Ch.3

On & Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey! Sorry for being gone for so long, school got crazy with all the final exams. But I have come back with a new update! I hope you all enjoy~!

I know I said I was going to do 3rd pov for the rest of the story but I realized how hard that's going to be so nevermind, it will be in 1st pov.

Jaehee POV

"Jaehee! Areum is here!", my mom yelled from the bottom floor of our house.

"Oh, okay, send her up!"

Few seconds later, my best friend Areum walked into my room while screaming, "JAEHEE!" and crushing me into a huge hug.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you in like 2 weeks." A small, playful pout grew on her face. To us, 2 weeks is like 2 years of not seeing each other.

I mirrored her facial expression, "I know it's been forever! But I''ve been hanging in there. That's not important though! There's a reason why I invited you over today." I have been dying to tell her about L.Joe and me. I didn't want to tell her over text, I thought she deserved to know in person.

"Hmm, this is weird. What ever could this reason be?" She squinted here eyes towards me suspiciously. I took in a dramatic deep breath.

"Are you ready for this, Areum? I don't think you're ready, but brace yourse-" "SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!"

"Okay, so, I may or may not have a thing with our school's soccer team's goalie. SO how have you been?" I definetely did not want to wait for her reaction, I don't know why but this was all embarrassing for me.

Just like how I thought, Areum sat there with wide open in shock. To bring her back to reality, I snapped in front of her face.

"Wait. Wait a minute here. The goalie? /The/ goalie? As in L.Joe? /The/ L.Joe?"

I covered my face from embarassment and nodded, "Yes, /The/ L.Joe. I don't know how this happened to be honest with you."

"Wow~. This is shocking, Jaehee...WAIT, What about Myungsoo? You're telling me that you got over your year long crush on him, like that? Impossible."

I could feel my heart tightening at the mention of his name, "Come one, Areum. Did you honeslty think I had any chance with him? He had a girlfriend all year long, knew I liked him, hell, the whole school practically knew I liked him. I got tired of waiting, there's no point."

"So, L.joe is just some rebound?"

I furrowed my eyebrows together, Is she mad at me for moving on? "Um, no? I actually think my feelings for him can grow, we just have to get to know each other more is all."

Areum let out a little sigh, "Alright~, I trust you on this Jaehee. If you come running to me saying that you miss Myungsoo, I just might stop being your friend."

I knew my friend was just joking around, "Aw, come on, how can you stop being friends with this face?"

I did the famous flower pose with my hands and threw a mini kiss at her, "Ew. do that again and I definitely will stop being friends with you."

For the rest of the night, we just kicked back and relaxed while watching movies and also gossiping. It's a natural girl thing.

After that day that I bumped into L.Joe, we ended up talking a lot more. I know it's weird of me to suddenly change my opinion of him, but he isn't that bad. In case you were wondering, no we never went on that little date. I have been super busy with dance camp and also trying to do some extra volunteer work. L.Joe has also been busy with his travel soccer team, seeing that he is the only goalie, his team needs him.

Anyways, today is the first day of school. The start of a new year, Let's forget all about last year, Jaehee! Fighting!

With confidence I walked out of my house to find Areum waiting outside for me so we could walk together to school. We both live pretty close to school, just about a 10 minute walk.

Areum wrapped an arm around my shoulder out of excitement, "Are you for the new year? And today you get to see your love, L.Jooooe~!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter