Blessed

Point Of No Return

“She’s not answering” Bom felt her heart skip a beat when the answering machine asked her to leave a message again.

 

“Maybe she’s taking a shower, or ran out of battery” Dara tried to be positive, but her eyes were teary.

 

Bom covered with one hand, and a worried expression crossed her face “We’ve been calling since this morning, she never ignored our calls”

 

Dara looked at Bom crying “Bommie, What are we going to do? What if something happened to her?”

 

“We should tell Minzy first, if by 6 she still doesn’t answer we should tell YG and her mother”

 

 


 


 

“Dami, this time is for sure” Jiyong was sure of his words.

 

“I hope, you’ve been through a lot in this relationship and I don’t want you to get hurt anymore, especially because BigBang’s schedule is so full with MV’s and the expiration of the contract...” She was worried for the future of his brother and the important decision he took.

 

“Don’t worry noona, everything will be fine” Jiyong finished with a smile on his face.

 

Both were having a coffee in Dami’s favorite place. Jiyong had officially announced his relationship with Kiko, and his decision on moving to Japan. YG approved it as long as he’s able to follow the schedule.

 

Dami was drinking her coffee when she remembered Dara calling her that morning, her expression of relax changed to worry “Have you talked to Chaerin lately?”

 

“Yes, last night, Why?” Jiyong recalled what he had told her yesterday, and the way she hanged up.

 

Dami’s face softened and searched the words to say what she was about to say “Nobody can contact her, she’s not answering the phone”

 

Jiyong felt a shiver up his spine, it couldn’t be good. He feared for Chaerin’s well-being, it was all his fault, he felt something was not okay when she hanged up. But he was a coward, and didn’t call again.

 

“Ji?” His sister called

 

“Dami, I think it’s my fault… Whatever happened” He spoke worried, running a hand through his hair. “I’ll call you later, I’ll go speak with the girls”

 

“Take care, and let me know if you got news” Dami was sad and worried, she was close to Chaerin, and she knew her brother was very attached to her.

 

Jiyong nodded as he got up from his chair and headed outside.

 

 


 

 

The bright city lights broke into the room, her head was spinning and she didn’t know where she was. The smell of medicine filled her lungs, and she realized she was in the hospital.

 

A flashback was enough to remember everything that happened before being consumed by the cold darkness.

 

Someone knocked at the door and then got inside. Whipping her tears she saw a doctor enter her room.

 

“I’m your doctor, How are you feeling?” The woman spoke softly

 

“I feel dizzy and nauseous” Chaerin noticed her voice was dry and hoarse.

 

“It’s normal” The doctor said looking at the papers she held in her hands.

 

Chaerin didn’t understand what she meant “Normal?”

 

“Rest for now, when you recover fully come to my office, i’ll give you your blood test results” The doctor’s face softened, then turned to the door to go but stopped before closing the door “One more thing, the boy that brought you here is waiting outside”

 

“Ok thanks” Chaerin whispered, she wondered who could that boy be, though she was too disoriented to care that much about it.

 

The doctor left, leaving Chaerin alone with her thoughts, she regretted what she did. Her IPhone rang getting her out of her thoughts. She doubted, but then she reached out for it and saw it was Minzy.

 

“Minji” Chaerin greeted sweetly with her voice weird for being asleep for so much time.

 

“I’m so glad you’re fine” Chaerin could tell she was crying silently.

 

“Yah, don’t cry. or I’ll cry too” She chuckled sweetly.

 

“This is officially your longest nap” Minzy laughed now but was still sad and crying of happiness to have her friend back.

 

Chaerin’s hoarse laughter made Minzy laugh even more.

 

“The girls here are trying to take the phone but I want to speak with you longer, I miss yo-” Her friend was interrupted by a scream and a slam.

 

“Yeoboseyo? Chae?” This time was Dara, she seemed out of breath.

 

As the ruckus going in the back went on, Chaerin really felt blessed to have such friends. She will owe them her life after all the trouble she’s causing.

 

“Thank you” She thanked them from the very bottom of her heart. “Everything you’re doing, what you’ve done, thank you for everything” A smile formed in her lips after finishing the sentence.

 

They had the speakers on so everyone could hear what she said. Everything became quiet.

 

“We love you, don’t you ever forget that” Dara broke the silence.

 

“You take care of us almost every day, you should lean on us from time to time, we’re a team” Bom added.

 

“Come back unnie!”

 

“I miss you too, when I’m done here I’ll go back home” She won’t see Jiyong because he will move to Japan, so she thought she wouldn’t have to run away anymore.

 

“We’ll be waiting for- oh wait, someone wants to speak to you” Chaerin heard the girl’s voices leaving the room. The silence intensified and she didn’t have a clue about who was it. Maybe it was YG? ,oh if that was the case she was about to get scolded.

 

Hunchae... A gently voice pronounced.

 

She closed her heart, and cleared to avoid letting the broken sound of her voice, that she didn't have to listen to know that it will sound hurt, out.

 

“I wanted to apologize, I never thought...” He paused.

 

“It’s ok... because it’s over” She sentenced. “You won’t have to worry about me anymore” Her cold words saddened him. “And because we were once friends, I wish you none other than happiness”

 

Jiyong grew silent as she said everything, she had the right to destroy him as she wanted. Without her he wouldn’t be fully happy, but he knew being by his side would cause her pain.

 

“I want to apologize even if you don’t care about it, because although I'm being selfish, I can't live with the regret of causing you harm” His words made her heart melt and her eyes filled with tears.

 

“I told you not to worry about me, didn't I?” Chaerin lost the fight and could barely pronounce the words properly.

 

“Hunchae don't cry, please” He begged in the same state as her.

 

“Promise me that no matter what we will still be friends” She couldn't lose him, that was out of question.

 

I promess

 



 

When Chaerin felt better she picked up her belongings and headed for the doctor’s office, but when she got out of her room she saw him.

 

“Do you feel better?”

 

“Teddy oppa!” She ran to him and hugged him. “What are you doing here since you are always so busy!”

 

“I came to visit an old friend in New York when YG told me that you couldn't be contacted and asked me to check it out” He said casually “Thank god I made it on time”

 

“Thank you so much oppa!” She started crying since her life was saved because of him.

 

“You're very important to everyone in our family, but make sure you don't do that again, ok?” She nodded with her eyes wet. “I've got to go now, tomorrow I'll go back to Korea”

 

“Yeah, take care” She brushed her tears off with the back of her hand and waved as he left.

 

Before heading to the doctor's office again Chaerin went to the bathroom to wash her face. She wasn't wearing any makeup so it was ok. Seeing herself in the mirror though, had an impact on her, seeing herself as she was.

 

She brushed it off and after walking trought the corridors searching the office she found it and entered. It was empty, so she thought she'd wait.

 

After some minutes of scanning the room she looked at the desk in front of her, she could see there were some papers with her name on it. Chaerin just couldn't help but take them and read them. But she wasn't prepared for what she read. Maybe that was the reason the doctor didn't tell her before.

 

Because she wasn't ready... So not ready.