Part 2

I don't think so too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



"Yuri-ah..." Jessica closes the door and approaches her. "I'm sorry it took me so long... Traffic in New York is seriously not a joke." She chuckles.


Yuri smiled at her girlfriend approaching her. "You don't have to worry, I am okay with waiting. It's all good." She taps the free space beside her to which the brunette slumped on. "So how was the shooting with your new show with your little sister?"


"It's definitely a great time to bond with her. I had fun during the shoot and I bet she did too... I really thank this show for without this, I think my sister and I wouldn't be this much closer."


"But where is your sister now? She might hate me if you left her all alone."


"That's the answer." She faces the latter. "She isn't alone."


"She isn't?"


She shook her head. "She's in the hotel with her lover."


"Oh." Both of them chuckled.


"Thank you for coming here just to see me for a few hours even though you have a press conference the next day. And it's not here in New York- it's in Seoul. The fact that you had to travel miles just to be with me- makes me really happy Yuri-ah."


Yuri fixes the hair of her girl. "Aigoo, of course I have to see you baby. We didn't see each other because we're so busy with our personal schedules and plus it's been two weeks since I personally saw you! We always settle through kakaotalk or skype." She says. "I know it may sound overrated or bit too much but I really really really do miss you."


Jessica's heart fluttered at the choice of Yuri with her words. "Me too seobang. I'm so used to have you sitting and being here always by my side." She snuggles closer to the tanned-girl. "But don't worry, when I'm done with this recording- I can finally come back to Seoul and then we can have a date."


"Midnight date?"


"Driver through cinema?"


"With masks and hoodies?"


She lets out a giggle. "It's a date then."


Yuri kisses the crown of her princess's head. "I love you Sica."


"I love you too Yuri-ah..."

 

"Sica, why aren't you answering your phone? I have been calling a hundred times!"


"Sorry I was busy with the launching and-"


"Launching?" The caller says is disbelief. "Your launch is more important than being here to be with the others? To be with your sisters?!"


"I'm sorry okay? What more can I do? Still choose you girls over my career? Yuri you must understand I am just starting on this business! The damage has been done- the get together is now over and it's not like I can turn back the time and change my mind right?" Jessica was getting pissed as well.


"Well you can't do that but you can ing accept my video call so that you'd say sorry."


"I can't okay!? I'm busy here!"


"Oh so this is how it's going to be huh?" Yuri was fuming. And she was even pissed off when it seemed like Jessica left her phone there. "FINE SO BE IT! HAVE FUN ON YOUR ING LAUNCHING!"


"On New Year's Eve... I greeted you a Happy New Year and I said I love you. But what did you reply? You called me Yuri... And you didn't say I love you to me... You never called me Yuri. You call me-"


"Seobang. I'm sorry... Forgive me.. It's just that I was busy and I did all those things in New York, I need to learn fashion and-"


"That's why I am letting you go... So that you won't have to worry about me anymore. So that I won't hold you back anymore."


"No please no... Please don't let me go... I don't want you to let me go... You're not holding me back... I promise. Just please, please... Don't."


"We need to let go Jess."


"STOP! DON'T CALL ME THAT! CALL ME SICA! I AM YOUR SICA BABY!!! CALL ME THAT! PLEASE!"


"Jess-"


"Seobang... Seobang please don't do this. What happened to our plans?! We still need to prove to Young Min that he's wrong right? We need to prove to him that we're better than this. That we're stronger than this!!! It's just a little setback to our relationship. We promised! We promised seobang! 3 years!!!"


"Whatever happens- I still believe you were the greatest thing that has ever happened to me."


"No please... I can't... Without you."


"You were my happy ever after Jess... But now, you're just my once upon a time... It's time to turn the page."
 
 
"Can't we stay together seobang? Give me another chance... I promise I won't mess up... Please?"
 

"I don't think so..."
 

 

"But mom I wanna go-"


"Ssssh... Be quiet- your wonder woman is sleeping. We can't wake her up yet arrasso?"

 

The sound of the continuous whining woke me up from my dream which I was really grateful for, I hate dreaming something like that ever again. I slowly opened my eyes and had come to realize that I was lying on the couch inside my office. I moved my hand to my forehead and felt that there was something wet and when I grabbed I saw that it was a damped face towel pressed against mine. I knew I had to let them that I am awake now by standing up but I couldn't force my body.

 

"Come on Yuri-ah do it... You can do it." I tried again. "UGHHHH..."


"Superman!" Her daughter runs towards me. "Are you okay now?"


"A little bit." I tried to give her a faint smile. "But I'm getting there."


"Mommy said not to wake you up. And I said I wasn't planning to." She says. "I just wanna tell her I wanna sit here and stay by your side until you wake up." She further explains. "I was even planning to hold your hand to give you my strength."


"Aigoo... Aren't you a sweet little girl aigoo..." I patted her head. 


"Yuri!!!" We both turn our heads and looked at Jessica who got a basin and a face towel on the other hand. "Yuri- what did I tell you-"


"She didn't woke me up." I said. "She even helped me to sit up."


"See mommy? Yuri's a good girl."


"Hahahaha. Why don't you order anything you like outside huh? Anything you like is free just look for uncle John and tell him that I got it."


"Yay!!!" She jumped around. "Thank you superman you're the best!" She kissed me on the cheek before skipping her way out of my office.

 

I turn to look at Jessica who was making her way to me. She grabs a chair and sits down as she places the basin and the towel on a coffee table nearby. She grabs a bowl on both of her hands and I was just here waiting for her to talk first. I am too embarassed because of what happened. I hung my head low, still thinking if it's better if I could speak first. When I lifted my head up, my lower lip was pressed against the tip of the spoon. I looked at her and her hand stretched but she immediately averted her look somewhere else.

 

"You need to eat first before you can drink the medicine."


I tried to grab the spoon from her but she quickly pulled away. "I can do it."


"Just-" She sighed. "Just let me do it."

 

Sensing that I am not gonna win this battle with her, I just opened my mouth and slowly she slips the soup inside my mouth. And slowly- the soup travelled down my throat and gave heat to my stomach. But then- I suddenly realized... I've tasted this food before.

 

"Ahuh ahuh ahuh ahuh ahuh...."


"See that's what you get." Jessica sits besides Yuri who was weakly lying down the bed. "Eat this."


"Then give me the spoon."


"No." She quickly retracts. "You're so stubborn can't you just appreciate the fact that I am taking care of you?"


Yuri sighed in defeat. "It wasn't my fault."


"Of course it wasn't." She sarcastically says.


"C'mon." Yuri says and stops eating. "We had a pool party for Tiffany for her successful MC she had. And I was waiting by the pool thinking you'd come to that event but I guess I fell asleep and fell into the water."


"I already told you, I can't come to her party because I was busy."


When Jessica tried to feed her again she avoids it one more time. "You're always busy. What happened to your saying 'I'm just a call away'?"


"Yuri, are we really fighting now?"


"Yes. Maybe we are." She said and then crossed her arms. "I just can't understand Sica. You and Tiffany practically have been the closest ever since pre-debut but-"


"But things change, people change, everything changes. That's what happened to me and Tiffany."


Yuri was silent for a while and then said- "Then I changed my mind too."

 

Jessica was confused to what Yuri said but it all made sense to her when she sees Yuri weakly walking towards the door and opening it. They both looked at one another and without words- Jessica scoffs in disbelief as she places the bowl down, grabs her coat and before leaving she turns to her lover.

 

"I can't believe I flew 3 countries just to be rejected by this."


"You know what's more unbelievable? Hearing your girlfriend tell you that nothing is constant."

 

"Yuri, is everything alright?"

 

She looked at me with very worried eyes and I wanted to tell her that no Jessica, I am not okay. I wanted to tell her that I remembered the 1st time I've tasted this soup and how she told me that everything changes. I wanted to tell her that she was right. Everything do change over time. And what we are right now is just a living proof of her statement back then. I wanted to tell her that I should've believed her when she said that to me. I should've ended things with her right there. But just like what she said- that's all in the past now. The damage has been done and it's not like we can go back and change things. What happened between us was clearly out of our hands... We were just not meant to stay together for a long time.

 

"Yeah, I'm okay." I told her.


"Your employee told me that you were already weak when you came to the shop." She starts the conversation. "He told me that you were so sleepy."


"I-uh... I was busy. I was thinking a lot of things last night which is why I haven't got any sleep."


"Don't worry, I did got any sleep as well." That caught me by surprise. "Well I did get some sleep but it was the travel on the way here. Ever since we were in the hotel I practically sat on the couch. I don't even know if you call that sleep." She smiles.

 


I was thinking the right way to say to her. But because of what she said, I couldn't get a thing out of my brain. How would I respond to what she just said? It also made me think about the reason why was she sleepless last night. Was she thinking of her business, her husband, her child, the next innovation she would do or maybe- just maybe... She was thinking about the same thing as me.

 

"Well- I guess you're wondering why am I here." She places the empty bowl on the table. "My daughter really likes you." She starts. "And so she asked me and wondered if she could see you again tomorrow. That's why we came by."


I nodded my head. "I'm sorry the both of you had to see me that way."


"It's alright." She hands me the medicine. "Like 100% okay now?"


"I'm all good." I swallowed the medicine. 


"After the way I acted last night, I bet you figured that maybe you won't ever see me again."


"Yeah, something like that."


"But you see... After much deliberation, I finally accepted that maybe we met-"


"I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to hang-out with your daughter today."

 

I ended our relationship 5 years ago. I ended because I know that we would've never worked out in the first place. If I accept her invitation now, it would also mean that I would let her inside my life again. If I let her inside now- she would leave me again and I don't know if I can still stand up again after falling the second time around. When I left her- it also meant I was done dealing with the pain. I don't need pain- any hint of pain in my life right now.

 

"Oh." She finally answered after much silenced. "Oh yeah, of course. I-I understand. You're busy."


"Yeah, a bit busy throughout the week." I looked away.


"Okay, I'll- I'll just tell her that you're aren't available." She slowly stands up before heading out. "Thank you for saving my daughter. Thank you Yuri."


I swallowed the invincible lump on my throat. "You're welcome Jessica."

 

All I heard was the closing of the door at it was followed by silence. I closed my eyes and once again settled down. I thought not welcoming her back is already right for me to do and that it was the right thing to do. I thought that it would bring me peace... But even after 2 minutes it didn't bring me the peace I was hoping for. My chest felt like it had the whole weight of the world onto my heart. I find it hard to close my eyes, and it was so annoying. It was pissing me off... Suddenly- I remembered what Amber told me last night.

 


"What if things are still the same? I know it's really scary for you that it might be the other way around but life is all about taking chances so take the chance and take the risk. Do it even if it scares the out of you because you're only gonna be in this world once. You need to make the most out of it. Whether the end may be good or bad- atleast you found closure to your what if's."


 

Amber's right. If I don't risk now, when will I do then? If I do- then it will probably be all too late and I'll only just live with what if's for the rest of my life and it will haunt me. I'd always wonder what would happen if I only said yes to her today. I'll always wonder why and I don't want that to happen. I've only got one life to live so I better make the most out of it. And yes, letting her in might be painful once she leaves me again but I will be stronger. I can get back up on my own feet. The chance is here so all I gotta do is to grab it.

Standing up, I let out a small groan as I felt my head ache but I decided to shrug it off and opened the door. I saw no Jessica, no little Yuri outside or anywhere of my shop. No, I can't be too late right?

 

"John!" I called my staff. "Where is she?"


John blinked fast. "W-w-who's she?"


"A woman, brunette, about 5"2. She's carrying a small girl."


"Oh the cute kid?"


I widened my eyes. "YES! THAT KID!"


"I think they went to the South boss. Poor kid." He shakes his head. "She threw a tantrum and she kept crying."

 

Dashing my way outside, I followed John's direction and headed South. As I got across the street where a lot of people were walking I turned my head left or right just to see her if I missed them or something but there was no hint of chance. And just about when I was about to lose hope, I suddenly heard some whining. I followed the sound until I finally saw a little kid who kept kicking her feet as if she was trying to get out of her mother's hold. And without any worry- I decided to run after them.


But it seems like I can't catch up so I only shouted her name. "SICA!"


Thre figure right infront of me stopped and along with the child who was already looking at me. Finally the little one escaped from her hold and ran towards my direction. I slowly lowered myself in order to catch her in my arms and hugged her tight.

 

"I know mommy was just lying." The child continues to cry in my hold. "Mommy was not telling me the truth."


"Why? What did your mom tell you?"


"That you were busy." She answers. "And you will be busy until our vacation ends."


"Actually..." I trailed off. "Your mother was actually telling you the truth."


"But why are you here?" She asked. 


"I..." I wasn't able to answer because she dragged me already towards Jessica's direction.


"Mommy! Superman changed her mind! She wants to hang out with me!" She grins and turns to me. "You do want to spend time with me yeah?"


I ruffled her hair. "Of course you are."


"I thought you were busy." Jessica manages to mumble.


Instead of adding the tension to the awkwardness. I playfully shrugged. "I looked up at my calendar until it turns out- I have a free spot. And I double checked my agendas, turns out I have a free time so I'm here." I said slightly shivering bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter