Chapter 9

Catch Us If You Can

The team gathered into a black van and made their way towards Chuncheon, which was about an hour away from Seoul. Taeyeon and Sunny sat in the front while Sooyoung, Krystal, Yoona, and Yuri sat in the middle and Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, and Hyoyeon sat in the back.

About 10 minutes into the drive Tiffany suddenly felt sleepy along with Jessica mostly due to their little outing late at night. Tiffany leaned her head onto Jessica's shoulder and fell asleep with Jessica following soon after. 

Tiffany unconciously smiled and snuggled closer to Jessica.

Taeyeon, who was driving, looked into the rear view mirror and witnessed the scene. *They're oddly close...* Taeyeon then nudged Sunny, who was sitting next to her in the front, and nodded her head towards the two leaders. 

Sunny internally squealed at the cute sight and whispered to Taeyeon, being careful not to wake anyone up. Omo....they're so cuuute~

Taeyeon glanced at Sunny then back at the road. I know they're cute, but when did they become that comfortable with each other? They've been acting weird after we finished eating at that restaurant. 

Sunny then thought about the situation too. Yeah that's true ever since Tiffany left the restaurant she looked at Jessica differently. Maybe they had a little talk last night?

I thought they went to sleep at the same time as us? Yoona then leaned forward from the middle row. I saw her sneak out around midnight, but I didn't really pay attention to it because I looked around and everyone else was sleeping. I thought she just wanted some fresh air, so then I just went back to sleep. Yoona reported.

Yuri also leaned forward. Actually I saw something pretty interesting too. She grabbed the attention of Sunny and Yoona. It was a little past midnight, but I saw Jessica go outside too. Everyone raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

Then Krystal spoke up. I think I have a theory. You know how Tiffany was the last one leaving the restaurant? They all nodded. Well usually people who leave last come out about a minute later, but she took about 5-7 minutes before she left. 

Ok so? Taeyeon interrupted.

SO. Krystal said slightly annoyed. I'm guessing the halmeoni who works there caught her and said something to her about Jessica's and my past which caused Tiffany to be interested in my sister. That halmeoni can somewhat keep a secret, but she does know when to stop herself.

Wait so what happened to you in the past? Taeyeon asked curiously. 

Krystal hesitated. I-I'd rather not say. You can ask Tiffany since she might have the answer, or anyone else in my group. She then sadly looked out the window and watched trees and cars pass by.

Taeyeon glanced at Krystal through the rear view mirror. *Smooth Taeyeon real smooth. Way to bring up someone's darkest memories.* She mentally scolded herself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swiftly approaching the destination Taeyeon asked someone to gently shake Jessica and Tiffany awake.

We're almost there you guys should get ready. Taeyeon informed.

Tiffany rubbed her eyes then straightened herself in her seat. Al-Alright. She yawned. Tiffany then turned to Jessica and gently patted her awake. Hey we're almost there time to get up. She said softly trying not to startle the latter.

Nggh...I'm up...Jessica groggily said.

Tiffany stared at Jessica watching her struggle to properly wake up. *Wow...she's really not a morning person...or just anytime she wakes up. It's kinda cute~* She smiled secretly to herself.

Alright so we're at Chuncheon now? She asked still half asleep. No, we're near Chuncheon, we're still a couple of miles away. Right now we're close to the spot where they're most likely setting up their hideout.

They all gathered their equipment and stealthly headed towards an abandoned building. Jessica led the way, but then she signaled them to stop when she saw a Serpent lurking around the entrance. She then picked up a medium sized rock and threw it at a pile full of crates. The guard then notices the sound and walks toward it with his gun ready.

Quick now that he's distracted- Jessica was in the middle of explaining something until Hyoyeon got up, sprinted behind the guard, and knocked him out with one hit. Hyoyeon then searched his body for anything useful. Luckily she found a map of the facility in the guard's pockets which also had the locations of other guards and their shift.

Hyoyeon then swaggered her way back to the group with a triumphed grin on her face. She then waved the map in front of Jessica's face. Look what I got~ 

Jessica glared at Hyoyeon for doing something so reckless. 

Seohyun put her hand on Hyoyeon's shoulder and in a serious tone she scolded her. You shouldn't have done that. What if he turned around you would have been dead in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry I'll be more careful... Hyoyeon looked at the floor while everyone else was dumbfounded. *Did she just tame Hyoyeon? The Kim Hyoyeon? The Daredevil?....She's definitely not one to be messed with...* 

It's ok unnie just don't do it again. She looked at her worried. Hyoyeon nodded her head slightly as if she was a puppy being yelled at. *She's a lot more timid than I thought...*

Jessica quickly reviewed the map along with everyone else and assigned the team to their positions the moment they walk through the door.

There isn't too many of them, but we still have to be careful since they might call for back up, but to avoid that we need the sniper to take some of guards out preferrably the ones who are isolated and not in anyone's line of sight. 

Sunny nodded her head and gave the 'ok' sign with her hand. Ok understood. 

It doesn't seem like they have any cameras, but they do have several motion detectors. Once Seohyun deactivates them we can head in. Sunny and Seohyun will go upstairs with Hyoyeon and Sooyoung guarding them. Taeyeon and Krystal already have the car ready. So the rest of us will head in. Tiffany said finalizing the plan.

They are now one step closer to their goal.

 

 

 

 

=================================================================

Woah I am tired xD

Dying 12.0 yup this was 1.5 points worth of dying xD

Thank you everyone for reading! It would be great if you could leave an upvote/comment or subscribe! You don't have to if you don't want to, but I rather you do. xD