Chapter 21

Voicemails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another warm, summer day in the fishing village where Yongguk resided. And as usual, he was working on his water toys in his boat shack, spending hours in the medium sized confinement checking and maintaining all his equipment. And he was surely expecting for his morning to be quiet, after all, his mornings were always slow but he forgot to put his friends into consideration.


“Yo.” Himchan came through the wooden doors of the boat shack and greeted, walking over to his same aged friend to give the man a pat on the back.

“Hey.” Yongguk returned the greeting, smiling at his friend's appearance. “What are you doing here?”

“Can I take a jet skit for a ride this weekend. I got a hot date and I want to impress her.” Himchan asked, leaning against the wall as he watched his friend clean one of the many boats he owned.

“Yeah, go for it.” Yongguk agreed without much questions. “Just don't break my .” He added in the end, knowing how reckless Himchan could get.

“I'll see what I can do.” His friend offhandedly muttered. “Hey. I have a question.” Himchan piped from behind.

“Hm?” Yongguk answered distractedly, focused on cleaning a stubborn stain from the jet ski.

“Are you and Hwayoung dating?”

“What?” Yongguk completely lost focused on his current tasked and turned around to face his friend, shock evident in his voice. “What gave you that idea?” That was one hell of a way to strike up a conversation.

“You're awfully close with someone you barely know.” The younger of the two pointed out. “That isn't like you.”

“.....We aren't.”

“Do you like her then?” Himchan continued to interrogate his friend. “Because it sure looks like it.” They were always hanging out, that was something Himchan had not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter