Unseen

Your Melody Remains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A blood curdling scream resounds around the forest in which a large mansion is set. The birds can be seen flying away from their shelter under the trees near the mansion due to the shock. 

"Shut up! What the hell is wrong with you!?" A man with a muscular build barked as he held down the woman who screamed. The other two persons looked at her with an apologetic and puzzled look as the womans' eyes widened again as she looked behind the man.

"Why..." Her voice trembled and her whole body was pale and shaky, "Why can't you see her!? She's right there!" She screeched with tears in her eyes as she pressed the buzzer that hung from her neck. 

 

The lady and the two men watched as she left, running on the stone path towards the gate that the butler of the house held open for her while bowing. 

"Well, that just leaves three of us." The lady who held a  cigarette in her hand said. She looked at the other two who were already making their way slowly towards the stairs that led to the top floor.

"Hey! We are not allowed to go there!" She whispered harshly as not to let the butler who appears in a blink, hear her. 

"Ailee, don't you think it's strange? How 25 people left the competition because they saw something? What if this is all just a con to scare us? What if the reason they don't allow us to go to the top floor is because all the controllers or props they use are all up there?" The man with the muscular build said. The other young man who was following him looked at Ailee and then at the other man. 

"I don't think we should go... I don't have a good feeling at all..." He said quietly as he took a step back.

"Ren, five million dollars! If we solve this mystery and if we go up there and switch off those things, we can survive the next 3 days and win five million dollars! Stop getting scared now! You didn't last this long because you were scared, come on now!" The muscular man frowned as he said this. Both contestants looked at him and decided to follow him.

"Sheang is always so bossy..." Ailee whispered to Ren who held a lamp above him as he followed Sheang who was only a few steps ahead. 

"I agree. But, we can't do anything about it. He's very determined to find out the secrets of this house." Ren answered as they came to a halt towards the room at the end of the hall. 

"I saw light coming out of this room.." Sheang said as he tried to look through the keyhole. There sure was some light spilling from under the double doors of the room. He pushed the door open without a warning and they all got surprised when the room was completely dark. 

"I'm pretty sure the light was still on when I pushed the door..." Sheang said whose frown got deeper. He took several careful steps inside before completely walking through the long corridor that they didn't know where it led. The other two followed but stayed behind a few steps from him. 

The room was even colder than outside and the cold was almost biting into them. In this time of summer, this temperature was abnormal for any room no matter how long it was closed. 

They came to a halt when Sheangs' flashlight showed something so sickly the other two were frozen at the spot.

"Hmph. it's just a real life like doll. Don't get fooled!" Sheang said as he inspected the "doll" that was hanging by countless strings attached to different parts of her body, sewn in and out of her skin in a way that looked like she was hanging by the support of her body. She had worn a gothic lolita dress with blood splattered all over it and upon her pale blue skin, her jet black hair covered her face as her head hung downwards. What made them sick were her cleanly cut feet sitting on a chair beside her body.

"We... we should leave, Ailee... this man is crazy.." Ren urged her as he held her hand tightly, but before they could run, their blood drain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter