Chapter 12

Catch Us If You Can

While one pair walked in awkward silence another pair was doing the same.

Seohyun walked with Hyoyeon, but she continued to throw several glances at Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon couldn't take anymore of the heavy atmosphere and decides to break the silence.

Why do you keep looking at me? Is there something on my face? She asked slightly agitated.

Seohyun flinched at the question. U-Uh I'm just worried if any of your injuries hurt...She looked down and muttered.

Suddenly Hyoyeon felt bad for scaring the girl. Oh...no I'm fine...I've went through worse before. She strugged her shoulders. This is nothing.

Seohyun looked at her in awe. Wow...what other injuries did you go through? She curiously asked. 

Sensing her growing interests Hyoyeon told her multiple stories of her battle scars. ...And this one She points to a long scratch that starts at her elbow and goes down to her wrist. I got this from running away from you guys. I climbed over this barbed fence and oh man I almost gave Jessica a heart attack at the sight of this. She smiled and laughed a bit. 

However Seohyun looked guilty. I'm sorry you had to suffer through that. 

Huh? Oh don't worry about it. You should've seen Jessica's face! She looked like she was going to pass out. She joked trying to lighten the atmosphere. 

Seohyun smiled and giggled.  The most daring thing I've done before joining this team was going to bed past 1 am. 

Hyoyeon laughed in disbelief. Haha! No way! She then paused. Actually I can believe it. You look really delicate. 

Actually my elbows are pretty sharp. She holds one up and touches it. Hyoyeon then reached up and touched Seohyun's elbow. 

Omo! You can give someone a concussion with this! She teased. 

Taeyeon unnie complains about my elbow a lot. I accidentally hit her before. Now she runs away whenever she sees my elbow. She laughed. 

I would too! Hyoyeon laughed along with her. *Her laugh and smile is so beautiful...I want to see it some more...*

Hyoyeon then did everything she could to keep Seohyun's smile on her face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides Seohyun there was another person who was worried about her partner's wound.

Sunny tried to keep up with Sooyoung's long strides causing her to speed walk.

Sooyoung noticed this and slowed her pace so Sunny could maintain her own speed. 

Oops I forgot you have short legs~ She teased.

Yah! I could keep up just fine just so you know! She crossed her arms and her cheeks puffed up in annoyance. 

Hehe~ I was only kidding. Sorta...She smiled slyly at Sunny. 

Wow you're a piece of work! Sunny said exasperated.

A piece of artwork~ She continued and laughed.

Your confidence is no joke. At least I'm the "taller" one when we're laying on our backs. She smiled smugly.

Sooyoung fakes a shocked face and pretends to be offended. Ah! That's harassment! She opens wide and puts her hand over it.

Sunny smacked Sooyoung on the arm then remembers the injury on her face. 

Oh yeah how's the scratch on your face? She furrowed her eyebrows.

Sooyoung shrugs. It stings, but nothing too bad. Why? Is someone worried about me? She smiles.

Then Sunny looks at the floor and blushes. N-No! I was just wondering....

One of Sooyoung's eyebrows went up. Uhuh sure~ Anyways you can believe I was worried about you. She said with a serious face.

Sunny looked at her confused. Huh? Why?

I was worried that some of the bullets that went past me might have hit you or Seohyun. I'm supposed to protect you. It'll defeat the purpose of me guarding you if you still get hurt. She explained.

You should've worried more about yourself...you were getting shot at! You've even been hit. She said guilty.

Don't worry about it. It's really not that bad. 

I saw you touch it a lot in the restaurant though? She raised an eyebrow.

Sooyoung rubs the back of her neck shyly. O-Oh I was touching it for a different reason...

What's that reason? She asked curiously.

I was just remembering how soft your hands were when you put on the band aid for me...She looked away blushing.

Pfft~ Sunny giggled. 

H-Hey! Don't laugh... Sooyoung pouted. 

I'm sorry, but that's too cute!~ She laughed a bit more.

Sooyoung tried to hide her shyness by speed walking ahead causing Sunny to run after her. 

Hey wait! Hahaha! I'm sorry! She continued to laugh as she tries to reach Sooyoung.

Both of them continued their small game of cat and mouse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Sooyoung and Sunny were being lively, Yoona and Yuri had a more relaxing evening.

Walking side by side in comfortable silence, admiring the beauty of the park around them.

It's quite refreshing walking around like this rather than being chased around. She joked.

Yoona smiled. It really is nice to walk once in awhile. Although it's quite fun to watch you struggle a bit when we chase after you~

Ha struggle! it's you who's struggling~ You still haven't caught me yet! She laughed.

Yoona then links her arm with Yuri's. Now I caught you~ She then smiles sweetly.

Ah that's not fair~ How do you expect me to run from such a beautiful smile like that? She grins handsomely.

Yoona then blushes slightly. Hopefully you don't...

Yuri then pulls Yoona closer. Don't worry I won't~ Someone who would run must have been dropped on their head as a child. She joked.

Yoona then shivered from a gust of wind. Seeing this Yuri took off her jacket and put it around Yoona then pulled her close again.

I've thought of you wrongly. She suddenly confessed causing Yuri to look at her oddly. What do you mean? She questioned.

I always thought of you as a rebel and delinquent and I'm sorry for that. She looks up to Yuri only to see a warm smile. 

You thought of that this whole time? Yoona nodded her head slightly. You really didn't need to worry so much~ Honestly everyone thought that way so it wasn't much that big of a deal. 

But it is a big deal. You're such a sweet and kind person. You look out for others before yourself. 

Yuri then patted Yoona's head. It's because I care about them. 

But we've only been partners for a couple of days. How can you already care about me?

The amount of time you've known someone doesn't apply to how much you care about them. Sometimes you can just....feel it. A strong bond or connection. She looked at Yoona. Do you feel that connection? Her eyes were hopeful.

Yoona returned the gaze. If I didn't feel it I wouldn't be here walking with you now would I?~ 

Both of their hearts light and bursting with happiness they continued walking the scenic pathways.

 

 

 

==========================================================================

Will I ever go to bed at a normal time?....Pfft nah.

Dying 15.0

Thanks for reading! Upvote/comment/subscribe and all that jazz. If you don't want to then oh well. :P