α Reviewing Applications

Beneath the Story: Tips and Guides to Apply Fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Reviewing Applications   

Not all authors give out reviews. Most apply fics offer a review, their reviews containing a wide range of opinions; from mere positive reviews to very honest positive and negative reviews. They usually make reviews to help the applicants and to share their opinions while some only do it because others do.There are also some apply fics where they don't give reviews for various reasons. Some don't give out reviews just because they don't find the need to, while some don't give reviews because they have a history of being harsh when it comes to reviews.

Before reviewing, an author should first think if reviewing is really necessary or not, and if it would benefit her/him and the applicants. Everything has a pro and con to it, so let's discuss the pros and cons of reviewing.

Pros
1. You'll have a more organize opinion and thought of each application. If you give out specifics in your review, you'll find it easier to recall all the good and bad thigs in an application. Forgetfulness is something that can happen all of us in different times, moods,  etc. Since we all have our personal lives, our fangirl lives, school/work lives, and our writing lives, it's not impossible that we forget some certain applications and the info inside them. Having tons of applicants that holds so much information doesn't help either. I've experienced in the past wherein I forgot about one of the applicants even though I really liked her application. I only got to remember about the info of the application when I read my review regarding their application.

2. Applicants can get a chance to edit or alter their applications. Imagine yourself applying for a fanfic and the author rejects your application or labels that your application has mistakes or incomplete or stuff like that, and you don't even know what you did wrong since they don't give out reviews. It's a stressing thing, not knowing if or what you did wrong, and we, applicants, sometimes don't realize that some information in the application is incomplete, or unmatching, and the like. Sometimes, the author really needs to step in so that the applicant can fix their mistake. This goes in life as well. We, humans, are very capable of making mistakes, and sometimes, we're not aware of what we do wrong. We need the people around us to step up and explain what we did wrong so that we may learn and become a better person.

3. A continuation of number 2; Allowing applicants to change or alter their application results to better applications and more applicatants to choose from. There are times when we rule out some applicants because of the mistakes they have in their application, but if we allow them to change their application, we won't have to rule them out. Doing so, we'll have a broader number of applicants to choose from and there will be more possible differences between the characters.

Cons
1. Giving out opinions can give the applicants an idea of who you are choosing. Though not always, when an applicant receives a rather negative review or if another applicant -especially of the same plotline- receives a better review than them, they have a tendency to lose interest in your story thinking that you won't choose them. When you praise an applicant for a specific plotline, it is possible as well that other hoping applicants would stay away from that specific plotline, thinking that you've already chosen an applicant for that plotline, thus making them apply for another plotline or not apply at all. An author wouldn't be abl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter