001

simple yet effective

 It was dark. Night enveloped the two beds sitting side by side in the small room. A whirring filled the quiet void from the fan on the night stand. Moonlight fought it's way through the thick shades that hung from the tall narrow window across from Baekhyun's bed. 

 

Baekhyun laied underneath his thick comforter turning back and forth finding no satisfaction in this stuffy room. His thoughts were suffocating him, drowning him in anxiety he couldn't escape from. How was he supposed to sleep when he could barely breath? Questions crashed around his throbbing head giving fuel to a headache that was beginning to surface. His stomach knotted itself into a pit of nervousness causing Baekhyun to curl into a small ball clutching his abdomen. He shut his eyes tight trying to will away this negative feeling that manifested itself in his heart. But after what felt like hours of fighting his feelings, he finally burst.

 

 

 Completely filled with anxiety Baekhyun made his way cautiously to the second bed in the room. He stood at the side of his friends bed waiting for any reaction that questioned his movements. 

 

"C-chanyeol?........chanyeol are you awake?"

 

His voice was timid and hushed. He hoped the whisper would carry itself to the latter's giant ears and that he was awake to receive it. 

 

"Yea...unfortunately I can't fall asleep."

 

The low voice threatened Baekhyun's ears, causing him to still and think about returning to his own bed. A delicate shaking hands made its way to his mouth where he began to play with his lips out of nervous habit.

 

 

"I'm guessing you can't either? .........you can lay here if you want."

 

 

He heard a pat against the blanket near him, beckoning him to lay by the lump of sheets on the other side of the mattress. Baekhyun as silent as possible crawled on top of the foreign bed making sure to keep the distance between himself and the warm body next to him. He laied on his back, heavy thumping escaping from his chest pounding on his hands as his heart beat continued to escalate.

 

"Why are you so quiet? Normally you'd be snoring by now."

 

Baekhyun scoffed a smile cracking his former tired expression. However he was still nervous.

 

 

 

"I just can't sleep."

 

His voice wavered with each passing word. He hoped Chanyeol wouldn't notice and just roll over and fall asleep, but another piece of him wanted Chanyeol to notice just so he could get rid of this feeling that was continuing to build in his stomach.

 

 

 

"Why?"

 

Chanyeol sounded curious but Baekhyun knew how tired the younger actually was, so the curiosity was probably just Chanyeols subconscious mind talking. This thought made it easier for some reason for Baekhyun to talk.

 

 

 

"I need to ask you something Chanyeol and I want you to be honest with me."

 

 

The words flowed out of him like they had been waiting there all his life. He heard movement as Chanyeol adjusted himself so he could mirror Baekhyun's laying position.

 

 

 

"Ok shoot"

 

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath trying to calm his frantic heart and his manic breathing. He closed his eyes as the question rung itself through the air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you like me Chanyeol?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared at the small specks of white that covered the cieling as the awkward silence began to fill the room. Baekhyun had never been so nervous in his life. All his emotions were poured into this question, his feelings on full display in front of his best friend. Wether the other would understand it was the part that ate away at Baekhyun's insides. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A scoff echoed in the silence from Chanyeol's side of the bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Well of course I do Baekhyun your my best friend."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A simple statement. A simple statment that Baekhyun knew the true meaning to. The true heart breaking reason behind those fowl words. 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun's heart sank. It sank and drowned in the same water he had drowned in moments ago. He could feel his feelings being torn to shreds by the words that he could not bare to hear. However he knew it would come to this. Deep down in the crevices  of his now fragmented heart, he knew there was no happiness to be found in that question. There was no happiness to be returned to him no matter how much he wished and begged and hoped. Stinging tears threatened to fall from Baekhyun's dull eyes. But Baekhyun wasn't going to allow such an immature action over something that didn't mean anything to anyone but him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Of course Chanyeol......y-yea your right....... thanks."

 

 

 

 

 

 

He quietly sniffed away his unwanted tears and tried his hardest not to just break down in front of the man. Laying next to him was the hardest part. He could smell Chanyeols scent that he fell in love with through the years. The scent he woke up to each morning as it enveloped him into a warm hug that made his day good no matter how bad his night was. The scent that welcomed him home every day when he opened the front door. The scent that brought him simple joy whenever he walked into the bathroom and it still lingered from the shower an hour before. And best of all the scent that was always there for him when he was sick, unhappy, or just needed it to be there. But now the scent changed. It was duller now. Now only pain was brought to Baekhyun when it filled his nose.

 

He could feel the body heat from the other side, reminding him that Chanyeol is still living. He is still living and he has no idea that Baekhyun is dying. He has no idea that those simple words crashed through Baekhyun's heart leaving a hole that will never be filled. 

 

A single stray tear found its way down Baekhyun's cheek leaving a trail of shinning moonlight behind it. Baekhyun quietly sniffled ounce more hating himself for the waist of water that was leaving his body over the waste of feelings. 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun?......"

 

Baekhyun didn't answer. He couldn't answer. His thoughts were so messed up and his tongue was so dry he couldn't even form words. The only thing he could do was try and hold back the tears.

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun are you alright?"

 

 

 

His name leaving Chanyeols mouth broke him even more. Hearing him speak such a disgraceful name disgusted Baekhyun. How could someone so wonderful ever speak of a worthless name like mine? Baekhyun swallowed the salty tears that constricted his throat.

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you crying Baekhyun?"

 

 

No.no.no. He cannot see me like this. God why do I have to be so disgusting? No wonder he could never love me. I'm just a disgusting person who entered his life and will one day leave it, but never change it. All I ever did was live for him. Now that I can't do that I can't live anymore. I have no purpose. If I can't live for anything anymore all I will do is exist. No one will ever live for me. I was born to live for him. And now I know that he was never ment to return that to me. I was never ment to be loved.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun!?"

 

 

 

A deep voice broke Baekhyun out of his thoughts. He quickly got up out of the bed wiping away another stray tear.

 

 

"Baek- wait where are you going?"

 

 

 

Baekhyun continued to ignore him as he slipped to the edge of the bed. He didn't even care anymore that the tears were slipping past his cold cheeks.

 

 

"Hey Baek what's wrong why aren't you answering me!?"

 

 

Baekhyun got up and walked around the bed heading towards the solitude of his side of the room when a large hand gripped his arm and pulled him onto something warm. 

 

He could feel someone's gaze on him and when he opened his eyes he found out why. Chanyeols large brown eyes were staring straight into his. He looked worried and it made Baekhyun's heart beat faster. Chanyeol had pulled him on his lap so he was now straddling the younger who was sitting up staring at the broken boy before him. 

 

Baekhyun felt a warm hand pushing his bangs out of his eyes. A salty traitor slid it's way down Baekhyun's face revealing the disgusting act to the man in front of him. He quickly shut his eyes hoping he didn't see.

 

 

 

 

"Oh my God Baekhyun!-what's wrong?"

 

Chanyeol gripped the smallers face wiping the tear that exposed itself to him. Baekhyun's face blossomed into a cherry tint under the youngers gaze. He felt the strong masculine hands against his soft smooth face. He opened his eyes, which was a very bad idea after seeing the latter with a very worried expression carved into his face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"B-baekhyun..are you alright? ....What's wrong?....-.Baekhyun please talk to me!"

 

 

 

Then it happened. Baekhyun's walls came down and he collapsed into Chanyeols chest gripping at his shirt letting his tears spew out into a crying mess. Chanyeol immediately wrapped his long arms around the smaller and pulled him close, tightening his grip with each breath Baekhyun took.

 

 

Baekhyun hated himself for falling apart. Especially in front of Chanyeol. But who else would he do it for. He had no one. The only person he had was Chanyeol. And now that he was gone Baekhyun didn't care anymore. He wanted to cry till his tears chocked him to death. He wanted to just die right here, in Chanyeols arms. That's all he wants. 

 

 

"Baekhyun...please you have to tell me what's wrong...I- I can't help you if you don't tell me"

 

 

 

Chanyeols voice cracked as he began to panic. Baekhyun held him tighter wrapping his arms around the taller's neck and burying his face into it, soaking Chanyeols skin with his tears. Chanyeol felt the smaller gripping him and heard Baekhyun's short gasps for air that tickled his neck. He pulled one of his arms up and held Baekhyun's head petting his hair to try and calm him.

 

Baekhyun felt silly. Sitting on Chanyeols lap, wrapping his arms and legs around him while burying his head into his neck. He looked like a toddler that had just lost something and went to cry about it to there parents. But he did loose something. He just lost something so important to him that nothing could replace it.

 

 

 

Chanyeol felt Baekhyun's sobbing grow stronger so he held his other arm around him tighter. He began to rock them back and forth hoping this movement would help calm Baekhyun down because he had no idea what to do.

 

 

 

"Baekhyun...please..just tell me what's wrong"

 

Chanyeol pleaded as he continued to rock them. He could feel Baekhyun's grip tighten but his sobs became quieter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baek-"

 

 

"I love you Chanyeol"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything went still. Baekhyun continued to sniffle and let tears cascade along his stained cheeks. But Chanyeol was completely still.

 

Baekhyun began to worry and started to bawl again. He hoped with all that was left of his heart that Chanyeol wouldn't throw him off and walk out of the room without a single word because of Baekhyun's confesssion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"W-what?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol sounded so confused, and it broke Baekhyun's heart for the nth time that night. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I- I love you Chanyeol"

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun leaned back on Chanyeols legs, dragging his hands to Chanyeols chest. His face was covered in stains and glowed apple red under the moonlight. His eyes were puffy and his lips were swollen from biting them to stifle the sobs. He looked like a mess. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But to Chanyeol

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was beautiful

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol leaned in and connected their lips in a soft quick kiss. He pulled back and was met with a wide eyed Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun sat there stunned. He brushed his long slender fingers against his lips as he tried to figure out what just happened. 

 

 

"W-what wa-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was cut off by another kiss. This one deeper than before but still short, leaving Baekhyun wanting more. He liked the way Chanyeols soft lips fit perfectly against his own and how the taste of Chanyeol lingered on his lips as he pulled away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you too Baekhyun"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn't know what to say. He was completely speechless and shocked. He looked into Chanyeols shimmering eyes and saw the sincerity behind them. Is this really happening? No this can't be I must have passed out from the broken heart. There's no way that just happened. Baekhyun began to come up with a million excuses as to what just occurred. He began contemplating wether he was in a dream or not. He tried to remember falling asleep but he couldnt, all he remembers was walking over to Cahnyeols bed. He was interrupted by a deep wavering voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun!...Hey Baekhyun breathe..ok just breathe."

 

 

 

 

 

Ounces he understood what the words ment he finally took a breath not realizing he had been holding it since Chanyeol last spoke. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked so worried. His eyes were wide and he looked on the verge of tears. Baekhyun cupped Chanyeols face still delirious from all the events that just took place, still trying to figure out what happened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"B-but you just said th-"

 

"I know what I said Baekhyun, but I only s-said that because I was worried that if I spoke my true f-feelings you wouldn't accept them and our friendship would be ruined."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeols voice was so unstable Baekhyun began to worry Chanyeol was a about to break down. He cupped both his cheeks and looked into his big Brown eyes that he loved so much and smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I hate you"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked back surprised at the smaller statement even though Baekhyun was smiling, he could see the tears b in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I hate you so much. Do you know what I just went through Chanyeol? I love you so much you know that? I swear I thought I was going to have to live with out you. I thought you were one day going to move on and never talk to me again and I would be alone for the rest of my life Chanyeol! I have loved you for so long why have you not noticed Chanyeol why?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was crying again but it was more tears of joy this time. Chanyeol held Baekhyun's hands against his face and them to calm the other down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun. I'm so sorry I love you so much too I just wish you would have told me sooner. It breaks my heart that you could possibly think I would ever leave you or-or that I could never love you! Baekhyun that's impossible! There is no way in hell I could ever stop loving you. I have been with you since the beginning and nothings going to tear me away now I promise. I love you so much Baekhyun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol tightened Baekhyun into an embrace and they both cried in each other's shoulders till they were all out of tears. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun has never been so happy in his life. He never thought he would hear those words come out of his best friends mouth. Chanyeol loved him. He LOVED him! Baekhyun couldn't believe this was happening. All he wanted in life was just given to him. Now he could finally love freely and tell Chanyeol he loved him as much as he wants. And that's exactly what he will do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol couldn't be happier. Baekhyun loved him. He LOVED him! All he wanted was Baekhyun's love and hearing him confess to him was the best thing that has ever happened to him. He wants to give Baekhyun the world. His world. And that's exactly what he will do. He will care and love Baekhyun for as long as he loves him back, and even if one day Baekhyun stops loving him, he will continue to love Baekhyun because Baekhyun is the one. He is the one. And Chanyeol knows he could never change that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun slpet together that night limbs tangled together under Chanyeols blanket. They wore smiles and tear stains to sleep. Body heat radiated between them and they had never been more comfortable in their lives. Baekhyun fell asleep to Chanyeols lulling heart beat that eventually matched itself to his own. And Chanyeol fell asleep to Baekhyun's slow breathing and sweet scent that he loved...so much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

~

 

Than you for reading!!!! Sorry if it was not good I just thought of one scene and made up the rest ~ ugh bad authornim  

 

 

And I will be updating other mother story soon ;)