Final

Shush I've got an appointment

April 20th; the day that you had scheduled in for weeks to get your tonsils removed. You were sick (pun not intended) of all the colds that you were having. Your boyfriend Junmyeon kept telling you to live healthily and to eat as such but nothing seemed to help making you better. You had been eating tons of vegetables, fruit and on top of that even taking vitamins and other remedies to cure your constant poor health. He had been worried, overly worried. It stressed you out a but considering how much he fussed over you. It is THE reason why you are alone in the hospital bed waiting for the nurse to take you away to the operation room.

The room was depressing and the air smelled like too many mixed cleaning products and it was making you nauseous. Your parents had to work and considering you had to become an adult eventually you decided to do this alone. But you admit it would be nice if someone was here to hold your hand right now. You contemplated calling your overly fussy and protective boyfriend but he was too busy with his packed schedule. He had photoshoots today and dance practice so you didn’t want to drag him away. A nurse came by to tell you that you would be transported to the operation room in 10 minutes. You brought your music with you since it calms you down immensely whenever you feel the least bit poorly. It was your escape route. You decided to listen to Unfair. It was a song from your boyfriend’s latest album. When you two met you had no idea that he was an important musician and aspiring actor. To you he just looked like a student. A very handsome student, the one that attends all his classes, is smart and reads a lot of books in his spare time. You weren’t completely wrong with that impression since upon everything he had taken on he was also studying at one of the top universities in the country. You were surprised that he even had time for a girlfriend but considering on how many dates he took you, he took the relationship very seriously. He dragged you to different restaurants just because he wants you to try every type of food. He took you to musicals, concerts, comedians, contemporary theatre, anything to improve your cultural knowledge. He made you read books he loves. He introduced you to the music his group makes and that of his friends. He did and share everything with you. You were grateful for the fact that he made the effort to fit you into his busy schedule as much as he did. He was the best guy a girl could have and not to brag or anything, but he was all yours.

The 10 minutes flew by and before you knew it you were being taken to the operation room. Just when you thought you were safe you heard shouting coming from behind you. “[Y/N] WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING HIDING THIS FROM ME. I HAD TO HEAR FROM YOUR MOTHER THAT YOU WERE HAVING AN OPERATION? I WAS WORRIED SICK AND RUSHED HERE IMMEDIATELY….” Junmyeon shouted angrily. You wanted to disappear into the bed, trying to get the blankets to swallow you like a giant bed monster. He finally caught up with you and quickly grabbed your hand, asking the nurse to stop. “Why did you hide this? Honey I’d like to know if anything serious happens in your life.” Junmyeon continued but was shushed rather rudely by the nurse and told he could wait in the waiting room. The look on his face was priceless and you giggled at him. He smiled, apologized to the nurse, kissed you on the forehand before quickly telling you that the conversation wasn’t over. Even though you were worried the rant would continue you did feel relieved that someone was with you.

The operation went great. Your tonsils were removed successfully and the doctor said that you would be feel a lot better in the next few days. But the best thing now was that when you got back to your room you got ice cream to bring the swelling down. The one thing you weren’t looking forward too was the talk you had to have with your handsomely worried boyfriend who was positively angry about the fact you hid this 15 minute operation. You sighed at the thought. You were wheeled through the halls and you passed the glass windows and doors of the waiting room. You saw Junmyeon sitting there so you asked the nurse to stop and you waved at him. He got up and ran to your side only to collapse with one of the big glass windows, smacking into it full force. You laughed cause it looked too funny before he made eye contact with you. He looked pitiful, hands in front of his nose, tears in his eyes and a red blotch on his forehead. When he appeared by your side you just had to a wee bit. “Well thank god we are in a hospital”.

The nurses, at least the female ones, fussed over Junmyeon even after he politely assured all of them that he was more than fine. You tried to shoo every one of them out of the room so that you could have quality time with your boyfriend. The last fussy nurse left the room. “Thank god finally some alone time” you said annoyed. Junmyeon bend over the bed to peck you on your lips. “Someone jealous?” he asked. “I am if all the cute nurses throw themselves at you” was your answer. He laughed at this and then claimed you were way cuter than any other ordinary girl in a nurse outfit. That included normal and ty. You just rolled your eyes at him and slapped his arm for being crude. Now that he got your attention the topic of you hiding this appointment was once again brought up.

“Honey… I know I fuss about you all the time but that’s just because I love you”. Awww this was cute!! You cooed internally. You could never get bored of him saying he loves you. “If you have to go somewhere I will happily clear my schedule. You’re inportant.” Junmyeon continued. You were about to protest and say that his schedules, his work was important too but he quickly cut you off. “Yes my work is important too but I think going to the hospital with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with is of more importance” he said confidently.

You were shocked. The woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with? This almost sounded like a proposal but you were defenitely not ready for that. You were too young. It did do you good that he was so loyal and committed to you, willing to put aside his work just to accompany you do stupid doctor appointments. “That almost sounded like a proposal you cheese ball!” You said teasingly nudging his arm. “Cheese balls? WHERE?!” you heard Yixing exclaim when you say the rest of exo enter your room with balloons, flowers and a huge teddy bear holding a heart. Yup, your boyfriend and his friend were definitely the best people in the entire world. And this beat the going through this operation alone. You hit yourself on the head for being so stupid and promised everyone that next time you wouldn’t go through it alone.

*****

A/N: Yaaaaay another oneshot. I had fun writinf this and I have noticed that it gets better every time. I hope that's reflecting in my writing as well. Anyway thank you for reading this. I hope you loved it.