Chapter 2

Catch Us If You Can

Tiffany stretched and got out of bed. Geez...a morning shift after a night shift....my bags are going to have bags....She mumbled to herself while looking into a mirror.

You'll be fine. Taeyeon yawned and brushed her teeth. 

Tiffany and Taeyeon share apartments with the rest of her squad mates.

Ah you're up unnies. Right on time. Seohyun beamed. How are you so cheerful in the morning? Tiffany groaned still half asleep. You had a night shift like the rest of us. How are you not tired? Seohyun put a finger to her lips and hummed. Mmm...maybe because I'm younger? She teased. Yah! Our ages aren't even that far apart! Yoona yelled from her room.

Pshh two years age difference isn't that much....Taeyeon sneered. Two years is actually a lot....Taeyeon stared at Tiffany for a moment before snapping. Just go with it! She hissed. Arasso arasso! Tiffany chuckled.

Ahhh why is it so noisy so early in the morning? Sunny finally emerged from her room. Says the energy pill. With her oh-so-cute aegyo~ She mocked Sunny in the second part of her sentence and groans of disgust sounded from the group.

Then Yoona bounded down the hall with her aegyo and went especially close to Tiffany knowing she hates it the most. Unnieee~~ She puts her hands close to her face and pouts cutely. Ahhhhh!! Noooo! Tiffany holds her hands over her ears in an attempt to block out the noise. 

Sunny held up her fist and threatened Yoona. Don't make me push you down the stairs Im Yoona. Yoona then pretended to be hurt and shocked. How could you do that to me? She then smiled knowing the fact that Sunny couldn't. 

Taeyeon smiled and watched from afar Sunny chasing down Yoona while Tiffany and Seohyun were laughing at the event. *Heh...our mornings are always so lively.* Taeyeon then turned her head and her smile disappeared when she saw a small picture frame of Tiffany with her mother. *Tiffany is so strong...continuing to smile when someone who's closest to her heart was killed right in front of her. If I was her I'd probably wouldn't want to even be alive.*

Tiffany then wondered why Taeyeon was so quiet and caught her staring grimly at something so she followed her line of sight and laid her eyes on the same picture frame. *Ah...so that's what Taeyeon was staring at...* She sighed and closed her eyes remembering the moment.

*Flashback*

MOMMYYYYY!!! 12 year old Tiffany screamed as she watches her mother get run over by a car She watched the car speed off, the driver not even hesitating to look back at what they done. She raced towards the broken body of her mother and held her hand. Mom...please...don't leave me...Tears streamed down her face before all the emotions inside her built up. She wailed into the darkening sky and as if on cue rain started to pour slowly washing away the blood.

Lights from police officers and ambulances lit up the area. Tiffany watched her mother get carried onto a stretcher with a blanket covering the body.

That day she vowed to get revenge on the person who murdered her mother and to protect anyone from having to go through the pain of losing someone.

*End of Flashback*

Tiffany opened her eyes to see Taeyeon staring at her with a worried look. I'm fine. She mouthed at Taeyeon so she doesn't worry the others. Taeyeon's face lightened slightly, but she knew deep down that Tiffany is doing her best to stay strong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krystal nuzzled into her older sister sleeping peacefully. Jessica brushes away strands of hair out of Krystal's face trying not to wake the latter. *You look so much like dad...with your sharp nose and strong chin...I bet you miss mom and dad huh?...Don't worry I do too...* She sighed slightly which caused Krystal to twitch a bit in her sleep. Jessica stiffened her body afraid of waking her beloved sister. She then stared at the ceiling thinking about the incident with her parents.

*Flashback*

Knocks were heard at the door and Jessica's father gets up to take a look to see who it is. He then turns around and looks at his wife with a concerned face then looks at his two daughters. Jessica take Krystal and go to your room. Her father ordered her in a grave voice. Close the door too. Not questioning her father she holds 9 year old Krystal's hand and leads her up to their room, but rather than closing the door completely Jessica leaves a crack open to see and listen out of.

She sees three large men dressed in black talking to her father. Look I don't have the money yet....I'm doing my best...No I'm not trying to disrespect you at all sir!....Please just give me more time! Jessica heard her father beg and yell before a heavy thud sounded and she saw his body fall to the ground followed by her mother.

Jessica panicked at the sight and quickly arranged some of the furniture in her room to create a small hiding space for her and her sister. Alright Krystal we're going to play hide and seek and we're going to hide here in this small space. Who's the seeker? A really big man and you can't make a sound ok? Or else we'll be in big trouble arasso? Ok unnie I'll be quiet~ They both quickly squeezed into the hiding spot just in time just when the door to their room opens and heavy footsteps pound on the floor. Jessica's breathing slowed when the footsteps came closer and closer. She silently prayed that they won't be caught and just like that her prayers were answered. The footsteps slowly retreated and soon after a car engine turned over and revved away.

Jessica then ushered Krystal out of the hiding spot and started finding essentials to pack. Did we win unnie? Yes we did you did well. She patted Krystal's head. But this isn't a time to celebrate that man might come back so we have to leave. She quickly packed clothes for herself and Krystal then went to collect emergency money from a hiding spot where her mom showed her just in case something happened to them.

Jessica didn't want Krystal to see the bodies of their parents lying on the floor so they went out the back door. So where are we going to go unnie? And is umma and appa coming with us? Jessica's breath stopped at the question mentioning their parents. Umma and Appa aren't going to be with us for awhile ok? And I don't know where we're going to go just yet....*But I do know that I will find you mysterious men and I will not stop until you pay for taking away our parents from me and my sister.* She gazed at the intertwined hands of hers and Krystal's. *Especially my sister...*

*End of Flashback* 

Unaware to Jessica that Krystal was awake and watching her Krystal touched the face of her older sister rubbing away her tears. Unnie you're crying. Huh?! Jessica touched her face and realized there were several wet marks. She quickly wiped them off. Was it about....Umma and Appa?....She stared into the worried eyes of her younger sister. N-No...I just had a nightmare don't worry about me ok? I'll be fine. She patted her head. Let's get some breakfast you must be starving.

 

 

 

=====================================================================

Now you know a little about the past of what happened to the Jungs and Hwang.

Dying 3.0

Please leave a comment or subscribe for more! :D Of course you don't have to, but I recommend it. ^^

Thanks for reading!