any changes

君と二人で 生きていこう

I wanna live together just with you

いつでも Let's stay together

No matter when, Let’s stay together

このまま Make it last forever

Like this, Make it last forever

Cuz I want to be with you

ずっとこの先も 壊れはしない

In future, this won’t get destroyed

僕らの日々を 重ねてこう

Our lives gets overlapped together

手と手を 繋いだら

If we hold our hands together

I'll never let you go

Cuz I want to be with you

 

二人で歩いてこう

I’ll walk with you forever

I'll never let you go

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Decided to update this tonight because I will be going to Japan for a holiday from 3 Jun to 12 Jun. Hehe~ The next update would be after I am back. XD

 

Regarding my third fanfic (not yet posted), I have reached and am writing the tragedy part of the story, it hurts me to even type! Haha~ But I’ll try my best to bring out the sadness!

 

Enjoy reading!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------