Chapter 14

Voicemails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I wonder if you listen to any of these?” Kris spoke aloud to himself, despite not receiving an answer he still continued leaving voicemails. “You probably hate me so much you don't even want to hear my voice. I don't blame you....I'd hate myself too.” Hwayoung never replied to him, he expected that much but he was hopeful. Her inbox was never full, even when he left numerous voicemails so it meant Hwayoung listened to at least one of them...or she deleted them all. “Anyway, how are you? How's the baby? Have you been eating well? Getting all the required nutrients?” These were just some of his concerns over his wife. If he had a choice, Kris would have said everything on his mind but he knew his time was limited. “I talked to our doctor and he said the first trimester was the most crucial one. You need to be careful of what you eat and mindful of your actions since it's pretty easy to lose the baby.” If anything happened to his unborn child, his heart would crumble into millions of unrepairable pieces. It'd hurt even more to know if something happened while he wasn't there by her side.

 

Leaving voicemails for Hwayoung had become a routine in the last month and from his experience, he knew he only had a few more seconds left before the line would cut off so he had to end things quickly, despite wanting to say much, much more. Anything else he had to say would have to wait til next time. “…...Bye Hwayoung. I love you.”

 

 

Hwayoung #9

 

Hwayoung wasn't sure if it was the hormones, the lack of sleep, or simply the grudge she held against her husband but the moment she heard his voice, speaking all these lies and undeserving concerns, she wanted to scream and rip the pillow in her lap apart. Who the hell did he think he was to be acting this way towards her? What right did Kris think he had to keep calling her? He didn't deserve it and he definitely didn't deserve the time of day from her.

 

It was hard for Hwayoung to pull away from the life she had worked so hard to build with Kris and all she wanted to do now was live a peaceful, quiet life with her unborn child but having Kris contact her, even when things should have been over, made moving on difficult and this added to the list of grudges she had against the movie star.

 

Hwayoung decided to brush this message aside, much like before, and got ready for her day with her usual routine with a new twist. Because she still had a little over two months before school started for her, she had found a place to volunteer at to kill some time. It by no means was glamorous, she was only picking up trash along the coastline but she was a weird girl, she liked volunteering. And with lightning quick speed and an eager mind, Hwayoung was ready for the day within 10 minutes.

 

 

 

“So..are you helping to help out or did you commit a crime and now you need to do community service?”

 

Without having to look, Hwayoung immediately recognize the low, husky voice. There was only one person she knew here with that deep of a voice. She turned around to face her visitor and like she suspected, Yongguk was standing before, his hands shoved into the pocket of his jeans and his infamous smile adorn on his chiseled face.

 

Hwayoung glanced at Yongguk from beneath her bang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter