Chapter 2

Love Me Like You Do

Class was almost over and Ren couldn’t wait until the teacher dismissed them. It was almost noon and this class started at 10am, he was ready to bail the second it’s over! Some of his classmates noticed him staring at the clock while tapping his fingers on the table, like he was counting down the seconds and they wondered why he was so eager to get out of class? Maybe because he was hungry… that had to be it since they were pretty hungry, too.

 

Most of the girls in class were a bit impatient, as well. They wanted to talk to Ren after this, being the cliché bunch of girls who liked talking to the attractive guys in class. But it wasn’t going to be easy since Ren already had other plans after class. There was only one thing he wanted to do and it was to find Min Ji before his next class.

 

He told her he’d come find her today, it was going to be like a little game of HIDE and SEEK. This was going to be interesting given he didn’t know her schedule nor what classes she was taking today, but he was determined that he was going to find her before he goes home today. He wasn’t going to let that interesting girl slip away just like that even though he’d see her again tomorrow in Math class… but still!

 

“C’mon…” he muttered under his breath as he saw the clock strike 12pm.

 

“Okay, class is over, you’re free to go.” Their instructor said and the whole room erupted with sounds of everyone getting up from their seats, but the sound of Ren jumping up and running out of the room startled everyone. “Where is he going?!” Some of the girls complained as they tried to gather their things quickly and followed him.

 

Ren was oblivious to the small group of girls following him as he was searching for Min Ji on campus. Talk about being FOCUSED! He remembered her saying she was a Graphic Design major and headed to the computer labs upstairs. Before he could get far, he felt someone grab his hand from behind and tug him back to stop him.

 

“Ren!” He heard a girl call his name. Turning around, he saw 4 girls from his class just now standing there with smiles on their faces. They looked excited to see him but as for him.

 

“Excuse me?” He asked, pulling his hand back from the girl. “Can I help you?”

 

“You left class so quickly!” One of them pouted. “We wanted to talk to you when class was over.”

 

“Do you want to come eat lunch with us?”

 

Ren did all he could not to sigh in front of them or roll his eyes. This was such a cliché moment. “Ah, no thank you, I’m kind of busy right now.” He tried to say politely.

 

“Awww, are you sure?” They whined and his eye almost twitched. I don’t have time for this!

 

Just then he saw a familiar face pass by and he froze. Those big beautiful brown eyes were staring at him in awe again just like yesterday. Min Ji! Before he could react, he saw her turn and leave quickly down the hallway. Without thinking, he ignored the other girls and ran after her. Now the other girls were offended that he’d ditch them for a nerdy girl like her.

 

… ❤ …

 

“Found you.” Ren chuckled when he poked his head around the corner she was hiding at. She jumped from being startled and covered before she could shriek. “You sure are good at this game.” He said while walking over to stand beside her in the hallway, folding his arms across his chest before leaning on the wall. He lost sight of her for a good 10 minutes until he finally found her. Lunch was almost over now.

 

“My next class is at 1pm.” She mumbled behind her hand and he only leaned down closer to hear better. “I should go.”

 

“Already?! But I just found you!” He pouted. His reaction made her giggle a bit and he went back to smiling. “How long is your next class?”

 

“2 hours.” She replied while checking the time.

 

“So we’ll get off at the same time, then. Great! Let’s go eat after we’re done?” He suggested with a bright smile but she shook her head. “Why not?”

 

“Uh… I’m sorry.” She apologized. “I’m just… not used to this kind of situation.”

 

“You mean insanely attractive guys like me don’t talk to you on a daily basis? What the hell… but you’re like a Princess! I was sure everyone would be flocking to you by now!” He said dramatically, earning more soft and cute giggles from her. At least she wasn’t taking him too seriously and of course he wasn’t being that serious… maybe.

 

“No, I’m afraid not.” She replied while gripping the straps of her backpack. “No one likes talking to me. They say I’m too boring, quiet and awkward… and embarrassed to be seen with because of my sense of fashion.”

 

“I don’t understand what they’re talking about?” He frowned, tilting his head. “You’re not boring at all, being quiet can be a good thing at times and your awkwardness is adorable! If anything, you’d be embarrassed to be around me!” He laughed, because sometimes he could get a little carried away just like now with his Princess talk.

 

“Which is why we shouldn’t-” she was saying until he cut her off by placing one of his index fingers to his lips.

 

“Shhh, don’t worry, Princess, this loyal subject is going to treat you to lunch after class. It’s my fault you didn’t get to eat before your next class! Let me make it up, please?” He gave such a cute smile, how could she say no?!

 

“... o-okay.” She barely nodded, too stunned by the close encounter. He was really good at making her nervous!

 

“Now, let me you to your next class, dear Princess!”

 

“Don’t call me Princess…” she squeaked out while turning to lead the way.

 

“As you wish, Princess!”

 

… ❤ …

 

Min Ji stared at the clock while she tapped her fingers on the table. Since it was the first week of classes, there were no lectures yet, only the instructors going over what they’d be learning over the semester and the syllabus. Right now her instructor was checking roll call for their next class to see who he’d have to inform on the next class.

 

She waited and waited for the clock to strike 3pm and was starting to grow impatient. And then she stopped. Why do I want to leave so badly? She thought, feeling slightly confused. ‘Let’s eat after class.’ Ren’s voice echoed in her mind. Oh. That’s why. I am hungry, though… it’s not like I’m waiting to see him… I’m waiting so I can leave and eat, right? Why was she questioning herself in her mind? I’ve gone nuts and it’s only day 2!

 

“Okay, class is over, you may be dismissed!” Finally her teacher said at the front of the classroom.

 

Finally! Min Ji had already packed her stuff and was already at the door leaving the classroom. ‘Let’s meet up at the front entrance.’ Her target was located and locked as she made her way to their meeting spot. It didn’t take her long to get there but she was surprised to see him already there waiting for her. “How’d you get here so fast?” She asked once she made it to his side.

 

“My instructor let us out early.” He answered before he started leading the way. It suddenly felt like this was normal for them, like they’ve been doing this for a while… it was strange to her. She didn’t have many friends growing up, so it was different to be meeting with people after school like this.

 

They walked for a bit after leaving the campus and she was quiet the entire time as Ren commented on some things they passed by. “You don’t talk much, do you?” Ren asked as they were coming up to a cafe, not the one she had a bad experience in. He thought they could get some cake and tea before going to get some real food… he liked sweets, don’t judge him.

 

As he expected, she stayed quiet and despite his question and curiosity, he didn’t mind it to be honest! Usually when he’s with girls, they talked nonstop about how gorgeous he is or talk about him more than themselves. He doesn’t usually meet with a lot, but he was curious about Min Ji.


Ren was the typical popular college student, always surrounded by beautiful girls. They’d flirt with him and he’d flirt with them, only if he was interested. But lately he grew bored of the cliché bunch of girls who’d swarm him when he sets foot on the campus. He wanted something new, something different… and that’s when he saw Min Ji in class, all by herself. He wasn’t sure if he could really call it love at first sight, but he definitely knew he was interested in her after talking with her yesterday.

 

Min Ji was quiet and shy. He hadn’t seen her talk to anyone really, and sort of worried about her being the loner of the class. He saw how some of the girls judged her and gossiped about her yesterday in their math class, saying unpleasant things about her being awkward and unattractive with her baggy clothes and braided hair, it really irritated him that they’d pick on someone as innocent as Min Ji. He had the urge to tell them to knock it off, they aren’t in high school anymore.

 

Seeing her finish her cup of tea, he smiled at her adorable expression that followed after it, like she was refreshed or something, it was the first time he had seen her look so relaxed. That was until she caught him staring at her and she went back to being nervous again. “You know, you’re really cute.” He admitted with a charming smile.

 

“Uh!” She dropped her head, getting embarrassed by his compliment. “No I’m n-not.”

 

“Aw, Princess, you really are adorable!” He cooed, chuckling at her flustered state before he stopped and apologize. “I can’t help it… you really are cute and I just wanted you to know that.”

 

“... noted.” She said in an embarrassed whisper. “And you’re really funny.”

 

“Why thank you!” He beamed, taking her words as a compliment. “I aim to make the Princess laugh no matter what it takes!”

 

“Why?” She asked, really curious now on why he was so insistent that they eat together and why he kept saying things like that.

 

“I don’t like how people treat you… if I could make your day better just in the slightest, I’ll be the happiest man alive.” He said with a happy smile.

 

For the first time ever, there was someone who actually cared about her feelings. It was touching, enough that she almost started to cry. She wasn’t sure what she did to deserve this kind of attention now. “Thanks.” She managed to get out.

 

“Awh, Princess, don’t cry!” He pouted, handing her a napkin to dry her tears. “No, wait! Let me do it!” He jumped up from his seat.

 

“Ah~! It’s okay, I can do it!” She laughed, taking the napkin from him.

 

… ❤ …

 

Once they were done at the cafe, it was now time for the real food! As the were walking near some food joints, he decided to ask her what she liked. “Are you a Pasta girl? Soup girl? Meats girl? Pizza girl?” He asked, watching her face for any hints. Seeing her react to the last suggestion, he grinned and decided they’d go for pizza and led the way.

 

He ordered them a medium pepperoni and cheese pizza with some breadsticks and two drinks. She wouldn’t really say an answer when he asked what drink she wanted so he went with the popular choice and luckily it didn’t really matter to her. He figured maybe she was too shy to speak in front of him right now after earlier and just hoped she’d get comfortable again soon.

 

After receiving their drinks, Ren took his jacket off and that’s when he noticed she was still wearing her sweater. Not that it was mandatory to take off jackets and sweaters in restaurants, it was just that sometimes it tends to get warm inside. “Do you want to take that off?” He asked, pointing to her baggy sweater. He didn’t want her to overheat or be uncomfortable.

 

“Uh!” She held onto her shoulders looking unsure about it before sighing. It was getting a little hot underneath it, she had to admit. She took off her fake glasses and sat them on the table before working on taking her sweater off without moving too much since she wasn’t exactly comfortable having Ren sitting there watching her. She most definitely didn’t want to just yank her sweater off and it catch on her shirt underneath and flash everyone!

 

It was totally slow motion in Ren’s mind as the y cliché music started to play in his mind as he watched her pull at the hem of her sweater and pull it up above her head like she was getting undressed for something, for someone. Oh god, it’s like I’m a ert! He quickly snapped out of it by looking away, shocked he even thought of such a thing...

 

After she was done removing her sweater, he dared to look her way and stared at her cute black and white striped sleeves and Hello Kitty shirt overlayering it. She had put her fake glasses back on too and he literally just couldn’t handle the amount of cuteness that was going on right now. He wasn’t sure why he was feeling like this over a girl he just met, but that didn’t matter! She was too cute for this world, this rude, harsh and bitter world!

 

Once their pizza arrived, Ren served her a slice being overly friendly again and she accepted it from him, now finding it kind of cute. At first he seemed pretty cool besides his appearance, she wasn’t really expecting this kind of behavior from him… from a Prince like character but then again, she’s only imagined him as a Prince since she first laid eyes on him. And now he was calling her Princess!

 

Because she was getting shy again, not much was said between the two besides Ren trying to make small talk. Instead he started to tell her stories about him and his friends just so it wasn’t so quiet at the table and she honestly looked interested in what he had to say so he kept talking about his lame friends. Every now and then she’d giggle when he’d complain about his friend Aron, how annoying he was and how he always pestered him about things.

 

Pretty soon, they were done eating and it was now time to walk the Princess home.

 

… ❤ …

 

“Princess!” Ren blurted out after they reached her apartment complex.

 

“Y-Yes?!” She turned around looking startled by his outburst, he only laughed at her cute expression before apologizing.

 

“Did you have fun today?” He asked with a bright smile.

 

“I did, thank you.” She nodded with a small smile on her lips. She thought he was cute when he was overly animated like this.

 

“I’m so glad!” He chirped, looking like he accomplished something. “Then, would it be too much to ask for your number? I figured since we’ll be classmates from now on, we should keep in contact when we’re out of school?”

 

“Oh… that sounds like a good idea.” She nodded. “Uhm… home phone is okay, right?”

 

“What?!” He suddenly gasped like he heard something shocking because he did. “How do you not have a handphone?!”

 

“I’m sorry!” She apologized, feeling guilty that she wasn’t as cool as some of the kids at school with $600 cell phones.

 

“Please tell me you at least have a computer?!”

 

“I do… for homework.” She nodded. “I’m really not old fashion it’s just I don’t see the need for having expensive things like a cellphone. They’re a distraction to studies, too, and…” I can’t afford it.

 

“True, but you should have one just in case there’s an emergency.” He pointed out.

 

“Right, I’ll look into it.” She nodded.

 

“For now, just give me your home phone number and any social you use.” She nodded and wrote her number down on a small note before handing it over. “That’s it?!” He asked, staring at the single set of numbers. “You don’t use socials?”

 

“I don’t have internet here.” She quietly admitted. That’s when he stopped and took a step back to look at the complex she was staying at. He recognize it to be one of the poorer complexes.

 

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it!” He snapped out of his gloomy state. “I guess I was just a little shocked, usually everyone has internet and a phone these days, I jumped to conclusions.”

 

“I don’t blame you.” She gave a sheepish laugh. “Sorry that I’m not cool like the rest of the students at school.”

 

“Nah, don’t think like that. I think it’s cool that you survive without those things on a daily basis. If you take their phone and internet away they’ll surely throw a tantrum.” He stated while rolling his eyes. “People are so addicted to social media these days, so it’s nice to see you’re not one of them social zombies.”

 

“Right.” She nodded, feeling a tad better at his comments. “But sometimes it’d be nice to chat with people once in awhile.”

 

“Of course!” He nodded in agreement. “Just let me know when you want to chat, I’ll come over!” He grinned from ear to ear.

 

“O-Okay.” She nodded, feeling her cheeks warming up.

 

“I’ll get going then, see you tomorrow!” Ren gave a cute wave before turning to leave. Once he was out of sight, she let out a deep sigh. He’s so nice…

 

When she got inside her small apartment she went to her room to lie down and thought about what they talked about outside. I should look into getting internet, huh? I mean… it’d come in handy for my projects later on instead of having to go to the cafes and leech off their wifi. Yes, she totally wasn’t going to get internet because of Ren. No way. How much more would it be? She thought while getting up and looked for the customer service number for the phone company she uses. Since it was still early in the day, she called the number and asked about it.

 

… ❤ …

 

Arriving home, Ren felt exhausted and lied down on his couch with a tired sigh. Chasing Min Hee around campus earlier must’ve taken up all his energy! But it was worth it. He smiled to himself. After a few minutes, he pulled out his phone to check his notifications. He saw missed texts from his friends who were complaining about him not meeting up with them after class today. “Eugh…” he sighed when he saw his friend Minhyun start to call him. “What is it?” He answered.

 

“Are we just not friends anymore? Are we strangers? Why are you ignoring us?”

 

“I’m not ignoring you! Things just came up and-”

 

“Was Aron right? Did you meet a guy?!”

 

“No!” He corrected. It was only a matter of time before they’d found out though. He was going to stall it as much as he could.

 

“Oooooh~! Come out to dinner then and tell us all about him!” Minhyun cooed, sounding pretty excited.

 

“Fine.” He couldn’t say no otherwise they’d come to his apartment and bother him about it and he didn’t like that. “Where are we going to eat?”

