Chapter 1

Love Me Like You Do

“First day of school, are you excited?!” An annoying and cheerful voice shouted on speaker phone as the beautiful long darked haired male was currently getting dressed for what was mentioned just now. It was mid morning and he had about an hour to get to the campus before his Math class would start, his friend had called while he was getting ready.

 

“No.” He replied after changing his shirt for the second time. His first pick seemed a little too warm to be wearing through a one hour class...

 

“Why not?! I thought you loved school, Ren?!” The voice whined on the other line. Said person rolled their eyes at that comment.

 

“I used to.” Ren muttered. It was true, he used to love it, but ever since high school it’s become a place he hates as everyone is always flocking to him and showering him with love and attention to the point it’s annoying. He can’t stand it anymore.

 

“Oh? What was that?”

 

“I gotta finish getting ready, I’ll chat with you later, Aron. Bye.” He picked up his phone and ended the call before his friend could protest. He decided he probably shouldn't answer Aron’s call next time while he's getting ready.

 

Once he was finished getting dressed for the day, he let out a small sigh and looked at the time. Maybe I should just grab something to eat on the way instead… By now he didn't have time to make himself anything, it'd take too long. Making a quick decision, he put on his coat and grabbed his school bag before leaving his apartment. This would be the challenging part of his morning right now, go unnoticed by his fangirl neighbors who try to catch his attention  anytime he leaves his apartment.

 

He never thought he'd have to deal with them at his own apartment after graduating high school and leaving home to pursue college. He gets he's handsome, he gets he's beautiful… but he's also human and wants his personal space, too.

 

“Good morning, Ren!” A few girls spotted him near the patio area of the complex. He stopped and gave a friendly wave like he always did.

 

“Morning.” He replied, holding in a sigh when they beckoned him to join them.

 

“Where are you going this early in the day?”

 

“College.” He said while checking the time again. “Gotta go!” He said quickly before hurrying away, he knew if he didn't run away he'd get stuck talking to them. It was pretty difficult for him when he first moved into the complex as he’s pretty polite and is never rude to anyone unless you were someone close to him or an enemy. Naturally when the girls would talk to him he’s reply to them and eventually get up into a long awkward(not for them of course) conversation with them. Lately though he’s been avoiding it as much as possible since he really didn’t have time to sit and chat now that summer break was over.

 

After navigating away from his apartment complex, he headed to the nearby cafe he likes to go to on his free time and mentally cursed at the semi long line that was present when he walked in. Do I have enough time? He looked at his phone before getting in line, figuring he should before someone cuts in front of him. He began to tap his foot, trying not to let the slow pace of the line get to him. Maybe I don’t have enough time! He started to worry just as the line moved forward.

 

The girl in front of him stepped forward now that it was her turn to order. “One hot chocolate… please.” Her voice was so soft and gentle, Ren snapped out of whatever thoughts he was thinking when he heard it.

 

“What?” The clerk standing behind the counter asked, leaning forward as if to hear better.

 

She repeated her order in that same soft gentle voice but instead of the clerk understanding it the second time, he still didn’t know what she said! She wasn’t speaking loud enough and the male clerk started to get annoyed at her. “Speak up, I can’t hear you.” He said rudely and even though Ren was irritated that he was starting to run out of time, he did not approve of the employee’s behavior.

 

“I’m s-sorry.” The girl lowered her head a bit.

 

“Don’t start stuttering now!” The clerk scolded. “I can’t understand if you stutter, too!”

 

“Yah, don’t you think you’re being a little too harsh?” Ren finally spoke up, giving him a small glare. “What kind of service is this if you’re scolding the customer?”

 

“It’s not my fault she doesn’t know how to speak properly.”

 

“There’s nothing wrong with how she speaks,” he said in her defense, “maybe you actually need to pay more attention when a customer talks.” Pulling out his wallet he decided to order for the girl along with his. “Two hot chocolates.” He put the bills on the counter and slid them over with an unpleased expression.

 

The clerk just stared at him looking annoyed that Ren just talked back to him like that in front of everyone. “Did you hear me?” Ren asked raising his brows. The clerk muttered something about to turn around when a female clerk jumped into the picture.

 

“I got it!” She beamed, quickly preparing the order. “Here you go!” She returned with a bright smile. Ren paid for the drinks, thanking her while flashing her a kind smile before handing one of the hot chocolates to the girl he was helping.

 

That’s when he noticed how cute she really was with her long side braid and huge fake glasses. Her clothes were a bit baggy but still cute in his opinion. She was shorter than him, of course, the top of her head barely reaching his shoulders. He wasn’t sure why, but everything about her was cute to him.

 

“Here, take it.” He said when she hesitated on accepting the drink he paid for. “That guy was a total jerk, you didn’t deserve that… so I hope this cheers you up.” He added, placing it in her small hand.

 

“T-Thank you.” She stuttered out quietly while looking up only to freeze in her spot when she caught full sight of him this time. He was incredibly beautiful with those green eyes(contacts) and long silky black hair. Her cheeks flushed a shade of red as she continued to stare. Ren had to laugh, it was completely adorable seeing her big beautiful brown eyes staring at him in awe. He took a moment to admire her as well. Should I ask for her number? He was about to open his mouth to say something when...

 

“I… have class!” She blurted out before turning and running off without another word.

 

Ren just stood there, kind of shocked that she left just like that without saying bye to him… but after what just happened, he assumed she was the shy and quiet type. It’s okay. He smiled to himself. Maybe we’ll meet again, someday? He watched her disappear from the cafe window while taking a sip of his hot chocolate. “Tss, hot, hot, hot!”

 

… ❤ ...

 

She was completely captivated by his unique look as he sat in the desk by the window, looking out the window like the main character in an anime. His flawless skin, his beautiful green eyes, those soft pink lips and his long silky black hair was all she could focus on at the moment. Everyone around them wasn’t important anymore as she sat there and admired him in her seat.

 

Class would be ending soon and most of the students were still busy reading over the syllabus and other information their instructor provided for the semester. The room was quiet and Lee Min Ji could hear her heart beating in her ears as she admired the guy she bumped into at the cafe earlier, Ren.

 

His name is Choi Minki, but he had told the class he’d like to be called Ren and the beautiful smile he flashed them totally stole her heart as well as every other girl’s heart in class, even their teacher! Never in her life did Min Ji imagine she’d meet such a beautiful man in college like this. She still couldn’t get over the encounter she had with him earlier, how he defended her from the rude clerk, buying her hot chocolate… He was like her Prince, come to her rescue!

 

“Min Ji?” Suddenly she heard her name being called by an angelic voice and she snapped out of her daydream about Ren on a pure white horse dressed in royal attire and everything. She might have also imagined him with a flower crown on his head, so beautiful!

 

“Uh?” She looked up to see… her Prince looking down at her with a small smile! “Y-Yes?” She stuttered out, looking around to see the classroom was empty now. Oh my gosh, how long was I daydreaming?! She thought in horror.

 

“Class is over. I guess you were spacing out, huh?”

 

She couldn't even speak, her nerves were getting the better of her as she just nodded in reply to his question. While she sat there feeling embarrassed, Ren just chuckled, finding her shy self adorable.

 

“Do you have another class soon?” He asked, sort of shocking her that he was still standing there asking her questions. She thought he would have left by now, as if he was just letting her know class was over and then he’d leave. Still unable to speak, she shook her head. “Then are you heading home?” She was a bit hesitant on answering… Why? Why does he want to know? She thought while slowly nodding her head this time. This felt strange… they only met today but he seems so friendly with her!

 

“Can I walk you home?” He smiled that beautiful smile and she literally felt like her heart could stop at any moment. He’s so nice, oh my gosh! Now she was stunned and really at a loss for words. I must still be daydreaming!

 

She lightly slapped her cheeks, as if to wake herself up and looked back up at him still standing there. “Harder…” she muttered, slapping her cheeks with more force this time. When she saw Ren still standing there, she was going to repeat the process when Ren reached out to stop her with a small laugh.

 

“Don’t hurt yourself, I’m real!” He exclaimed, holding her small wrist in his hand. “Is it that surprising that I’m talking to you?” He mumbled, a hint of dejection in his tone as he looked down at his hold on her wrist. He let go only to place the palm of his hand up against hers as if to compare the size. “Wah, you have such cute hands.” He chuckled as his fingers interlocked with hers.

 

Min Ji stiffened in her seat at the sudden action, unable to comprehend what was going on for a few seconds, like her brain shut down unexpectedly. After a few seconds, she managed to return to reality before retracting her hand while making weird noise before standing up. “Ready to go home?” He chirped watching her grab her things at the speed of light. Then she was running out the door. “Wait up, wait for me!” He called while running after her.

 

… ❤ …

 

“I-It’s okay, you don’t have to… walk me home.” Min Ji stuttered as they reached the first crosswalk.

 

“I really don’t mind.” He assured her. “Besides, a girl shouldn’t walk alone.”

 

“I know self defense…” she mumbled with her head low, unable to properly look him in the eyes, those beautiful fake green eyes. “Really, I’m okay.”

 

“It doesn’t seem like you had any friends in our Math class. I don’t either. I’m just trying to be friendly here!” He chuckled.

 

“Then… I appreciate it!” She bowed a few times.

 

“So, to commemorate our friendship, let’s go eat something delicious, yeah?” He flashed that beautiful smile and Min Ji just couldn’t find it in her heart to tell him no! “Let’s go!” He took her by the hand to walk her across the street since she was still stunned by everything.

 

Not sure where to take her, he decided to take a guess and they entered a ramyeon stall. Surely everyone liked ramyeon? He made sure to let her order whatever she liked since he was paying, his treat. Of course she ordered the cheapest thing on the menu, not wanting to burden him if she were to pick something pricey but he didn’t care, he had said get what she wanted and if cheap was what she wanted, that was fine. Smart girl, actually… and then he started to find himself getting more attracted to this shy and quiet girl!

 

“Min Ji, why don’t you tell me a little more about yourself?” Ren asked while leaning on the counter beside her with an interested look. “Since we’ll be classmates for the next few months… let’s get to know each other better, okay?”

 

“Uh…” was all she could really say. She wasn’t prepared for this and he just laughed, seeing it plain as day in her surprised expression.

 

“Or I can go first.” He smiled. “I came from Busan to pursue Fashion Design at Hansung University.”

 

“Fashion Design?” Min Ji repeated, her eyes slightly widening in surprise yet interest.

 

“Surprised?” He chuckled. “For the longest time, I’ve been interested in fashion and eventually I wanted to pursue it and make my own… sometimes I get home sick since I came here alone, but when I get my degree, it’ll be worth it.”

 

“It will.” She smiled at his positivity. “Good luck.”

 

“Thank you!”

 

“I don’t know why… but hearing what you major made me excited.” She suddenly admitted. At his curious look she blushed because he looked so focused on her now. “I’m majoring in Graphic Design so… we kind of share the same interests, regarding design work.”

 

“Really?! I would have never thought… I thought you were a literature major or something, you look like the cute bookworm.” He pointed to her fake glasses.

 

“Ah, no!” She shook her head while bringing up her hands up to them. “I only wear these to hide my face.”

 

“Why would you want to hide your face?!” He frowned. “You’re so cute, why would you hide all of that?”

 

“...” by now she could feel her face burning and could just tell she was blushing hardcore right about now. “Because…” she barely got out, “because I don’t like the attention.”

 

At that mere sentence, Ren could feel an instant connection. He too hated the attention he gets regarding his appearance. He then felt conflicted since… he wanted to tell her to not let it bother her just so he could see her cute face more often, but then he knew that feeling of not wanting to be stared at.

 

“What if it’s just me?” He asked.

 

“Oh?”

 

“If it’s just me, you don’t have to wear those.” He smiled sweetly at her. “You have such pretty eyes, it’d be a shame if you kept wearing those when I’m with you.” At his compliment, Min Ji faced forward just as their food arrived, causing him to laugh at her sudden shyness. “You’re adorable, I love it!” That obviously didn’t help as Min Ji kept her face hidden from him now after turning in her seat slightly.

 

They began eating, naturally, but halfway through Min Ji had issues with her glasses trying to fall forward from the angle she had her head when eating her ramyeon. She had it low to avoid looking at anyone and apparently the fake glasses didn’t like that and tried to slip off. Finally fed up with it, she took them off and sat them down to her right where Ren happened to be.

 

When she was done eating she reached for her glasses only to find them missing. “Huh?” She turned in her seat to see them long gone from the counter and frowned, worried if someone stole them while she wasn’t looking and that’s when she noticed Ren facing her, his arm resting on the counter and he was wearing her glasses! “My glasses!” She pointed at him as he laughed. “Why are you wearing them?”

 

“I don’t know, maybe I just wanted to hide my face.” He repeated her words from earlier.

 


“Why would you hide your fac-... you don’t need to hide your face.”

 


“And neither do you.” He grinned, reaching over to poke her on the nose, causing her to blush instantly.

 

“Give them back, please?” She mumbled, reaching up for them but he stopped her, insisting he’d do it. He took them off before turning them around to place them on her face himself, being careful not to poke her eye out, of course.

 

“Though the glasses make you look even cuter...” he said with his face dangerously close to hers as he looked into her eyes behind the fake glasses. “I’d like it if you didn’t wear them.”

 

She stood there frozen from the sudden close encounter, staring into those fake green eyes that were staring into her own… she was wearing fake glasses and he was obviously wearing colored contacts.

 

“You’re wearing contacts.” She blurted out.

 

“Yes, I am.” He chuckled.

 

“If you can wear contacts, I can wear glasses.”

 

“...” He looked speechless for a second like he lost in his own argument. “Fine.”

 

She giggled at the expression he made when she pointed that out. The soft cute sound made him smile, he was glad to see her in a good mood. Ever since he witnessed the way that rude clerk was talking to her, he swore he never wanted to see anyone speak like that to her again because this cutie pie deserves all the laughs and happiness as possible.

 

“Ready to go home?” He asked shortly after. She gave a simple nod and then they were on their way out after paying.

 

… ❤ …

 

“Thanks for buying my ramyeon.” Min Ji said quietly as they were standing at the gate of her apartment complex. She actually let Ren walk her home, thinking she might as well put an effort into being friends with him, too. Her original plan was to lie about her address and walk home after he left but realized that was too mean to do to him, someone who was just being nice! He definitely didn’t seem to pose a threat, so she was honest and told him her address. Now, here they were.

 

“No problem.” Ren simply smiled in reply.

 

“And for my hot chocolate this morning…” she added, looking up slightly, “and thanks for stepping in when the clerk was being rude. That was really nice of you.”

 

“Of course, I had to do something. That was so uncalled for… let’s hope you don’t have to run into him again when you order from there.”

 

“Don’t worry, I probably won’t go back.” She assured him. “I only went there since I didn’t have a lot of time to look for another place, it was the closest to me at the moment. I can get hot chocolate elsewhere so it doesn’t really matter.”

 

Ren only nodded in understanding while sulking on the inside, there was no way he was going to admit to her that it was his favorite cafe he went to in his free time, not after what she went through. Now she had a bad impression on his favorite go to place! What a shame!

 

“I suppose… I’ll see you around, then?” She gave a small awkward wave.

 

“Right, what classes do you have tomorrow? Maybe I can walk you home again?”

 

“You don’t have to!” She waved her hands in the air. I don’t think I can do this a second time!

 

“But I want to!” He grinned. “Then I guess I’ll come find you at the campus! It’ll be like hide and seek!” Seeing her worried expression he laughed, something he noticed he kept doing! “Until then!” He waved before turning to head home, leaving Min Ji standing at the gate speechless.

 

… ❤ …

 

On his way home, he replayed all the encounters he had today with the cute and shy girl, Min Ji. His whole day seemed to consist of her and it just brought a smile to his face, remembering all her reactions and cute gentle voice. He grew really fond of her in the short span of time they were together. Which was probably not even a full 5 hours!

 

“Look at you, smiling like a high school girl.” Suddenly that annoying voice from this morning’s phone call spoke in front of him when he made it up to his apartment door. His friend Aron was there leaning on the wall beside the door like he was waiting for him, probably because he was waiting for him all this time. “I take it you met someone while you were out, otherwise you would have been home two hours ago.”

 

“Only you would wait that long without leaving.” Ren rolled his eyes while opening his door. “Why did you wait so long?”

 

“My goal was to see my friend, I don’t give up that easily!”

 

“You could’ve called.” Ren sighed after Aron walked in. He shut the door and watched Aron make himself at home on his living room couch. “I would have told you when I would be home.”

 

“No you wouldn’t, you’d lie like you always do!” Aron snickered.

 

“This is probably why.” Ren pointed at the older lying on the couch flipping through the TV channels. “I suppose you’re hungry, too, right?”

 

“Anything’s good.”

 

Ren left to the kitchen and grabbed a nearly empty chip back before returning to his friend in the living room. He tossed the bag at him and held back a small laugh when Aron looked up at him like he was offended. “It’s empty!”

 

“Nearly.” Ren corrected. “You said anything’s good.”

 

“C’mon!”

 

“I’m not your mom!” Ren complained. “If you’re hungry, go to Minhyun’s place, he’s the Mother Hen after all.”

 

“He’s still at the campus!”

 

“And so you came to bother me?!”

 

“Yes! I missed you, Ren!”

 

“Well I didn’t miss you!” He laughed at the sad pout Aron gave him. “You’re not cute at all.”

 

“So, what happened?” Aron gave up on food for now and decided to ask about his friend’s day. “You seemed to be in a really good mood when you got home. Did you meet a girl or something? Or perhaps a guy?” Ren’s expression dropped and he grabbed one of the pillows off the couch to hit him with. “Yah~! It was a joke!”

 

“I’m not telling you.” Ren huffed, sitting on the couch with pout on his face.

 

“Fine, we’ll hear it when you tell Mother Hen.” Aron laughed.


Chapter one!

 

elXsvA7kRKLk8q4blGijq8e7y6xBFx4-6mPo2ivt

*0*

No words

LOL

Besides, here’s the first chapter! FINALLY!

SQdTp-ump0uLzTp4uBedfzEUbONoOoxpJBvfofQ1

Beginnings are always rough when I start fics, so just hang in there XD it’ll get better!

Hopefully…

kS0TLpLSCYZ7-3KdZcevBYNDKfE_macl2dmNtEnE

Until next time, REN IS ADORABLE OH MAH GAHD...

ps. any typos or errors will be fixed eventually. No matter what I do they always end up in the chapters I make haha XD