One Last Time

Point Of No Return

He did love his girlfriend. But Chaerin had this magnet that attracted him. Without even thinking he was already kissing her. And he didn't come to his senses until the damage was done.

What killed him most was that Chaerin thought the guilt was on her. It was always the same. But they needed each other.

"I'm sorry" Her eyes were full of tears.

"Chaerin..." He started.

"I told you, it was going to be the same" She ran her hands through her hair while walking with teary eyes. Jiyong stopped her and made her look into his eyes.

"It was my fault, I'm the one who should be apologizing" Jiyong rested his forehead on Chaerin's shoulder.

"We need to be apart for a while, until our minds are cold and our decisions clear out, because this, us, will cause a lot of pain if someone finds out" She laughed sarcastically but softly.

He didn't say anything, lifted his head with determination and looked at her eyes deeply, desperately.

"Chae, I'll break up with her" She looked away crying silently.

"When you say it like that I..." She covered her face with her hands and started crying louder.

"Chae, we don't have to be apart, please listen" She kept avoiding him, and backed away leaving his arms.

"No! You listen to me" She was now angry but kept on crying. " We can't keep this up any longer, even if we love each other, think about what YG is going to say" Chaerin walked around in the hotel room and stopped to look at him to see his sad expression "Will you risk your career?"

He just looked away.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way, but we as leaders must not risk our careers and groups just because we didn't think well” She paused and then looked into his eyes again “because we fell in love"

"But can't we be human for just a second in our lives? I don't give a about my ing career if I can't be with you" Jiyong looked at her one more time with sad eyes, and started walking to the door. He stopped right beside her avoiding her gaze, leaned his forehead on the side of her head, and whispered something to her ear to finally leave.

She closed her eyes and let the tears create streams in her cheeks while hugging herself, trying to stop herself from stopping him.

-Two weeks later-

"Sir, I'll work from there, i must leave as soon as possible"

Chaerin was almost begging to YG. She wanted to leave for her debut in the States earlier than expected, but he refused because she won't tell him why.

 

She kept trying to avoid Jiyong but her efforts from avoiding him were a complete failure as much as her efforts from trying not to find him herself.

"Do you really need it that much?" He was no fool, he saw the dark eye bags under her red eyes.

"Please" Her voice sounded desperate and her eyes were tearing.

YG sighed "Fine, I'll take care of it, go get some rest"

"Thank you so much" She bowed and thanked him incessantly.

"Ok, but stop crying" He felt sorry for her, he noticed everything started when he stopped seeing her and Jiyong fooling around or hanging out.

She thanked him again, bowed once more, and took off to her house.

Once she got there she sighed in relief. She thought so much in Jiyong and what happened that night after the concert that she even forgot to attend her own necessities. Chaerin was a lot thinner and her eyes puffy almost permanently.

But now she was allowed to leave, she felt all worries wash away. She needed time alone, far away from home so she could distract herself. And what's more effective than work to get distracted?.

It was almost 2 in the morning and the bell rang.

Chaerin woke up and took one hand to her chest trying to calm herself and breathe slowly.

"Who could it be this late?"

Chaerin tried to see who was it through the little window that was next to the door but it was raining so she could not see clearly.

When she opened the door she saw him standing in the rain with a bouquet of flowers on one of his hands. She instinctively ran to him and brought him inside and closed the door. Once there she covered him with a towel and started drying his hair with it. It was easier than expected because he had his head down, his hair covering his eyes.

Chaerin had a worried expression on her face that suddenly changed to confusion when Jiyong grabbed her by the wrist and showed his eyes for the first time in the night. Her heart was beating so fast she was afraid he could hear it in the intense silence that surrounded them.

He looked at her deeply, and Chaerin felt her heart heavier.

"Oppa, what happened to you?" She was worried and almost forgot everything they've been through.

Jiyong didn't answer, just hugged her tightly letting escape sobs from time to time.

"What's wrong?" She was now really worried, he kept avoiding her gaze.

"Don't leave me Hunchae" His broken voice and the mention of her nickname broke her heart in little pieces.

Truth is that she missed him, and didn't want to stop seeing him, but she knew they will suffer even more if they didn't stop. She didn't know what to say. She just let herself feel him one more time and hugged him back.

"I bought this for you" Jiyong said handing her the bouquet.

"Oppa" She paused trying not to break in front of him "I can't stay"

"Chae please, I need you here with me" Jiyong Chaerin's hair. She felt that something was wrong with him, but brushed it of thinking that it must be because of her future departure.

She backed away to put the flowers in a jar with water over a coffe table that was under the window.

"Who told you?" She knew it, but she wanted to cut trough the cold silence full of sadness that existed between them.

"YG told me, but it's because I insisted too much" He waited for his scolding but instead she started kissing him.

"Please let me do this just once more"As she kissed him her tears began to run on his cheeks too.

Jiyong didn't answer verbally, just hugged her tighter bringing them, if possible, even closer.

She needed him so much. That night he loved her, and she loved him.


Just one last time, past the point of no return.