What Happened Between Us (The Past Chapter 1)

RESTART

The Past - Part 1

[This chapter contains no scene from the Present Timeline]


The night sky was beautifully lit as the stars wrapped themselves around the moon. The wind rustled the leaves of the forest, which surrounded them for miles all around. The early birds had gone to bed, while the night owls signaled their arrival, becoming a new instrument in nature’s cacophony. A warm fire flickered slightly as it consumed the crackling wood beneath it, its insatiable flame devouring everything it touched.

A few branches were angled downward towards the fire, skewered onto the end of each stick was a marshmallow. They slightly melted and collapsed as they roasted; the smell wafted through the air and stirred the attendees’ hunger.

That smells good,” Solar took a whiff.

“Yeah,” Moonbyul nodded, “let’s finish setting up this—wait, what’s that smell,” she took a moment to confirm her suspicion. “It’s burning. It’s burning!”

They quickly rushed over to the fire and to their chagrin, they saw the smoldering marshmallows rolling about in the fire pit.

“What a waste,” Solar pouted. “They’ve fallen off!” She stared in horror as the fallen marshmallows continued to disintegrate.

“No worries. No worries,” Moonbyul reassured her, “the next ones will be better.” She tapped her chest confidently.

“Really?”

“Of course! Leave it to me.” She exclaimed. “I’ll make some delicious S’mores for you!”

“Okay,” Solar smiled and nodded, “you’re the best,” she gave Moonbyul a quick peck on the lips.

Moonbyul scratched her head as she smiled shyly.

“Oh crap, our tent!”

Moonbyul suddenly recalled that she was in the midst of setting up their sleeping area when she had to abandon it partway through. She turned toward the tent and sighed at its sorry state. It had partly collapsed as though it was desperately trying to garner some attention.

“It’s fine. It’s fine,” Solar reassured. “We can fix it. We can fix it!” She said happily.

Moonbyul smiled sweetly and nodded.

“What a disaster.” She mumbled to herself. “I’d even studied up on camping beforehand to show that I had some experience.”

I wonder if she took notice of my lack of camping skills, Solar thought to herself. But then, it seems we’re both pretty terrible at this.

They smiled at each other nervously before heading back to their tent. They checked the instructions once again before they continued setting it up. It wasn’t long before they finished and laid out their sleeping bags inside. They double checked to make sure everything was good before they went back to making S’mores.

This time they sat by the fire; Moonbyul was in charge of holding their marshmallow sticks in the proper orientation. Meanwhile, Solar grabbed the acoustic guitar she’d brought along and started playing. Her elegant fingers gracefully plucked the strings as she seamlessly moved from one chord to the next. The music stole Moonbyul’s heart and attention, almost causing her to drop the marshmallow sticks into the fire pit once again. Solar giggled at the frantic Moonbyul, who quickly yanked their food out of harm’s way.

“You’re not helping!”

“But your face—it’s so funny!” She held onto her stomach as she laughed. “Oh it hurts too much!” She proclaimed without stopping.

Moonbyul sighed before a devilish smirked formed on her face. She sneakily opened the jar of chocolate hazelnut spread while Solar was busy making fun of her. She dug some out with her fingers and turned back toward Solar.

“Solar ah~,” she called out playfully.

“Hm?” She managed to dial down her laughter and turned toward Moonbyul.

Moonbyul hid her chocolate-covered hand behind her and slowly made her approach.

“What’s wrong?” Solar got a bit anxious. “Why are you smiling like that?”

“It’s nothing~” she spoke unconvincingly.

“Don’t come any closer!” Solar warned.

She slightly leaned back and raised her arms in the air to form an X. Moonbyul wasn’t deterred by Solar’s defense as she continued her approach. Once she was close enough to Solar, she leaned in to give her a kiss. Solar closed her eyes and let down her guard. Moonbyul smiled even wider once she saw how helpless Solar had become. Instead of kissing Solar, she decided to smear the chocolate in her hand on Solar’s face.

The sudden cold gooey feeling surprised Solar and caused her to scream. When she opened her eyes, Moonbyul gave her a quick peck and jumped away. Solar wiped the chocolate off with her fingers and looked at it, before glaring up at Moonbyul.

“Stupid Moonbyul!”

She got up and chased after Moonbyul, grabbing the bag of marshmallows along the way.

“Catch me if you can,” she teased.

“Stupid Moonbyul. Come back here!”

“You can’t catch me! You can’t catch me!”

“Come back here!!”

Solar wanted to smeared some chocolate onto Moonbyul as well, but she was unable to get close enough. She decided to throw marshmallows at Moonbyul instead. Moonbyul caught some and stuffed them in .

“Thanks! I was hungry.”

She grinned widely, which made Solar even more furious; she started throwing handfuls of marshmallows instead of one by one.

“Hey! Hey!” Moonbyul protested. “You’re gonna attract the wildlife. You’re not suppose to feed them, you know.”

Solar grumbled and threw the whole bag at Moonbyul before giving chase once more. After they got their fill of fun and food, they laid down to watch the stars. The gentle breeze brushed pass their skin and cooled them down. Solar laid her head on Moonbyul’s chest and Moonbyul embraced her, kissing her forehead. The stars were shining brightly in the sky as it watched over them. Solar raised her hand in the air to reach for the sky. Moonbyul followed and merged their hands together.

She asked Moonbyul for a story and Moonbyul accepted the request without hesitation. Solar listened attentively. Feeling safe and secure in Moonbyul’s embrace, she fell asleep part way through the tale.

“Hey, hey, wake up. Wake up, sleepyhead.”

A gentle voice called out to her. She lifted her head up from Moonbyul’s shoulder and rubbed her eyes. There was endless chatter going on around her as people slowly walked by. She glanced around the theater and noticed that everyone was on their way out.

“The movie’s over?” Solar questioned as she yawned.

“Yep. You slept through it.”

“Sorry, sorry.” she stretched her body, feeling a bit refreshed from her nap.

“Busy day at work?”

“I suppose. There were some patients giving us a hard time.”

“Why didn’t you stay home and rest?”

“I wanted to spend more time with you.”

“I’d rather you get more rest. We can see each other anytime.”

“But I miss you,” Solar acted cutely.

“I miss you too,” Moonbyul gently ruffled her hair.

“Let’s go. Let’s go,” Solar said excitedly, “everyone left already.”

They held tightly onto each other hand as they stride toward the exit.

“It’s snowing! It’s snowing!”

Solar eagerly ran outside, forgetting to put on the rest of her winter outfit. The cold breeze, in contrast to the warm air of the theater, sent chills down her spine. However, she showed no sign of being bothered by it. She spun around in place, smiling happily as the cold snowflakes melted on her warm skin. The warmth of her breath created a large cloud of vapor as she exhaled. The gentle snowfall was mesmerizing. She held out her hand and watched as the snowflakes settled into it before vanishing.

Moonbyul shook her head and smiled, watching the happy yet childish Solar getting excited over the snow. She went out after Solar, whose nose had became slightly pink. Solar sniffled as she looked up at Moonbyul, still smiling happily. Moonbyul helped her put on her earmuffs and scarf, before grabbing her hands to warm them up.

“Do you feel warmer now?” Moonbyul questioned sweetly.

Solar nodded shyly.

“Are you hungry?”

“Yeah,” Solar replied softly.

“Let’s go get some food then.”

“Okay~.”

Moonbyul placed her arm around Solar’s shoulders and Solar wrapped her arm around Moonbyul’s waist as they headed toward their car. They drove to a popular restaurant nearby that had become a popular hangout spot for young people recently. It had an elegant yet modern design inside and out. As they expected, it was quite packed. Luckily for them, there were still some tables available. The waitress showed them to their seats and presented them with the menus.

“Can I start you off with something to drink?”

“Chocolate milkshake,” Solar replied.

“Hot tea for me, thank you.”

“Coming right up,” the waitress happily replied.

They glanced through the menu while the waitress prepared their drinks. It wasn’t long before she came back with their beverages.

“Do you need another minute?”

Moonbyul pondered for a second before she asked, “what are your Valentine’s Day specials?”

The waitress pulled out a smaller menu from her pocket and showed it to them.

“The couples’ steak special is currently our most popular item.”

The waitress turned the page to the food she’d mentioned and let them check it out. The steaks came in pairs and cut into heart shapes. There were a variety of desserts, also heart-shaped, to choose from, as well as many side dishes to accompany their meal. They flipped through the special menu and found only one other item that piqued their interests. It was a five-course Korean BBQ with complimentary wine.

They chose the latter and waited for the meal to arrive. It was a lot fancier than what was shown in the picture. Their stomachs grumbled as they waited for the waitress to finish putting their food on the table. Once she was done, she bid them to enjoy their meal and left. They each made a lettuce wrap, and their first thought was to feed each other. They both smiled and accepted the affection. The food was delicious, especially when they made it for one another. They closed their eyes and placed their heads together.

The sweet melody from the car radio surrounded them. They smiled as they felt the calmness and joy of being in each other’s presence, a feeling they’d never felt from anyone else. They opened their eyes and looked at each other. An indescribable happiness filled their hearts and made them speechless. They could only look at each other and smile. After a while, Moonbyul spoke in an almost uncontrollable squeal of joy.

“I want to show you something.”

“What is it?”

“You’ll see when we get there.”

“Come on, tell me,” Solar pleaded cutely.

“No, I won’t give in to that!”

“Please~”

“No, I can’t!” Moonbyul looked away. “You’ll have to wait till we get there.”

“Alright,” she said sullenly.

Moonbyul started the engine and drove off to the promised destination. On their way there, Moonbyul handed Solar a red bandanna, which was neatly folded.

“What’s this for?” Solar raised her brow.

“It’s for your eyes.”

“My eyes?”

“Yep. You’ll have to cover your eyes.”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes! It’s a surprise.”

“What kind of surprise?”

“If I told you, then it wouldn’t be a surprise. Now, put it on. Put it on.”

“Okay~” Solar complied. “This had better be worth it.”

“It will be. I promise.”

Once Moonbyul stopped the car, Solar could hear the soft ocean waves crashing against the rocks. When the door opened, the alluring breeze tickled her nose with the refreshing smell from the sea. Are we by the ocean? What is she trying to do? Moonbyul held onto Solar as she led her down an unknown path. Where is she taking me? The sand beneath their feet was still warm from baking in the summer heat.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Just a bit more,” Moonbyul said happily. “No peeking.”

“I won’t.”

She led Solar for a little more distance before asking Solar to wait for her to get ready. She got into position and tried to calm her nerve. You can do this. You can do this. She took in a few deep breaths and slowly exhale. You’ve been practicing for this. You can do it! You will do it!

“Are you ready?” Solar asked again impatiently.

“One moment,” she glanced around her surroundings once more before she spoke. “Okay, I’m ready. You can take it off now.”

Solar took a deep breath as she prepared for another round of teasing by Moonbyul. She pulled off the bandanna, and to her surprise found a breathtaking sight. A pathway of candles light laid before her. It led to a heart made of flowers, where Moonbyul was waiting in its center. She was down on one knee, with a bouquet of flowers on one hand and an engagement ring on the other. Moonbyul looked at Solar with a joyful smile on her face as she whispered for Solar to approach. The sight brought tears to Solar’s eyes, she was so happy it seemed as though she’d forgotten how to move.

“What are you waiting for, unnie? Go!”

A voice behind her nudged at her back as it pushed her to move forward. She turned around and found Whee-In and Hwasa.

“What are you two doing here?” She sniffled and wiped away her tears.

“How could we miss this moment?” Hwasa grinned. “Now go, she’s waiting for you.”

Solar nodded and happily approached Moonbyul. Although the tears kept on rolling down her eyes, her smile never left her face. She stood in front of Moonbyul, who cheerily smiled back at her.

“Although you’re crying tears of joy, somehow it still pain me to see you cry.”

She paused for a moment to stop herself from tearing up as well.

“Solar ah,” she took a deep breath. “We’ve been through a lot together. But there’s still a lot more I want us to experience together. I want to grow old with you. I want us to be able to laugh together, cry together, walk the rest of our life hand in hand.”

She her dry lips and wiped away the tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

“Solar ah, I can’t imagine my life without you. Will you do me the honor of spending the rest of your life with me? Will you—will you marry me?” Her voice cracked slightly.

Solar nodded, her lips opened and moved to give her response but the words didn’t came out. Her face was wet with tears, but the joy she felt never left her for a moment. She accepted the flowers and held her hand forward for Moonbyul to put the ring on her finger; it was a perfect fit. Moonbyul got up and they hugged each other tightly.

“I love you,” Moonbyul whispered as she cried tears of joy as well.

“I love you too.”

Whee-In and Hwasa celebrated the union by dancing around them and throwing confetti into the air. Moonbyul lifted her up and spun her around.

“SHE SAID YES!!!” She screamed excitedly. “SHE SAID YES!!!”

“You’re making me dizzy,” Solar playfully slapped Moonbyul’s shoulder.

She let Solar down and continued to embrace Solar as she spoke.

“You don’t know how happy you made me feel.”

“Me too. You’ve made me really happy.”

The moonlight shone brightly above them, lighting up their surroundings as they tried to catch one another in a game of tag. The cool breeze carried their laughter, drowning out the crashing waves. Their world only encompassed each other; they knew neither sorrow nor pain, just the joy that their hearts brought along. They all ran around until they were exhausted.

They sat down to catch their breaths; leaning their backs against the car and using its shade to hide from the sun. Sweat rolled off their faces and created tiny puddles on the ground. They fanned themselves with their shirts, which had become damp. Moonbyul quickly wiped her face with her sleeve and sighed as she stared at the boxes that still needed to be moved.

“Unnie, catch!”

Moonbyul looked toward Hwasa who just threw a bottle at her. She caught it without much problem.

“Thanks for the water.”

She quickly opened it and proceeded to chug the water. She could feel the cold liquid running through her veins, cooling her from the inside. She poured some on her head and felt rejuvenated.

“Thanks for helping us move,” Moonbyul raised the bottle toward Hwasa as though it was a glass of wine.

“Don’t mention it.” She took a sip of water. “Man, I envy those two right now.”

“Who?”

“Solar and Whee-In, who else?”

“Why?”

“They get to be inside while we’re out here getting cooked by the sun. Don’t you want to trade places with them?”

“Not really.”

“Why not?” Hwasa raised her brow.

“They have to clean and organize the whole place. They’re probably still cleaning while we’re sitting here chatting.”

“You’re right. I’m gonna rest a bit more,” Hwasa smiled as she laid her head down. “Speaking of which,” she suddenly turned toward Moonbyul.

“What is it?”

“You guys got engaged not long ago, and you’re already moving in together.”

“It’s been almost two months.”

“Then when is the big day?”

“We’re still planning for it. I want it to be unforgettable,” Moonbyul smiled shyly.

“Then why not wait till after the wedding to do all this?”

“I want to spend more time with her. Moving in together is the best choice. She also wants the same thing.”

“As long as you two are happy.”

“We are.”

“Well, when you have a date for your wedding, don’t forget to invite us.”

“That will never happen.”

“Make sure it doesn’t. I’ll get angry if you do.”

“What about you?”

“What about me?”

“Don’t you want to settle down with Whee-In?”

Hwasa laughed before she replied, “I still want to be free for a little longer.”

“HWASA! MOONBYUL! GET YOUR BUTTS MOVING!!!”

They heard a constant squealing but couldn’t make out its contents. They glanced around but found no one else nearby. They looked at each other and sighed, as if they already knew who was screaming. They decided to look up to the fifth floor of the apartment building. Their suspicion was confirmed. Whee-In was swirling her fist in the air and screaming something fierce, but then she suddenly disappeared; she was most likely pulled back in by Solar.

“See what I mean?” Hwasa commented.

Moonbyul shook her head and chuckled. “Well, that’s our cue to get moving.”

Hwasa could do naught but agree. They stacked the rest of the boxes onto the two hand trucks and brought them up to the apartment, where Solar and Whee-In were waiting. Whee-In was pouting, it seemed as though Solar had given her a scolding. As for Solar, she happily greeted them with open arms. Hwasa and Moonbyul decided to join the cleaning crew and Solar assigned each of them a task.

Hwasa was trying to make Whee-In laugh by doing goofy dances as she cleaned. It didn’t take long for Whee-In to burst into laughter and dance along. Moonbyul and Solar joined in soon after. They cranked up the music and danced to their hearts’ content, it distracted them from their tasks. It wasn’t long before they heard banging accompanied by screaming for them to quiet down. They looked at each other and giggled softly. They turned down the music and went back to what they were doing.

Solar went into the kitchen and prepared some more food. She had just finished sauteing another dish of vegetables. She turned off the heat and wiped her hands, before grabbing her oven mitts. She removed a large fish from the wooden steamer, its delectable smell filled the kitchen and wafted throughout the house.

“You’re making us hungry unnie,” Whee-In yelled.

“My stomach is growling!” Hwasa added.

“It’ll be done soon,” Solar spoke as she set the new dishes down alongside the many already on the table.

“You sure you don’t need our help?” Hwasa looked up at her.

“You already helped us move in. So just enjoy yourselves today.”

“Okay~” Whee-In and Hwasa responded simultaneously.

Moonbyul came back with two bags of beverages and a person, who was striding confidently alongside her. He was about her height with an average built. His gut was slightly protruding from his navy blue dress shirt. He looked to be in his late thirties with fresh razor cuts on his face. His cologne was overwhelming, as though he’d sprayed on half a bottle before coming over.

“Come in. Come in.” Moonbyul quickly invited him into her home. “Everyone,” she said excitedly, “I want you to meet someone. This is Kang-Dae. He’s a friend from work.”

“Please to meet you,” Solar gave a bow.

“Nice to meet you,” Hwasa and Whee-In bowed their head to greet him.

“Yo.”

He casually waved his hand, disregarding any traditions and formalities, which was off-putting for Solar, Hwasa, and Whee-In. They glanced at each other awkwardly before looking back his way with a wry smile on their faces.

“Please have a seat,” Solar continued to give her best hospitality.

“Yeah, make yourself at home,” Moonbyul smiled as they sat down.

“Don’t mind if I do,” he snickered.

“Here you go.”

Moonbyul passed around the drinks she’d just brought home and they thanked her in their own way. Solar gave her a kiss before heading back into the kitchen to grab the rest of the dishes she’d prepared. As she walked away, Kang-Dae checked her out from behind and whistled. He turned toward Moonbyul and pretended he was whispering.

“Your girlfriend has a nice piece of . I wouldn’t mind tapping that.”

Moonbyul laughed with him as though they were telling a joke only they understood. Hwasa and Whee-In looked at each other and furrowed their brows.

“Unnie,” Hwasa spoke sternly. “Don’t you think what he said was highly inappropriate?”

“I agree,” Whee-In chimed in. “How could you laugh about that?”

“Damn, calm your .” He scoffed. “It was just a joke.”

“Hey, watch your mouth,” Hwasa warned.

“It’s not funny,” Whee-In spoke sternly.

“Lighten up guys.” Moonbyul sighed. “He didn’t mean any harm by it.”

“Yeah, damn man,” he turned toward Moonbyul. “I didn’t know ‘your friends’ couldn’t take a joke,” he scoffed.

“They’re just—”

“Your joke was in poor taste,” Hwasa cut in. “There was nothing funny about it.”

“That’s cause you have no sense of humor,” he spoke condescendingly.

“Or maybe you have no sense of shame. I have only one word to describe your humor. Want to know what it is?”

“What?”

“So eager!” she teased and Whee-In snickered. “I guess I’ll clue you in, seeing as how you’re begging.”

“Why you little—”

“Guys—” Moonbyul tried to diffuse the situation.

“It’s rotten, just like its owner.” She shook her head as though she was judging him.

“You little bi—”

“I have an idea. Why not take it back for a refund? Oh wait, I forgot,” she acted surprise, “it’s non-refundable, isn’t it? Should I take it out with the trash? It’s stinking up the place.”

Whee-In had turned away and covered , but it was still apparent that she was laughing. Kang-Dae gritted his teeth and huffed. As he was about to make a retort, which he thought was clever, Moonbyul intervened.

“Hwasa, that’s quite enough.” She looked toward Kang-Dae apologetically. “I’m sorry about that. She’s not usually like that. Forgive and forget?”

He forced himself to smile before he replied. “Anything for you buddy.”

He tapped Moonbyul’s shoulder and momentarily scowled at Hwasa.

“Hwasa?” Moonbyul raised her brow as she looked in Hwasa’s direction.

“Fine,” Hwasa reluctantly agree as she rolled her eyes.

The light and fun atmosphere had been replaced by a silent and stuffy one. Solar brought out the rest of the dishes and sat down. She tried her best to pretend she hadn’t heard anything so she could still play the good host, but it was difficult. The only ones who were enjoying themselves the rest of the evening were Moonbyul and Kang-Dae. They drank and recounted their stories from work. From time to time, Moonbyul would turn toward them and asked a quick question, which they didn’t understand, so all they did was nod.

They had never seen Moonbyul act this way before. It was as if she was a completely different person, someone they’d never met. They glanced at each other worriedly, but all they could do was watch over her. They were not fond of Kang-Dae, not just because of his rudeness or arrogance, but because he gave them an uneasy feeling. The type of feeling they’d get when someone was bad news, like a toxic fume that poisoned anything it touched.

Hwasa and Whee-In didn’t feel at ease leaving Solar with two drunkards, especially with someone like Kang-Dae. They stayed behind for a while before dragging him away to let Solar and Moonbyul rest. Solar saw them out before she headed back toward Moonbyul, who was sitting at the table.

“You should wash up and rest. I’ll clean up.”

Moonbyul sighed. “Why?”

“What?” She looked at Moonbyul and raised her brow. “Why wouldn’t I clean up?”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“What did you mean then?”

“Why didn’t you try to make him feel welcome? He was a guest and my friend.”

Solar took a deep breath and sighed. “I did.”

“You could’ve tried harder.”

She furrowed her brow at Moonbyul’s words. “Let’s not talk about this.”

“Hwasa and Whee-In don’t like him. Fine. But why you?”

“You’re drunk. It’s best if you go and rest.”

“No, no, tell me. I really want to know.”

“I really don’t want to talk about him.” she said impatiently.

“You’re my partner. I want to know why you don’t like my friend?”

She slightly slammed her hands onto the table and took a deep breath, before she replied. “There’s no reason. I just don’t.”

“Was it because of his joke? Come on Solar, that’s just petty. Fine, it was a bit vulgar, but that’s no reason to hate him. He’s a good person.”

“Whatever you say.”

“You just have to get to know him better.”

“Sure.”

“It’s clear you don’t want to see me right now. Fine, I’ll leave.”

Moonbyul dragged herself to bed. Solar sat down and buried her face in her hand as she sighed. She felt a sting in her heart and tears unknowingly dripped into her palms. What’s this? Why am I crying? She smiled sadly as she wiped them away. She’d toiled all-day, but the tiredness only caught up to her now that she was alone. She rested her head and closed her eyes.

“Solar? Solar?”

Someone grabbed her arm and shook her awake. She looked up at the person sitting across from her, who she knew only too well. When their eyes met, she greeted Solar with a smile and Solar smiled back.

“Mi-Cha? What brought you here?”

“We’re at work. Why wouldn’t I be here?” She teased.

“Really?” Solar said sarcastically as she tapped her fingers on the table.

“Sorry, sorry. I know that’s not what you meant,” she laughed. “I just couldn’t help it. Anyway, I wanted to tell you our shift is over.”

“Oh my god, did I sleep through it? I’m really sorry.”

“It’s alright. I got your back.” She winked.

“Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it. Think of it as an apology since I couldn’t make it to your housewarming party yesterday.”

“You’re lucky you weren’t there.” Solar sighed. “You would’ve hated it.”

“Why?” Mi-Cha raised her brow. “Did something happen?”

“The party was a disaster.”

Solar recounted the events of yesterday evening as they gathered their belongings and left the hospital together. They stood in the parking lot and leaned against their car as they chatted. Mi-Cha listened and let Solar vent her frustration, only giving her input when Solar asked a question. Solar felt better after talking to Mi-Cha. She thanked Mi-Cha for listening before they bid their farewell.

Moonbyul came over and hugged her when she got home. She felt a warmth and happiness in Moonbyul’s embrace. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the peace of mind this moment had brought. It helped her forget the sadness and tiredness that was dragging her down. It made her felt as though she’d fallen in love once again.

“Welcome home.” Moonbyul spoke in a sweet voice.

“I’m home.” She replied softly.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.”

“It’s alright. I know you didn’t mean it.”

“That’s still no excuse. I promise I won’t do it again.”

Solar gave her a kiss before she spoke. “I know.”

Solar went to take a shower while Moonbyul leaned against the door frame, her arms and legs crossed, as they continued their chat.

“I thought you’d be home earlier.”

“I was talking to Mi-Cha and didn’t look at the time.”

“Mi-Cha? That friend from work you told me about?”

“Yeah.”

“How come she wasn’t here yesterday?”

“She had to work and couldn’t make it.”

“Well, if there’s a chance, I’d like to meet her.”

“I’d like that as well.”

Solar wrapped a towel around her body after she dried herself off. She sat down on the bed and proceeded to dry her hair with an extra towel. Moonbyul offered to help and Solar gave her the towel. After she dried Solar’s hair, she carefully combed it and made sure it wasn’t tangled. Solar gave her a kiss and thanked her before getting dressed.

As she was putting on her clothes, her stomach grumbled; it angrily growled at her for neglecting to give it nutrients. Moonbyul laughed and she playfully slapped Moonbyul’s arm before heading to the kitchen.