Not the Same (SinB/Sowon)

Chasing After Time

A/N: Inspired by Viviz being on Queendom and also this:

According to SinB, VIVIZ doesn’t have a Leader: “So we decided amongst ourselves, ‘We don’t need more than one leader: Sowon is enough. So let’s not pick a leader.’ And we didn’t choose a new leader. We left the spot of leader open for her.”

Literally crying again as I write this A/N.


“It’s not the same.” The words come out too heavy so Sinbi quickly adds, “It’s weird not having you drag us away or yell at us.”

“By ‘us,’ you mean you and Eunha, right?” Sojung says dryly. “Since when did Yewon need to be dragged away or get yelled at?”

“That’s the power of the Eunbi line,” Sinbi says with great dignity, and Sojung laughs.

“Plus, I saw Eunseo dragging you away and Exy ready to yell at you. What, did you latch on to the first Sojung unnie you could find?”

“That sounds weird when you put it like that,” Sinbi says, wrinkling her nose.

“I don’t know, I blink and you’re off dating Taeyeon sunbaenim…”

“Don’t be jealous, unnie,” Sinbi says. “You’re the only Sojung unnie and leader I love.” She means to say it playfully, teasingly, but somehow it comes out embarrassingly sentimental.

“Eunbi,” Sojung says softly, and Sinbi suddenly feels so shy she drops her head. “I can’t say that you’re the only Eunbi I love—”

Sinbi’s head snaps up as she scowls at her phone screen, and Sojung bursts into laughter.

“Hey, let me finish my sentence.”

“You have five seconds,” Sinbi says, still scowling.

“You’re the only main dancer, second maknae, drill sergeant I love. Did I use up my five seconds?”

“You’re good,” Sinbi says, pretending the words don’t have an effect on her.

Sojung smiles like she sees right through her. “And you’re doing amazingly, you really are, and you don’t need me there, okay?”

I need you, Sinbi thinks, but she can’t say the words. Sojung looks at her like she heard her anyway.

“You’ve come so far,” Sojung says softly. “I’m so proud of you.”

It’s far from the first time she’s said these words, but the warmth and conviction in them bring a lump to Sinbi’s throat. She looks down for a moment, unable to speak.

“Unnie.” Her voice comes out small. “I miss you.” She would be embarrassed about how needy she sounds, but she knows she has nothing to be embarrassed about in front of Sojung.

“I miss you too.” Sojung’s voice is thick. “I wish I could be there.”

“This is harder than I thought it would be,” Sinbi says, and she doesn’t know what she means by that, exactly, being in Viviz or competing in Queendom or being apart from Sojung, Yerin and Yuna, or maybe all of those.

“I know,” Sojung says quietly. “It is for me too.”

Sinbi bites her lip. “Is it scary? Acting?”

“It is,” Sojung admits. “Not that I wanted or expected one, but you don’t get a free pass for being an idol. If anything, it’s the opposite. I know that people don’t necessarily have high expectations for me, but I want to prove them wrong.”

“You will, unnie,” Sinbi says assuredly. “I know you’ll do well.”

Sojung smiles wryly. “How do you know?”

“Because you’re Kim Sojung,” Sinbi says simply. “If you got through seven years without killing us, how could an acting role stand in your way?”

Sojung bursts into laughter. “When you put it like that, I suddenly feel a lot better about myself.”

“You should,” Sinbi says firmly. “You’ve always been too hard on yourself.”

“You are too,” Sojung points out.

“Well then, we need to remind each other to work on it.”

“Okay,” Sojung says with a smile. “Let’s do that.”

“Deal,” Sinbi says, sticking out her pinky like Sojung can wrap hers around it.

Sojung holds hers out too, and they both tap their pinkies against the screen.

“Oh, before I forget,” Sojung says. “Yerin says hi.”

“Tell her I said bye,” Sinbi says, and Sojung laughs. “Right, Yuna unnie says hi. Or well, she said something a lot longer but I forgot exactly what. The gist of it is hi though.”

“What a great messenger you are,” Sojung says dryly.

“Of course, I’m great at everything, didn’t you know that?”

Sojung smiles, that dimple-like line popping out near . “I do.”