 

Once Minhyun gave him a time and place he hung up and closed his eyes for a few seconds. He started to remember the time he spent with Min Ji earlier eating pizza and how she was listening to all his stories about his friends. I should introduce her to them some day...

 

“Knock, knock, anyone home?!” Suddenly he heard Aron’s voice say while entering the apartment and he sat up quickly looking shocked.

 

“Yah! What are you doing coming in here uninvited?!”

 

“Chill out, don’t yell at me when I was so nice enough to come return this to you.” Aron laughed while holding out a sparkly pen.

 

“... that’s not my pen.” He deadpanned while looking up at his friend like he was nuts.

 

“It isn’t?” Aron raised a brow before looking at it again. “I could’ve sworn you have a pen like this.”

 

Looking at the pen a little longer, it suddenly dawned on Ren… “You know, I actually know who the owner of that pen is!” He jumped up and snatched it from Aron.

 

“Whoa~!” The older stumbled back a bit. “No need to swipe it out of my hand like that!” He could see Ren smiling while admiring the pen and found that strange. “Who does it belong to? A girl?”

 

“If it wasn’t obvious?” Ren rolled his eyes.

 

“But you have sparkly pens, too!”

 

“I don’t use them at school!” The younger defended with a pout.

 

“Haha, you’re so cute!” Aron laughed at his friends slight flustered face.

 

“Shut up. We’re going out to eat with the others, so let’s go.” He gave Aron a push back towards the door so they could leave. He put the sparkly pen down on the table near the door before they left his apartment. I should return that pen to her tomorrow. He thought after locking his door. But he found it odd that Aron would find Min Ji’s pen like that and think it was Ren’s. Perhaps they had similar taste in sparkly pens? That had to be it! That… or Aron knew about Ren and Min Ji’s encounters…

 

“So, have you been seeing any hot guys, lately?” Aron asked before he dodged Ren’s fist.

 

“Yeah, he’s really hot!” Ren laughed.

 

“Really?!” Aron couldn’t stop laughing.

 

“Yeah, I never seen such a hot dude before!” Of course Ren was joking and it seemed like Aron got the hint too.

 

“Is he tall?”

 

“No, but that’s okay!”

 

“What do you like about him?”

 

“He’s cute. Like… really cute.” Ren couldn’t help but chuckle at that. But he also couldn’t help but smile at the thought of this cute guy.

 

“Double threat, huh, hot and cute?”

 

“I feel so attacked when I’m around him!”

 

“Awh, our Prince falling in love already?”

 

“Are you jealous?” Ren teased.

 

“Not in the slightest, I’m happy for you, dude.” Aron gave him a few pats on the back. “So, when is the wedding?”

 

“That’s going too fast!” Ren nudged him with his elbow. “But I’d say next Spring!”

 

“Can I be the best man?”

 

“... Sure. Wear something sparkly, please.”


Caution: These two were a pair of idiots when together.


Chapter two!

 

fFA8PHrDRJp6XCquFxnhVMDlL9wz4yeeNZbYctnv

Long time no see….

gD3lRg-MeXx5aHlZ4eQxqQMMBhxBUXu-Wgw7CuxH

Ren has sparkly pens, no surprise AHAHA

4TCsyeWYUtDnpM2liWQJHs90zEENjcjVIfJn2u33

Aron is just lost and confused

“I thought that was his pen…”

Ren: SHUT UP…

O9VRvIZZT8S_Tc48TpG9t36uV3SZUtlXNPNTS9Hi

Minhyun: Aron said you met a guy but I’m glad you clarified and said it was a girl! We made a bet and now I have $2 in the bank LOL

Ren: You guys are idiots, I swear.

HAHA SO MEAN LOL JK

FaJwaMBdUyobd3BtCAPYzT6zkbElfSksUSnWiqbh

Okay, I’m done here lol

Sorry for taking so long with this update… ><

Hopefully I can update more in the near future!

Until then, enjoy what little I have to offer for this story for now haha~!