Ch. 2

On & Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, so you guys don't get confused, I will continue the story in 3rd pov and as a continuation of the flashback for the rest of the story.

Jaehee finally got to go to sleep after L.Joe stopped texting her constantly until 2am. Thankfully, she was able to sleep peacefully. Since it is the summer, there is no more alarm to wake her up at 6am to get ready for school. However, there is her mom to come in at 8am.

“Jaehee-ah~! Time to rise and shine my daughter!” To help wake her up, her mother made her way over to the curtains and opened them wide letting the sun rays shine right into Jaehee’s eye. That sure helped.

She scrunched her face as the rays were way too bright and early for this time.

Jaehee groggily whined to her mother, “Ummmaaaaa...please. I don't even have school anymore, let me sleep.”

Her mother shook her head disagreeing with everything her daughter has said.

“No way am I letting you sleep in until 1pm. Get up and be productive. Go call your friends, Hyunmi and Sohyun! I’m sure they'd love to go shopping or something. Now get up!” Before leaving, she left a little tap on her legs and yanked the bed sheets off.

Uggghhh, why must she do that?? I might as well get up before she comes in and does something worse.

And so, Jaehee removed herself from her bed and made her way to the bathroom to freshen up.

After washing her face and brushing her hair, she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Hm, maybe I should do something productive...Maybe I'll go running. Yeah, I'll do that!

Jaehee made her way to her closet and picked out her running clothes and a pair of running shoes to match. In case her hair would get in the way, she tied it up in a high ponytail. Also, to protect her face from getting sunburnt(and so no one could recognize her; it’s summer, break from people at school), she topped it off with a baseball cap and made her way downstairs where her mom was waiting for her at the table.

“Oh, how nice of you to join me on this beautiful morning.”

“I think I might actually listen to what you said and be productive. I’m going to go running.”

“Hm, as long as you are not running away, fine by me.”

I never actually thought about that. Maybe some other day.

“Alright, bye mom!”

And with that, Jaehee gave a little peck to her mom's cheek and made her way out the door.

Ahhh, it's a beautiful day today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter