Chapter 7

Catch Us If You Can

Night soon fell and they drove the officers back to their cruisers.

I think it's been a long day and the drive for you guys is too far so I suggest you follow us back to our place. Jessica tried to find an excuse for them to stay so she could talk to Tiffany. 

Jessica's crew was surprised and somewhat panicked. Then Krystal swung by her sister and whispered to her. Are you sure about this unnie? They aren't very trustworthy yet. Jessica nodded her head in response. We should be fine I have a feeling we can trust them.

If that's alright with you. Tiffany silently thanked her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cops followed the delinquents back to their hideout.

It isn't much, but there's heating, food, water, and plumbing. She showed everyone around. Uh there's some mattresses and couches, but not enough for all of us. There's 2 couches and 3 mattresses. Tiffany's team can take 2 mattresses and mine can take the couches and the one mattress. Then I will sleep on the floor.

I will too. Thank you for your hospitality and generosity. She smiles at Jessica.

Jessica nodded slightly somewhat taken aback by her smile. *Wow what the hell was that?* She stares at her while Tiffany talks to her teammates. *She's really pretty though....*

Taeyeon watches the scene unfold from afar. *That was odd...Tiffany smiled at her...I wonder what happened between the two of them...*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone got settled into their respectful spots.

Then Yuri got up to hand out blankets. She handed one blanket to Sunny and Taeyeon then handed another to Seohyun and Yoona. Then Yuri spoke softly to Yoona. Even though we have heating it doesn't do very much, so please do your best to keep warm. She then got up to hand out the other blankets.

Yoona stared at her somewhat blushing. *She's really caring...* Then Seohyun noticed and whispered to her. Unnie...do you like her? Yoona was shocked and quickly replied. N-No! Never. Seohyun didn't believe her. Ok whatever you say unnie. *They would be quite cute together. Unfortunately we're stuck in this situation.* She then turned around and went to sleep. *Do I like her?...Ah whatever maybe I'm just sleep deprived.* Yoona then laid down and slept.

Hyoyeon saw Yuri walking towards her and decided to . You are pretty interested in that girl aren't you?~ She smirked. Then Yuri simply replied. Yeah...I am...she's really delicate looking I can't help but protect her. Hyoyeon didn't expect that answer so she kept quiet.

Yuri took this chance to do the same to Hyoyeon. Don't you have a little crush on the girl you shared your bike with? She smiled mischievously. Hyoyeon opened to reply, but was silent. Oh? The Kim Hyoyeon silent? The world must be ending. Sooyoung joked. You're no better Soo, I saw you smiling with the shorty. Hey no one gets to call her shorty but m- Sooyoung then covered with her hand when she realized she was revealing too much. 

Then three of them laughed together. Hey we should quiet down before we wake Soojung. Yuri walks over and checks on Krystal and brushes away several strands of her hair. You're pretty just like your sister~ 

Then everyone fell asleep except Krystal who heard everything. *The unnies like the other girls?...I suppose Taeyeon is cute....with her puppy-like eyes....Ah! What am I saying?* She squirmed around on the couch finding a comfortable area and fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was soon nearing midnight. Then Jessica got up and checked her surroundings making sure everyone was asleep. She then went out of the warehouse and saw someone waiting for her under a street lamp.

Why did you call me out here? Jessica asked, her voice cold as always.

Tell me about your past. She questioned her.

Why should I? She glared at Tiffany, her stare cutting through the night.

The Lady at the restaurant told me a bit about your past and now I'm curious. Is it true that your parents were murdered? 

Jessica hesitated slightly, debating if she should tell her or not. She then sighed. Yes it's true...

When were they murdered? How were they murdered? Why were they murdered? How are you and your sister alive? Tiffany fired multiple questions at Jessica.

When I was 16 I witnessed my parents' death right before my eyes. She hesitated a little gathering her strength. They were murdered by those damned Serpents, a blunt blow to each of their heads. I suspect that those thugs came to collect money from my father, but... Her voice got caught in .

Tiffany slowly stepped towards Jessica. But?... She urged her to continue.

But...he obviously didn't have enough to pay the debt he owed...Jessica closed her eyes tightly and Tiffany puts her hand on Jessica's shoulder. I remember him begging for mercy...then I heard his body hit the floor followed by my mom's. Tears started to escape her eyes. Tiffany helped her wipe several away. After the thug was done with my parents I realized he was coming for us so Krystal and I hid until the thug left. Then I gathered everything we needed and...I never looked back. She said breathlessly.

Tiffany felt immense guilt for pushing these thoughts out of the latter that her eyes watered. I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring up these dark memories.... 

Tiffany gathered her strength to tell Jessica her story.

My mom was also killed. Tiffany said slowly. Jessica looked at Tiffany and listened intently. I was 12 at the time. We were walking across a street...and this...this psychopath sped down the street. Now it was Tiffany's turn to cry. Tears continuously rolled down her cheeks.

She inhaled a shakey breath. She...she was hit dead on...and they never caught the driver...She looked down and clenched her teeth in attempt to stop crying. 

I'm sorry... Tiffany looked up. No what I went through is nothing compared to yours... It doesn't matter whose pain is worse....pain is pain. Jessica stated. 

But it looks like we're not so different after all...Jessica smiled gently as she wipes away Tiffany's tears. They both stayed in each other's embrace before pulling away.

W-We should probably head back. Tiffany sniffled. Yeah it's cold out and we wouldn't want the princess catching a cold now would we?~ Jessica playfully joked. Which earned Jessica an elbow to the stomach. Ow... She groaned. You deserved that. Yeah yeah whatever now good night.

They both headed back in with clear thoughts and slightly lighter heart.

 

 

 

==================================================================

WOOOO I CAUGHT UP 

Dying 9.0 yo!

As I said before it'll be great if you subscribe/upvote/comment. No pressure though :D