Part 7

I don't think so too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't think I can face them Yul."

"Of course you can, it's just your brain messing around with your head."

"No it's not just my brain, I think it's the horrifying reality that is messing around with me. Let's both be honest, they all hate me right now."

"Well let's say that they do, they can't possibly hate you for life. We're sisters, we fight big time but we forget about it because we love one another so much."

"It's different this time, I broke our sisterhood." Jessica sighs. "I think I shouldn't come."

"If you don't come now, you'll have to meet them sooner or later. It's better to start now Jes, yes they might hate you and your audacity to join the reunion when in fact, you left us in the first place, but do not ever doubt yourself... I know that you will win their hearts back right before the reunion ends."

"How will I win their hearts back?"

"Come here." Jessica sits beside Yuri as the latter wrapped her arm around her lover. "Remember the first time we all met?" Jessica nods her head. "It was just you in the training room and slowly we were going inside, and heck we were terrified of you."

"I remember all of your scared faces."

"Yes, and remember the first few days, we were really awkward with one another? We were all getting along except for you and the others..."

"I even cried to you one night because I think no one will love me in the group."

"But you showed us your warm side and slowly, we also warmed up to you. You never gave up on us, you cared for us, comforted us, cheered us on and even protected us from the media." Yuri says. "It's your hard work and determination that won all of us years ago, and I think it will also be the same secret that you will win all of them back . Just like how you won me back, how you won my family back. Hard work, Determination and Sincerity. That Jessica Jung is how you will win them back." 

Jessica looks up to her. "You really think so?"


And before Yuri can answer she smiled at her. "I know so. Now c'mon we have a lot of packing to do."
 

 

Jessica's daughter was left behind back at Yuri's parents and Chae Yool as well while the couple traveled to Indonesia to go to the island that Sunny rented for the entire week. Even though it was just a short trip, both airline and water transportation, Jessica felt like it was the longest and most dreadful ride of her life.

Winning Yuri and her family back was no joke to her. She admitted to herself that it's better that she'll just give up, and that all of the words that came from Yuri's family were true, but just like Yuri said it was something about her that kept her going. The difference now is that Jessica would have to keep going even though she'd have to hear hurtful words coming from the people who have seen her grow as a person, who have seen her improve her social skills and step out of her comfort zone, who have been with her through ups and downs, and from the people she left behind.

She tries to figure out how can she win their hearts back, sure the HDS might work for some but she doubts it would work for all of them, there's gotta be another way that she can win all of them before this week ends, something even more than HDS thing.


"Sica."

"Huh?"

Yuri looks at her worriedly. "Are you okay? You look like you're sick." She taps Jessica's forehead. "Do you feel any pain?"

"No, I'm fine." But I think I'll feel it later.

"Ladies, we're here." One of the staff said.

The couple looked around the island and was amazed by the beauty of it, just by looking at the entrance view. Powdery white sand beach, clear water with aqua up to the deep blue shade of color, and the peace that each of them needed. Fruit-bearing trees can be found as well at the entrance while the pathway was in between rows of palm trees.


"And here I think that we were completely destroying mother Earth." Yuri mumbles to herself. "This place is amazing."

"Sunny did a very good job at locating this place." Jessica comments.

"Hey." Yuri holds on tight to her lover's hand. "We're gonna get through this together."

Jessica smiles and squeezed Yuri's hand as well. "Together."


Jessica was so unsure of what to do. As they head on towards the main villa, the quiet ambiance was slowly disappearing and minimal chit-chatting can already be heard. The very first thing she ever heard clearly was the sound of Sunny's laughter followed by Hyoyeon's. That made Jessica stopped in her tracks, causing Yuri to stop as well.


"What's wrong?"

"I feel like once I step foot inside the villa everything will be wrong."

"No it wouldn't be wrong babe. C'mon, they're waiting for us."

"No, they're waiting for you. They weren't expecting me."

"Well you're here now and there's nothing that we can do about it." She ends the conversation and dragging her lover towards the house.

And although Jessica tried to protest, she knew it was a lost battle. Yuri was stronger than the two of them so might as well let Yuri drag her into the place, which eventually she did. 

"Hey guys what's up?" Yuri announces. And of course, like a future reader, it did went wrong.

"What the ?!"

"Hey calm down Sunny."

"No, I can't calm down."

"Sunny I think this conversation needs-" Sooyoung tries to comfort her girlfriend but Sunny swatted her hand away.

"No I am going to use whatever octave I prefer, because this is my octave, my voice, my mouth and especially my life so you better not be making choices for me Choi Sooyoung I will rip this ring out of my finger and shove it down your throat!" Everyone gasped when they heard the word ring.

"You're guys are going to be married!?" Hyoyeon exclaimed.

"Well no Sherlock she was just letting me try on a diamond ring. STUPID! Of course we're getting married!" Sunny says. "I was going to announce this one through our dinner but you!" She points at a finger at Jessica. "You just had to ruin everything do you?"

"Jessica did nothing wrong it was your choice, your rage and everything about this being wrong is on you so back off that finger and point that little thing back at ya." Yuri defended so sternly.

"Oh look at this every body Yuri being Yuri, defending little Jessica as always." Sunny snorts.

"Unnie I think-" Seohyun wanted to say something but Yoona stops her.

"Shhhh, let the adults to this quarrel." She taps the latter's shoulder."

"OKAY!" Taeyeon stands up. "I think we got the room assignments already, we'll rest for a little while and we're going to do a little island tour, then we proceed to dinner, pretend that any engagement announcement has been made, we'll congratulate the couple and go have a little fun before hitting the sack and facing a new day with new challenges." Taeyeon clasped her hands together. "Does anybody object the idea?"


BAM!


"You knew about this didn't you?"

"Maybe."

Sunny eyes widened. "You knew she was tagging along, I bet you guys knew that they got back together before the rest of us!"

"Unnie, please calm down... We can talk this at a very calm and peaceful tone."

"Don't make me repeat what I said earlier Seo Joo Hyun." Sunny glares. "Now Taeyeon, answer me."

"Yeah we knew earlier by an accident." She answers. 

"And yet you didn't tell us!?"

"Hey don't put this one all on Tae." Tiffany defends. "We both decided not to tell you guys first because Yuri asked us to. Believe me Sunny I was even more enraged than you when I knew this one."

"And does Yuri's family know about this thing already?"

"Yes and they approved." Taeyeon says. "Which lead us to tell Yuri to bring her along to our reunion."

"So what so she could destroy it?"

"No, I think she deserves a chance. I'm not saying we can hand it to her so easily, all I'm saying is we hear her side before we make our conclusions. It's been a long time ago and I think we need to let go of these old change we're holding on to."

"So you're actually giving her the chance to manipulate you?"

"I'm giving her the chance to explain when she didn't had the choice to explain 10 years ago. It's not about letting her manipulating me, she never manipulated any one here in this room. If you forgive her, that's up to you, decide it with your heart, not only with your mind."

"Actually I side with Sunny with this one. I think you're actually letting her manipulate you, considering the fact you're actually defending her now, and even convincing us to forgive her." Tiffany leaves Taeyeon's side but not forgetting to bump her on the shoulder intentionally.


BAM!


"She's being overdramatic again." She sighs. "Anyway, it's up to you guys, I'm gonna go after her now." And without waiting for a reply, she also leaves the room.

"I can't handle this ." Sunny stands up. "I think I need a long sleep." And she too leaves the room with Sooyoung following behind her.

"Well this reunion is starting off well." Yoona states and then takes a look at the only unnie left in the room. "Are you okay Hyo unnie?"

"Well, I'd like to think that I am..." She trails off. "With her showing up, Sunny's outburst and our different perspectives, I think it's just too much for me."

"I feel you..." Yoona agrees as well. "Both of the sides kinda makes sense and I'd hate to chose either one of them."

"We don't really have to choose, like Taeyeon unnie says the choice is up to us."

"Saying like Taeyeon unnie says low key means that you also side with her you know?"

Seohyun rolls her eyes. "Your argument is invalid. Just because I use Taeyeon unnie's statement earlier doesn't mean I side with her. I am simply using her as an example that at the end of the day, it's up to us if we let her inside our lives again."

"Stop, stop, stop..." Hyoyeon waves her hand. "I give up on this situation, I'm gonna hit the sack too." And with that, Hyo leaves the room."

Seohyun and Yoona looked at one another. "So..." Yoona trails off. "Let's sleep?"

"Jessica wake up..."

"Jessica c'mon it's time for the tour."

"Sica, babe c'mon."

Jessica rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?"

Yuri smiled. "It's time for the tour with the girls. C'mon we have to be there."

"Oh." Jessica did wake up. "I'll be up."

"And I have this request, can you please wake up Yoona, stupid stick won't listen to Seohyun she has already given up."

"Why do I have to do that? Can't you just do it?"

"No, because we all know that it's only you who can wake her up."

"But I don't know if-"

"Sica, you can do this okay?" Yuri kisses her in the forehead. "I'll see you on the main villa."


Even though she didn't want to, she didn't have much choice on doing Yuri's request. Yuri was right though, every single member back in the day were afraid once Sica will be the one who would wake them up because they know hell was coming. But that was before, way before went things went to overdrive and crashed and burned to pieces. It was before when she messed things up, decided to put herself first, and leave the people who has helped her to be the person who she is today...

Her thoughts were too many that she didn't event realize that she was already at the door of Yoona and Seohyun's room. She tried knocking on the door but no one answered. She tried one more time before trying her luck to see if the door wasn't locked. And to her best, it really wasn't... She opened it slowly and saw Yoona by the balcony talking to someone on the phone. Her facial expression tells her that Yoona was annoyed and confused at the same time. So she tried walking slowly to see if she could hear the on going conversation.


"But I thought I already said yes to the-"

"No I get it, I get it, but I really feel that I can boost my career if-"

"Yes, I understand. Well can you please give me a little for time? Just give me time to-" Yoona gasped when she saw Jessica standing there awkwardly. "Look, you'll hear from me tonight okay? I am on a vacation I need this." She hangs up on the phone.

"Sorry, Yuri told me to wake you up, I didn't know you were-"

"It's fine. I know you didn't want to barge in too."

Jessica nods. "Well, we need to get going, the rest is waiting for us at the main villa."

"Okay, I'll just grab stuffs and I'll head down. You can go ahead."

"Sure." And before Jessica could leave she turns around to Yoona who was still looking at her. "I'd go for the second endorsement."

"Excuse me?"

"Push for the second endorsement. Yes, it's a good thing for your career if you chose the first one but you have been with the second brand for the past years. Boosting career is fine, but finding someone who has loyalty to the brand is the best thing that a company could ever find. You help them beat the competitor's sale, you get to clean out your name. Being called "Endorsement Hopper" doesn't really match your personality."

"How did you..."

"I just left, doesn't mean I don't care."


The caretaker of the island gave them a quick tour of the island, what kind of activities that the girls could do such as trekking, water rafting, jetski-ing, banana boat, hot springs, cliff jumps and many more. He even gave them an example of itinerary activities they could do while they were on their stay. After the short tour, the caretaker arranged a bonfire dinner which the girls enjoyed.


"Before I leave you girls for tonight, let me tell you a story." He then sits in front of the girls and settled himself in an Indian position. "You guys know Maui right?"

"Yes." The girls answered in unison.

"He was a Hawaiian God who conquered a lot of island. His legacy could be seen from Hawaii, Europe and even in New Zealand. But did you know Maui disappeared for a while and settled himself here in Indonesia?" He looked at the girls reactions that waited for him to continue. "Well I can't blame you, not many do know this story of Maui but- he did settled himself here for a while, trying to find another island to conquer and just as he found the island- he also found the girl of his dreams."

"Aweeee." Sooyoung says.

"Shut it Soo, you're destroying the mood."

"No, Sunny you're destroying my mood."

"How about you two love birds quit it and let him re-make the mood?" An annoyed Hyoyeon speaks.

"As I was saying..." He trails off. "Her name was Adiratna,the wife of the chief on the island. He saw her dancing by the shore to a traditional dance called Pendet, an offering dance that we still use up to date. He was immediately swoon and the moment that they laid eyes on one another, they knew it was love." He smiles. "But of course, they had a problem, it was her husband and of course her people. Maui wanted Adiratna to come along with him and together they would conquer the entire earth but of course, she did agree to him. That night, when they were about to escape, the Chief followed his wife and discovered the affair. He was betrayed and anger at the same time so he challenged Maui to a duel. Long story short- the chief died."

"Omo..."


"It was only then Adiratna confirmed that the chief is still the one she truly loves... She has wept for him and decided to stay behind the island to rule for she no longer sees Maui in the same way. Angered by the sudden change of her decision, he slams his sword on to the soil and creating a massive earthquake the woke up the entire tribe. Soon seas come in between them and the huge island were slowly separated into small ones... Adiratna saw her people drowning and crying for help but she couldn't save them all. Maui instantly left, leaving her with nothing. Devastated, she cried and cried, until she could no longer do so..."

"And what happened next?" Seo asked curiously.

"She could no longer breathe as well..." Everyone gasped. "It was here right on this small island where she poured her heart out for her people, and for the person she loved the most..." He ends. "Legend says that the waterfalls in this island is the living proof of her endless tears and sadness... You see, the very unique thing about this island is tha this is the only island who has a waterfall... Everyone else is just plain old island."


After the talk, everyone had gone to sleep but for some reason, or maybe due to time difference, Jessica wasn't able to sleep. And so ever slowly, trying her best not to wake up her lover who's sleeping soundly she exits their room and onto the shore she went. She just didn't expect Yoona to be there as well... Jessica stopped in her tracks and tried her best to leave as quietly as possible but she hear Yoona say-

 

"It's fine, we can share the sea."

Jessica turned to face her. "No, it's fine. I was just having a hard time sleeping because maybe of the nap-"

"You can sit beside me really, it's alright." Yoona stops Jessica's rambling.

"Oh... Okay." She approaches her slowly and settled herself beside her. "Don't worry, I'll be quiet. You won't even notice that I am here."

Yoona smiled. "I doubt that... You're always noisy remember? No one would be able to sleep sometimes because you're too energetic but when it's your turn to sleep, you'd literally kill someone if they plan on disturbing you."

Jessica couldn't help but smile at the memory. "I used to do that. But I'm not that kind of person now..."

"And so are we." She answers. "But people change so I guess it's fine."

She just nods at the latter's statement. "I guess."

"You were right, choosing the second endorsement did help me clean my name and got me better incentives."

"That's nice to hear."

"I'm sorry, it's just hard for me to see you again." Yoona says after a moment of silence. "It's hard for all of us."

"And I can't blame you, in fact, I even blame myself." Jess says. "I blame myself for everything that has happened. I was blind, I was only thinking of myself."

"Like Adiratna..."

"Huh?"

"The girl in the mister's story... The one who thought Maui was the one she loves, but when her husband died, she realized everything- but she was too late."

"I hope I don't end up like her though..." "I really hope that I am not late."

Yoona looked at her. "I really hope too unnie."

It was like a sudden hit of flashback right at Jessica. "Did you just call me-"

Yoona had tears in her eyes. "I wish that you didn't have to be blind, I wish you didn't leave us be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter