α Starting an Apply Fic

Beneath the Story: Tips and Guides to Apply Fics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Starting an Apply Fic  

When starting an apply fic, one would think that the first thing you should think about is the plot. Well, of course, the plot is very important since without it you don't have a story at all. But other than the plot itself, before starting an apply fic, I strongly think that the author must think real hard if they are able to keep the story going. A handful, heck, majority of the apply fics here on aff end up being discontinued. Why?

1. Some authors easily lose interest in their apply fic. With their lost interest, authors react differently afterwards. Some notify their subscribers then deletes it, some just simply delete their story, some makes a new apply fic and holds their current apply fic while some also deletes their apply fic and creates a new one.

2. A new, better, and more interesting idea comes into mind. This is basically like a continuation of number 1. Authors have so many places, movies, music, happenings to get inspiration from. It's not hard to get inspired, especially as a k-pop fan with all those dramas, music videos and fangirl fantasies. This new idea makes them lose interest in their first fic and soon they just give up on the first fic and create another one with their new inspiration, which actually tends to be a cycle as the author may or may not lose interest in their new fic as well by time.

3. Busy with sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter