Twice Short Stories - How can we be together? - Part 2

TWICE Short Stories - Tzuyu x Sana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last time Tzuyu showed a genuine smile was back in the days when she was a child. She just graduated elementary school and was at the ceremony. When it was her turn to take the certificate, she scanned the crowd of her grandmother. And there she was, waving at Tzuyu with a big smile on her face while she waved back. And that smile disappeared until her grandmother passed.

 

Tzuyu never had a good childhood with her parents. At the age of 3, her mother remarried to a man whom she thought was nice. It turned out that he was a drug peddler and even got her mother hooded onto drugs. The two parents were always not at home. Why? Well, they were most probably trying to find money to get the drugs.

 

Not only did her parents owe the bank tons of money, the owed the loan sharks too. Everyday, loan sharks will bang on the door demanding for money. All poor Tzuyu could do was hide under the covers, using her pillow to block out the sound.

 

Little Chaeyoung was really mature for her age. At 10 she had to live alone since her parents worked overseas but the do keep in close contact. Unlike the other bullies and losers in the school that criticized Tzuyu, Chaeyoung reached out to her and offered her the help that she needs. At 15 she realised the magnitude of Tzuyu’s problems and urge her to stay with her instead.

 

It took a long time to convince her though, but Tzuyu agreed. Chaeyoung also had a difficult negotiation with her about finances. Chaeyoung wanted to help pay the debts for the loan sharks so they will not disturb Tzuyu anymore. She refused but Chaeyoung did it secretly. Chaeyoung allowed her to work to pay the bank instead. Thus, Tzuyu took up a job at a local dinner.

 

Chaeyoung does try to make Tzuyu happy but she never got to achieve the level of a genuine smile after Tzuyu’s grand Mother died. To see the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter