Freezing Cold

This isn't a Fairy tale!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
*** A tall, slender woman looking at the distance in the huge balcony of her Palace, dark red nails grazing over a layer of stark white snow on top of the balcony edge,   She preoccupied with her thought as she keep her gaze  across the sky line where a storm brewing, sending cold harsh wind towards her, blowing the long blazing red locks resembled finest silk curtains around her fair translucent pale skin, they glowed as white as the snow on the ground beneath her, making an absolute contrast to the full bloody red lips which pulled into a tight line under her perfect button nose. Her black silk gown make a soft slither as they danced around her gracefully like a flow of waters while the embroidery of the gown make a beautiful melodies when they touch the marble floor as they made of a pure silver, glinting in the pale moonlight. Not even a piece of jewelry adorning her figure except for one big Ruby brooch on the center of her chest, despite of that, she looked like she already emitted her own light. Her maroon cape floating behind her lightly as if dancing with the wind,   Ethereal, every single creatures in this world would describe her as a beauty that doesn’t come from this world, her tall figure was slim, perfected with every curves on the right places and her body screamed femininity even with all the firm muscles that flexed in every movements she make. Her face doesn’t seems to show her actual age at all as she always looked the same even after hundred, thousand or millennia has passed. Ageless,   Immortal   The woman trailed her gaze along the border of the land before her and small cold smile grazed her perfect chiseled face as she took in the view,   Cold, dark and harsh   That’s how her domain looked, thick blanket of snow covered most of the land and cold wind blowing from the high top of the limestone mountains behind her Palace. She loves how it looked now, she’s the one who made it this way, of course she would adores it. Light chuckles came out of her ice cold lips as she recalled how the domain looked like at the reign of her late father, when all three realms still intact under one mighty Emperor, before the horrible revolt that costing her parents life occurred, before she forced to fled and hide in the shadows, stripped from her crown when those bastards who claimed to be the Kings of their races slaughtered her father mercilessly,   Her silver eyes narrowed dangerously before they turn blank, avoid of all emotion as she averted her gaze back towards the backyard of her Castle, where thousands of soldiers she’ve been created in past few hundred years trained, practicing their killing skills without rest,   A bit more, just a little bit more until her pawns ready to bring the stolen crown back on her head. One more piece and her chess board will complete,   A very important piece   She bit her bottom lip unconsciously as her gaze trailed up towards a lone tall tower not so far away from her palace. The tower gave out such ominous feelings that it’s surrounding seems dark, hollow and dead under the pale moonlight, nothing could penetrate the dark aura, not the wind, not the moon. Not even her white cold snow. Her power settled around the tower, melting away few meters from the grey wall like there’s some kind of barrier layering them. As if the one who occupy the place repelled even her mere power to get close to she stood. Stubbornly refusing to acknowledge her presence even after being stripped from all her power, grace and even souls,   Luna   A memory of the day she punish the one inside the tower dawned upon her and slight bitter sadness graced her beautiful face before evaporated a mere second later so that no one would seen such emotion in her. It’s been said that Reaper are ruthless, emotionless, cold as ice and unbreakable as a diamond, then what would her subjects -or even worse, her enemies- said if they ever saw the Queen displaying such weakness. She wont let them see, she refused to show them. Never will,   The woman keep on standing there, drowning in her thought before a melodious voice snap her back to reality and she turn her head slightly to acknowledge the tan skinned beauty behind her,   “Your Majesty”, Kwon Yuri, one of her most prized thaumaturge addressed the Red Empress and the said woman turn her back to face her subordinate fully, chin lift up in the air in a regal posture as she fixed her silver eyes at the kneeling woman, gesturing the thaumaturge to continue whatever report she brought with her and Yuri did what she told immediately,   “JoonMyeon pack has returned from their mission and he requested an immediate meeting”,   At this, the corner of the Empress lips curled upwards in delight, melting the coldness a bit as she move from the balcony and step inside her quarter, her cape and dress slithered with her movements as she approach her loyal subject,   “my, if it isn’t such delightful news! My cute little puppies finally back, it’s get boring without them here for so long, tell them I’ll receive them at the throne room” the woman chirped, clapping lightly as if projecting how happy she is, making her looked even younger with the childish gesture, but even a blind man can see that wasn’t the case at all, it's just a façade. No one could ever guess what kind of cynical plots she build inside her mind,   At her Queen order, Yuri stand up from her previous position the bowed once before spun on her heels and walk out the room, steps echoing even after the door clicked shut,   The Empress smile stay even after a few moment before changed into a dark victorious smirk as she turn her head back towards the balcony and towards the tower once again before speak in her syrupy voice that would surely send shivers to anyone who heard her,   “my dear sweet Luna, you never learn your lessons, you set this game for us to play and yet here I am, winning it, did you really thought you could hide her forever? You naïve little child, oh you always were” she mused, snow start to fall outside but the tower keep its ground, repelling the white substance away even when the wind gets even more violent, trying to crack the invisible barrier around the tower. The Empress eyes twitched in annoyance at this before she decided to shrugs it away, she have won and would soon claimed the prize, there’s no need to damped her mood just because of this. Letting out a sinister chuckles, the Empress turn around and start to walk out gracefully but not before remarked the last sentence for the prisoner inside the tower as the wind hollered outside as if expressing the forming anger,   “stay there and rot as you please, you know that I would always win, I’ll always get what I want, no matter who stood in my way, not even you, my dear Daughter”,   The tower darkened even more as the Empress cackles echoed through the dark hall way.
  *** I've never felt this frustrated before. Ever,   Gritting my teeth for the upteempth time since we left the Royal Castle this twilight, I keep throwing my heated glares towards the smug looking boy on the driver seat as he drive us both deep into the forbidden forest in where he take -more like kidnap- me to meet his younger brother, Kim TaeHyung. Just kill me already,   “you know I won't let you out of the door no matter what, even if you burn a hole on the side of my head, I would still take you to TaeHyung” NamJoon said after the tensed silence that lingered between us, his face split into half amused smile as he keep his eyes on the dark road ahead. His Jeep engines still roaring loudly, breaking the forest dreadful silent. Not even care just what would stirred awake by the sudden ruckus. And honestly I don’t even want to think about it, Forbidden forest hold a quite names for it’s reputation and variation of dark creatures that resides in it, I have a rather horrifying nightmare about them the first time my father told me stories about the forest in my childhood just to make sure I won't ever set a foot in the forbidden place, and yet here I am, being helplessly dragged into the said forest by one of my mate,   After a more bumping with the sticking out tree roots -dozen times, more or less- we finally reach the clearing, a rather spacious field, filled with tall grass in it’s corner, looming trees and a waterfall pouring at the end of the area, the stream beginning to froze from the cold, creating layers of ice on its surface,   I stare in awe at the scenery, amazed that such a place existed in a dark forest like this,   Having too drowned in the view, I jumped when NamJoon’s chuckles reach my hearing and I turn my face to throw him an half scolding looks for startling me like that but he just shrug his shoulders before opening his door then jump out of the vehicle gracefully and raising an amused brow at me “I thought you wants to get out of the car earlier?” he teased, pointing out how I whined along the way and an annoyed pout immediately formed on my face but said nothing anyway as I too, jumped out and landed carefully on the ground, stumbled a little. NamJoon laughed as he circled the jeep to stand beside me and took my hand in his before dragging me -again- with him towards the field, not so far away from the water fall and I could feel the cold wind caressed every exposed skin in my body, forming goosebumps from the cold,   “you’re late hyung”, a voice heard, startling us and we spun around to locate the owner of the voice as he jump down from a large branch on one of the big tree, the usual blank expression that he wear every single time he’s around me has already on his face,   TaeHyung walk closer to us, I start to grew restless and unconsciously shift behind NamJoon’s back to hide and this didn’t slipped from TaeHyung’s hawk eyes as he immediately fixed his gaze at me before his expressionless face cracked into a rather satisfied smirk at my shrinking form. He knows the I still traumatized by his presence, no matter how hard I always tried to cover it and he likes the fact. Sadistic bastard,   “you’re the one who came early” NamJoon shoot back as he grinned, moving forward and bump their fists while I keep myself close to NamJoon’s back, holding onto the end of his shirt like a lost puppy,   Smirking slightly, TaeHyung lean back as he cross his arms in front of his chest as he look at me “I’m as unwilling as you are in this, stop cowering like a kicked dog,” he mocked and I scowled, stepping away from NamJoon’s shadows anyway to shoot him hateful glares, TaeHyung raised an eyebrow as he smirked before turn his attention towards his brother, “can’t I have anything to say about this?”,   NamJoon tilt his head “you owe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter