One: overwhelming stranger

What's Rightfully Hers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Oh my," 


With a bounce, she hopped on the bed like it's her serenity, which it will be with the years. Until now she still can't believe that they had moved away from her hometown; she has been so connected with the people there to move out; she had thought she wouldn't be able to easily step out, but she doesn't know why her heart swelled with easiness ever since she stepped foot into the house.

 


It wasn't such a big house; but it wasn't small either, it was simply perfect for them. She can still hear the noises her sister was making; their rooms were in front of one another anyway. Nari can tell she had a problem unpacking the huge duffle bag she brought with her; she had told her it would be hard to unpack, because she practically stuffed her things instead of neatly organizing them, but guess thats what you get for ignoring your sister's amazing advices. 

 


Sleep took over her, and she had already started to throw the voices around her behind her back. Her dad and mom were conversing outside in the patio, and she had no interest in what they were talking about. Chearim, her older sister was still busy with her things, and she rolled around in her new blue bed, giving her back to the door. She was about to lift herself from the bed, not wanting the sleep to evade her system, When a heavy body jumped on her, squealing with utter happiness and giddiness. She was about to push her away, scolding her at the same time for squeezing the daylight out of her body - her stomach basically; but her entire body ached, she even felt like throwing up from the sudden squeeze - but she only fixed her position under Nari; giving her a blank look with her hair looking like a bird nest. 

 

Giggling like a five-years old girl, Chearim slapped Nari's cheeks softly and grinned after. She pulled off of her and lied beside her instead, hair fluffing under her head softly. 


"I can't believe we are already here," she hummed softly; and rested her head up on her propped hands to give Nari a stare. She flashed one of her eyes to her, golden streaks flying across her black orbs before turning normal. Nari pushed Chearim's head away from her when that mischievous smile curved in her lips, and Nari was ought to gag at her. 

 

Giggling again at Nari's push - that caused her to bounce back to her original position - Chearim sighed softly and started brushing her hair away from her face. She watched her like the creep she is and sighed helplessly. Chearim is such a beauty; with wide doe eyes and heart-shaped lips, she was fawned out in their previous school by every gender possible, but she hadn't been dating anyone, claiming that she was waiting for her significant other. She was one year older than Nari, and she still haven't found out her true mate - or mates, she rather fancied the idea of having multiple relationships - so Nari having one right now is out of the question, even if she was eager to find the one person who would love her with all their life.


"Do you think there would be cute guys at our new school?" Though she asks about guys a lot, she is usually not interested in anyone, she just finds pleasure in fingerling. 

 

Snapping her pillow at her face, Nari chuckled like the dork she usually is and sighed heavily after. In mere seconds they were both staring at the ceiling silently.


"Hey, Chearim? Do you think we would finally find our soulmates?" To Nari, she has always been calling them Soulmates; lots of people called them with various names, some says 'Partner' some says 'other half' but she has always liked the term soulmates; it was somehow romantic to her and she really believed that their souls are connected to those who are their mates.

 

She looked at Nari with a soft smile, linking her pinkie finger sneakily with her sister before speaking in the softest voice Nari has ever heard her use.

 

"I'm sure of it,"


-


"Nari!! C'mon you are gonna be late!" Nari sighed heavily and dropped her phone inside her jeans pocket. She can't believe even though they moved away from their old neighborhood her mom still went with her old habits which consisted of going to the grocery store by turns. Since her mom decided to be a housewife; and them two - her sister and her - don't usually have anything to do in their lives beside school; they had to work with her in order. Today just happened to be Nari's day to go grocery shopping to buy something to eat; She thought that since they just moved in, She would be off the hook. But her dad has been nagging about how hungry he is and he refused to buy take-out, saying that Chinese food is not good for his werewolf stomach. He demanded a half-raw slice of meat which She is about to buy. Sometimes her dad acts like a real brat towards his vampire mate; her mother.

 

Rolling her eyes at her mother's second yell, she had to stop the growing urge in kicking her laughing sister whose obnoxious laughter echoed from downstairs. As Nari's parents have been told by the other neighbors, the grocery store was approximately twenty minutes away from their house, making it fifty minutes going and returning, knowing how Nari drag herself while walking; which would explain the extra ten minutes. 

 

She jogged downstairs from her now neatly decorated room. It's already seven PM, and the sun is bidding everybody goodbye. Being the courageous girl She is, She doesn't really mind the dark, especially of the growing abilities she harbored from her parents. 

 

Being a hybrid was an advance She usually took advantage of, especially with the strong abilities that comes along with it. In her previous school, she was the nerd with glasses since she really liked to study, especially math since it's her favorite subject. Nobody disturbed her however; because of her position in the society. They aren't the ruling family because it's hereditary rule, they are only feared among the people, especially since they possess both genetics, vampirism; and werewolves genes. 

 

Humming softly in the night air; she pounced in her steps as she walked through the neighborhood. Many people were still roaming around, mixed from every species. Humans, Vampires and Werewolves. Well, nobody knows about them, the mythical creatures as they blended pretty well with the humans. They didn't want to cause a rage to their small circle of trust. 

 


Reaching the grocery store; She hurried in buying everything on the list and immediately walked back, her right eye flashing golden softly at the sudden breeze of cold brushing against her exposed arms. She controlled her body heat and her own heater inside her body, warming herself by her werewolf side before completing her walk outside.

 

Putting on her earphones; she fixed the heavy bags on her hands and started humming to the soft song a little too loudly, causing a lot of eyes to turn her way which she did not care about. 

 

She suddenly stopped frozen in her place, eyes turning extremely wide when a sudden shiver ran along her spine. She knew it wasn't a cold shiver, it was a whole lot different than a simply cold shiver. Her breath exited in shaggy puffs, earphones slipping off of her ears unconsciously due to shock. Her whole body urged her to look to the right, and she didn't even have to look at her eyes to know they were glowing. Her werewolf side took control, and that's something never happens easily. She knew that both of her eyes were golden now, and she had a slight idea on why that happened.

 

Droppi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter