Chapter 10

Voicemails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?” Kris quietly spoke into the phone, leaving yet another voicemail for the one person he longed for the most. He felt like a total jackass for even calling his wife, he didn't deserve an ounce of her attention or forgiveness after what he did but he knew he had to do this. He didn't know how to get her back and even where she was but the least he could do was let Hwayoung know he cared. “Have you been eating all your meals? Going to doctor appointments?” Kris surely hoped so. Hwayoung was a workaholic that would skip meals just to finish a task and he could easily name instances where he practically had to pull her way from work to eat. He also got a call from the family doctor the other day saying she had missed a couple of her check-ups. Kris didn't have a single idea where Hwayoung was staying now and the fact that she's pregnant only made him worry more. Where was she staying? Was she safe? Is she alone? Every hour and every second where he didn't know where his wife was, he was petrified over her well-being.

 

“I hope you are. Your health should be the most important thing.” He probably didn't even have to worry. As much as Hwayoung liked to keep herself busy, she was also a responsible woman. Now that she was carrying their child, no way would she neglect her health in exchange for the baby's development. “I really miss you.” Kris confessed with a heavy heart and tear filled eyes. “Can't you just come back to me?...I'm sorry.” His apology meant nothing to her at this point, he presumed. Nothing but a sad attempt and excuse to mend his faults. Despite the negative notion, he was going to try his damn best to win his wife back. “....I love you.” He reminded wistfully, wishing his loving words would help but in his heart, he knew nothing would.

 

 

Hwayoung #7 

 

Hwayoung groaned in irritation at the excessive ringing of her cellphone. This was probably the third time it went off in the span of 10 minutes and she swears, she was about to throw that thing out the window. She glared at the tiny device, sitting on the kitchen counter, and prayed for it's demise. She wasn't in the mood to interact with anyone at the moment, so to hell with them, and only wanted to concentrate on quelling her nausea. It seemed like morning sickness was at its worse today, the onslaught of queasiness hitting her in strong, constant waves.

 

She lied in her twin size bed for a good amount of time, breathing in and out to calm her uneven breaths. She reached for her herbal tea that was sitting on the night stand and took a large gulp, hoping that its natural properties could calm her sickness down. Miraculously, it did work and all sickness ebb away after a few minutes but the nasty taste of bile still su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter