Prologue

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Prologue

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“Are you going back now, Sehun?”

“Yes. I promised to meet a friend from other school. See you guys tomorrow.”

“Okay. Take care.”

A cute looking fifteen-year-old Sehun waved at his friend and left the school compound that evening. He checked on the wristwatch from time to time, in case he was late. While he was trying to take off his necktie, one of the buttons fell off his shirt. While grumbling, he squatted down to take the button, but something suddenly hit his head and fell on the ground, right in front of him.

“Ouch! What was that?”

He grabbed the crumbled water bottle and took a look at it while caressing his head. While frowning, the boy stood up looking in front, where a girl probably his age was slowly approaching with her eyes fixed on the phone. She’s wearing a different school uniform and she seemed rather mad about something. Young Sehun just silently stared as the girl walked passed him. He was thinking of demanding an apology since he’s sure the girl kicked the bottle and hit his head, but he was speechless to see the girl angrily typed something on her phone.

“Aish I’m going crazy. This crazy Park Chanyeol needs to get beaten.” She grumbled passing by the boy.

“E-excuse me.” Sehun called, wasn’t sure what he’s doing as well.

“What?” The girl turned around scowling, furious.

“N-nothing. Sorry.” He urgently shook his head.

“I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m sooo busy. Please don’t waste my time like this, kiddo.” She complained before focusing on her phone back and just walked away.

Sehun waited until she disappeared before he started throwing tantrum, “Who does she think she is? Seriously, kiddo? I bet she’s my age anyway. If she’s mad about something, she shouldn’t let it out on me. Busy? It’s probably just a childish couple quarrel. I bet his boyfriend pissed her off, which she really deserves. On top of that, why would this water bottle hit my head? Ugh!”

He then threw the water bottle into the bin near him before heading to the destination. After about ten minutes walk, he arrived at a famous spicy rice cake stall near his neighborhood. He smiled upon seeing his friends were already waiting at a table. He ran forward and took a seat after happily greeting his friends. While they were eating and chatting, an adult suddenly approached their table, all smiley.

“Hello, may I introduce myself?” She asked.

“We won’t be able to buy if you’re selling something. We’re still in middle school, we don’t have money.” One of Sehun’s friends answered.

“I’m not selling anything. This is my card,” She handed out a card to Sehun, “I’m a casting manager from SM Entertainment. Say young boy, will you come with me a second? I have a request.” Her eyes fixed on Sehun.

“I—I don’t know.” Sehun hesitated.

“Yah, it’s SM Entertainment. You might get to see SNSD noonas!” His other friend nudged.

“I don’t think this is right. I gotta go.”

Sehun grabbed his backpack and quickly walked away. He looked behind just to see the woman followed closely behind. The young Sehun sped up and started running, but so did the woman behind him. He eventually gave up as the woman didn’t look like she’ll give up on chasing after him. The woman approached him panting, somehow looking quite annoyed as well.

“Why did you make me running around when you’re going to stop anyways? Might just hear me out earlier.”

“Listen Miss. Just leave me alone. I’m too young to deal with scammer.”

“Hey, I’m not a scammer okay. I don’t have that talent. Come to this address next week on Sunday. You won’t regret it. I’ll make sure to reserve a place for you. You’re so perfect appearance-wise, considering you’re still young. You’ll make it big, for sure.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Didn’t you hear what your friend said before? We have SNSD. He left out TVXQ and Super Junior. Not to forget our new star, Shinee. Call me if you’re going. I’ll show you the path to fame.”

“I still don’t understand.”

“I get it. You’re still too young for this kind of business, but you’ll make it out there. See you next Sunday.” The woman finalized her words and left.

“I never said I’ll go. Weird.”

 

-------------------------------

 

            That day, Sehun and his friends were walking back home after evening class. His other friends were joking and talking to each other except for Sehun. He didn’t seem to focus on his friends as he stared on the road in front, as if he was expecting to see someone walking there. He recalled the incident where someone kicked the water bottle hitting his head, but the girl didn’t even apologize. He received an angry glare instead. Thinking about that made Sehun unknowingly smiled by himself.

“Yah Sehun, why are you smiling alone? Are you crazy?” A friend nudged him.

“Do you even hear us?” Another one asked.

“Also, why did you insist on taking this street? It’s farther and takes longer time to your home. Or… do you possibly wanna treat us snack over there?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Where do I find the money to feed all of you?” Sehun denied.

“Then why?”

“Have any of you seen a girl taking this road? She came from there,” Sehun pointed at the corner a few meters in front, “And she wears Lila High School’s uniform. I met her a few days ago.” He added.

“Oh! A high-scholar? Do you by any chance, like older girl?” His friend joked.

“No it’s nothing like that. It’s just that… she’s a fierce one. I’m just trying to warn you guys, if you meet this girl wearing Lila’s uniform, just ignore she isn’t there.” Sehun then said.

“Stop talking nonsense Sehun. Eh, we’re taking this way. See you tomorrow.”

Sehun just waved at his friend as they took different way from him. He just sighed as the girl didn’t appear, when he really hopes she would. He kept walking until he actually arrived in front of a high school. A few students were seen coming out from the gate wearing the same uniform as the girl from before. Sehun decided to take a rest under a tree near the school gate while watching the older students passing by. Suddenly, he felt something fell onto his shoulder. Sehun took a glance at his right shoulder and his eyes widen to see a big fat caterpillar was there, moving.

“Warghh!!!” He jumped around while urgently shrugged the caterpillar away.

“I’m sorry but that was funny.” Someone talked to him while giggling.

Sehun lifted up his face and he’s lost of words seeing the girl stood there, smiling. He couldn’t help but to be amazed by her beautiful smile, which was really contrary to her furious scowling face from before. Sehun sheepishly smiled as he didn’t know what to say or how to response at her sudden appearance. It was rather embarrassing, because he just hopped around like a coward because of a caterpillar.

“Are you okay? By the way, what are you doing here?” The girl asked.

“I was just… resting.” He randomly answered.

“Ah I see. I don’t usually talk to stranger like this. But since I’m in a good mood today, and I’m really happy too, so I’ll treat you a delicious hot steamed bun over there. Come with me.”

Sehun was extremely flustered when the girl grabbed his wrist and led him to a small stall in front of the school, selling steamed bun with various flavors to choose. Both of them chose their favorite flavors and the girl later paid for them. Sehun was really awkward as he didn’t expect this sudden encounter, especially when she’s very different from before. The girl soon excused herself and left after paying, and that made Sehun heaved out a relieving sigh.

“Shoot! She’s so pretty smiling!”

 

----------------------------

 

It’s the last weekday for the week, and the young Sehun was seen dashing out of the school gate, rushing somewhere. Ignoring his friends that were calling and the flustered people around, his mind was already set to reach his destination as soon as people. He arrived in front of Lila High School where crowd of students were exiting the gate. He panted, catching his breath as he finally stopped running. The high school students were giving him strange looks but he was too busy gasping for air. He stood there like a guard while the students passed by from groups to individuals until he could barely see any students at all.

“Where is she?” He muttered to himself.

He was thinking on resting under the tree but that reminded him of the caterpillar. As he was about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter