Part 11

I don't think so too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a building filled with thousands of fans and with the livestream finally in place. The audience were noisy as different conversation contributed to the noise that was soon filled with a unified cheers and screams as the lights began to dim and the only source of light was the huge screen that immediately started the countdown.


10
The number that indicates them

9
The number of girls that started this journey

8
The number of girls that were left

7
The longest year that the member had to train

6
The youngest age of a member that had to train

5
The number of music videos that made more than 200 Million views

4
Years since they have disbanded

3
Months of preparation

2
Hearts that beats as one

1
More concert

 

The light dims again and the crowd goes wild while waving their pink lighsticks as 8 shadows could be seen hidden in 8 curtain. Amber cues the music to start and the crowd goes wilder while waving their lightsticks energetically as Taeyeon was the first one to be revealed and start the song. 


They’re way too fragile aren’t they
These feelings that sway ever so lightly
I’m looking for the  answer that 
Disappears when dawn breaks


One by one the girls were revealed and all of them looked like fallen angels with their white dresses and with feathers as their backdrop for the song. As the song goes on, each members reached out to the fans, going to their assigned seats as everyone sing their hearts out to the fans who welcomed them whole-heartedly.


Hey.. I don’t want to lose you
Until the day comes when
The light shines through the gaps in the clouds
I won’t say goodbye

When various paths
Open up to me, at that time
I’ll surely remember
This wish
The journey we both walked together
We’ll make that our proof, forever


Suddenly at the bridge of the song, everything stopped right at the moment where this one line was supposed to be sung. This one line that every SONE, non-fan, Kpop enthusiast know during the part of this song. This one line that every fan could say that it summarize the entire song for them and this one particular line, could instantly bring them to tears.

All of the lights suddenly points back to the main stage where there was still one more curtain that's yet to fall. Out of the blank curtain, a shadow slowly approached and stands behind it, making every attendee scream and rise up to their feet. The entire Tokyo Dome begins to anticipate, all of them are breathing heavily including the staffs together with every international fan that's watching the concert live. With Amber's cue, the curtain falls down, revealing the person who was always meant to sing that one particular line.


"We are always one." Jessica smiles at the crowd.


As the song progresses the girls slowly make their way towards Jessica who was also slowly walking down the stairs. They girls' voices were almost inaudible due to the constant cheers and screams made by the crowd.


What will we say we’re capable of
Once we stand before the waves that give their loud roars?
We’ll meet this distress, with a gentle intimacy 
I believe
We can be divine
Our feelings are one


Forming one line, Jessica closes her eyes as she sings the last line. "We can be divine..."

 

The song ends with a mighty roar from the crowd. The girls altogether waved at their fans and welcomed them at the concert. As the second song starts, the girls walked towards their positions and sing one of the crowd's favorite song, Stay Girls.

 

Be ladies, but we
Stay girls
Hold on to our hearts
Because we haven’t lost
The feelings to dream,
Stay girls forever
Like the days we walked forth
We wanna stay girls
We wanna stay girls


After the song, the light goes dim again and a VTR plays on the big screen where it was the girls having a meeting with Amber about the upcoming concert. It was then followed by series of videos where the girls were practicing, planning and finalizing the details for their upcoming concert. After the VTR, the girls appeared in their cute sailing outfits where the 8 of them sang their song Sailing. The concept was the girls and Jessica was separated in two different boats but they are sailing to one another.

The song was slowly turning into another different one and it was time for Jessica to sing one of her own songs which was Golden Sky and she sang it whole-heartedly for the fans and for the girls. Finally when all of them reuinted, they sang the song Indestructable.

This Indestructible Unbreakable
bonds that can never be broken
Our soul is a twin soul
For example,
even if it looks like you’re about to fall from a cliff,
At least know that I won’t let go of your hand

Indestructible…
Because I will protect you until the end

 

"Min'na, konbanwa wataachiha on'nanoko no sedaidesu!" The crowd cheered for them.

"Wow that felt like forever!" Sooyoung comments making the rest laugh because they were feeling the same.

"We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for the support that you have shown today." Yoona says. "Thank you for coming tonight."

"And to the international fans, we send our gratitude to you all over the world who is watching this concert live. Gomawo SONE!" Tiffany said with matching finger hearts and her legendary eyesmile.

"While it's true that it has been a long time since we all set together on stage, it's also been a long time since we showed up to the public as a nine-member group."

"Maybe some of you are doubtful whether this is a reality so to erase that doubt in your hearts, why don't we hear her introduction as a part of the group, from the very first time, in a very long time?"

Jessica playfully shoves Taeyeon. "Hello everyone I'm SNSD's ice princess, Jessica Jung." She bows down and everyone starts to scream. "I have one question to ask, did you like SNSD's suprise for you?" Everyone cheered. "Waaa, that's a relief then! If it was the other way around, I'd be really upset!" She pouts.

"We'd be upset too, your talent fee is no joke." Everyone exploded at Hyoyeon's comment. "It's true! I had nothing but ramyeon for the entire month!" The laughter continues.

"You guys might think that she just came here as a guest but-" Seohyun waves her finger. "This 13th anniversary we publicly announce that our prodigal sister, Jessica Jung has come home to us." Everyone cheered again. "And what better way to celebrate her homecoming that with you guys?"

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"And as sister, we often show our love and care through supporting one another."

"So to every SONE out there, sit back and relax as we sing Jessica's hit title track song- Fly."

 

The audience applauded for them as Jessica starts to sing the song. She was then followed by Sunny, Seohyun, and then Yoona. At the chorus, SONES got to witness the dynamic duet of Taeyeon and Jessica and then second voiced by all the girls. Sooyoung started the second verse followed by Yuri and Hyo then Tiffany. The rap part was taken care of YulHyo duo and for the very long time, the crowd also got to witness the American bestfriend's duet of Jessica and Tiffany holding hands as they hop along the stage to finish the song.

Jessica then returns the favor as she sings along with one of SNSD's hit song, Party where the beach balls, the inflatable pools filled with balloons and fashionable lifebuoys were there. After the Party song, another VTR was played where every member was asked as to what they were expecting at the concert. While every member declared that they were very nervous and excited for the D-Day, Jessica was then asked a follow-up question.


"When you said to the public that you will no longer be active as a singer, your crowd was the Golden stars. Now back with the group also means you'll no longer be singing for the golden color but to the sea of pink. How does that make you feel?"

"I'd always be thankful for my Golden Stars because they were the ones that were there for me when I was performing alone and some fans even supported me while I was still a member of Girls' Generation... Performing again for the Pink sea doesn't make me feel like ah, this is weird and I'd rather perform for the Gold color again but I'll probably be like- Ahhhh." She says. "You know when D-Day comes and I'd get to see the familiar pink color again I wouldn't feel weird rather feel a sense of coming home." She smiles. "Gold will be my color but pink... Pink will always be my home."


The concert continued with the girls performing some of their popular Japanese songs and one of them was the iconic Catch Me If You Can where every SONE fantisized of watching the performance together as nine in their bad- outfits. The girls changed into a new outfit which was their concert outfit that was a denim jacket, denim jeans or shorts, their white concert shirt and their timberland boots where they performed all of their famous title tracks from Mr. Mr. down to Baby Baby. 

The lights slowly dimmed again and the VTR rolled again where it showed their interview when they were about to perform their debut track. One familiar video clip was Taeyeon screaming at the bridge shouting that she could do it. It showed the girls' struggle in every practice, including the fight between Hyoyeon and Jessica and when Jessica was close to passing out. As the music cues in, the crowd immediately stands up on their feet and started screaming their hearts out.

Years ago, it was one of the most painful songs that all of them had to sing and a fan had to witness. When they first sang this song without her, Sunny broke down on the first part of the song, Yuri tries to hide the sadness in her voice, Seohyun was close to crying her heart out, Tiffany was trying so hard for her not to crack her voice, Yoona was clenching her fists, Sooyoung was so close to losing her , Hyoyeon was tearing up, and Taeyeon was closing her eyes the entire time.

Years ago, it was just the 8 of them, the 8 of them planning, fitting, practicing and performing on a huge stage like this. Years ago, this song brought so many mixed emotions both to the girls and to the fans. But now years after, this song only brought one unified feeling to them, which was happiness. The set started with the 8 of them in the center stage, holding hands as the spotlight was pointing at them.

Then, another spotlight appeared and out of the gates appeared Jessica Jung. With teary eyes, she looked at the crowd and she looked at all of her members one by one who were giving her happy smiles. When she looked at Yuri, she gives out to Jessica her most encouraging smile that gave Jessica the enough amount of strength that she needs. With one last exhale, she brings the microphone closer to and-


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae..."

 

With every word says was like a tear to every fan and to the girls. With every word that she sings, she takes a step closer to them. The first lines of saranghae's were okay, it was still firm but as she got closer to the girls and saw their happy crying faces, she too was slowly breaking down as her voice starts to crack. But unlike before, the tears flowing from her eyes meant relief, satisfaction, happiness and love. And while the fans too were being teary-eyed watching this moment, it made them tear up more when they saw the debut stage of the girls.

Jessica reached the circle and the girls made space for her. There was a moment of silence for them as the instrumental went on. Finally the long wait was over for them, finally they are reunited together and they could achieve their long-lost dream.


"Yah Sunny wipe your nose."

"Hyo wipe your tears."

"No tears here sister." All of them chuckled.

"Finally, one dream made come true." Sooyoung smiles.

"It took us a while unnies."

"But it was worth the wait." The maknaes smile at them.

"Through ups and downs-" Taeyeon says. "We finally pushed through."

"Looking back, I now realize that everything's worth it." Tiffany looked at her sisters. "It all made us stronger together."

"There's still a long journey ahead, but I'm glad I have you to rely on." Hyoyeon smiles.

"Thank you Sica for coming back." Sunny says. "Thank you for completing SNSD."

"How is it Sica? Performing here now with us?" Yuri asks.

Jessica looked at her members with tears in her eyes. "Feels like coming home."

All of them shed a tear. "Then welcome home Sica baby, we've missed you." Yuri smiles at her.

"It's good to be home."

"Now shall we rock this performance?" Taeyeon grins.

"Let's go."

 

They finally started the song with their traditional acapella that wowed the crowd. After performing the short acapella, they performed the song they way it was and it put every fan up to their feet. After performing their debut track, all of them have this wide grins plastered on their faces. Just as fans thought that this concert was done for the books, the girls slowly formed one line.


"We have one more song for you guys." That made the crowd get hyped up.

"Right after Jessica left, we released this song and all of you assumed that this song was our farewell song for her."

"And while your assumption is true, now that Jessica is here with us, that song will now have a different meaning."

"Our farewell song to the awful past, to every bad thing that has happened to us individually and as a group."

"Our farewell song to each and everyone of you. Thank you for the 13 years of endless support."

"13 years of undying love for the group, and for my members."

"13 years of bonding through fanmeets, cd signing and concerts."

"13 years of laughter through every success that the group has."

"13 years of being each others' shoulder to cry on during sad and painful times."

"13 years of being together as one big happy family."

"13 years of unbreakable frienship."

"13 years of happy memories."

"And 13 years of believing in us." Taeyeon smiles at their fans. "Together as sisters, as Girls' Generation, we would promise you that we will help one another in achieving our dreams. Gomawo SONES, you are the reason why we are now standing in front of you, to be the people that we're able to be."

"SNSD is not SNSD without SONES so together, let us not look back at the past. Together, let's look forward to the future."

 

Never gonna look back girls
Never gonna look back girls
Without being shaken, we’ll keep walking toward our dreams
Never gonna look back
Girls Never gonna look back, girls
A bright light is in our hearts
The story will be written, yes it is

 

When Jessica opened her eyes during the song, she could see the pink sea once again waving in a unified direction. She looks around and sees her members having fun while interacting with the fans and getting all emotional. All the time the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter