Chapter 5

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After an hour long that feels like 82348237989 of not so peaceful hours has passed, the satan and the hamster can no longer be seen on any angles of the Bae’s house for they have left. Although it had only been a few hours after their first encounter with Seulgi, they had grown too fond of her. She had been a great “entertainment” for them.

 

But in a good way, of course.

 

The two idiots hugged the bear like she meant everything to them for a good 5 minutes, yes, they were that fond of Seulgi.

 

But they made a pack to visit again the bear again when they have the time. With more accessories, or some fun stuff, they said. “Or maybe with some costumes!” Joohyun recalled what the satan said with a devil-like grin plastered all over her face.

 

Then it was followed by “Please don’t go missing.”, “Please stay adorable,”, “We’ll be back!”, et cetera.

 

They were full of drama while Seulgi was just “:D”.Joohyun rolled her eyes.

 

 

Her train of thoughts stopped as her gaze landed on Seulgi who’s currently going through the decos on the 4 walls of the living room.

 

“What is this?” Seulgi turned her head towards Joohyun, pointing at a framed painting.

 

“That’s a painting.” Seulgi tilted her head. Looks like she needs to explain it to her.

 

 “ Colours applied on a surface to form an image of something that you wanted?” Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, not so sure about her own words.

 

“What’s an image?”

 

“What you’re seeing now is an image. I think…” The mumbled the last part, still unsure about her explanations.

 

“OOOOH I see.” The bear nodded nevertheless. Somehow the painting caught her attention. Everything caught her attention, actually, but this one is different as she traced her fingers on the canvas.

 

Just then Yeri came back from the bathroom, she plumped herself beside her unnie while drying her hair with a towel.

 

“What’s up, now?” The youngest points her chin on Seulgi who had removed her attention from the framed painting to the other side of the wall as she examining everything out of curiousity.

 

“I don’t know…” Joohyun sighed. Her dongsaeng pursed her lips as they both just eye whatever the bear is doing.

 

“Uh what should I do with her?” The oldest then pinch the bridge of the nose when Seulgi patted an empty side of the sky blue coloured wall before hugging it.

 

Seulgi is hugging the wall.

 

“Looks like we don’t have any other choice than to keep her.” Yeri held back her laughter when she sees the bear smiled, still hugging the wall.

 

“But she’s clueless about everything!”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you with that. Besides, she learns fast! Seriously! It’s like she’s gifted, by God’s grace.” Her dongsaeng chuckled, “It’ll be fun too!” She added.

 

“Well…” Joohyun heaved another sigh. She’s calmed for a moment there, though she’s supposed to be amused. But she doesn’t have the time for that, she thought.

 

There was a moment of silence after that, until a growling sound of Seulgi’s stomach echoed through it.

 

“WHAT WAS THAT?!” Seulgi stumbled backward from hugging the wall, but she managed to hold herself with her two feet, fists held out in a fighting pose as something is about to jump out and make her nose bleed again.

 

“you’re hungry.” Yeri laughed.

 

“What is hungry?”

 

The youngest just stood up and went to their fridge, Seulgi’s eyes following her. She took out a cookie and held it out to the bear’s direction. “Do you want this?”

 

“YESSSS!” The bear gasped before nodding vigorously.

 

“That’s hungry.” She then walked to the hungry bear and gave it which she happily munch down.

 

Joohyun just scratched her head at their exchanges before ordering Yeri to get one for her too for she’s also hungry.

 

“Uhh.. Unnie?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“We’re out of it.” Yeri said flatly. “We’re out of everything to be exact. I think we need to do some grocery shopping.”

 

Joohyun jolted up. “My banana milks????”

 

“I think Seulgi took the last one.”

 

Joohyun’s glare was answered by an innocent smile.

 

“No choice we need to restock anyway.” After one last sigh, she stood up, making her way to her room.

 

“But what about her?” Yeri motioned to Seulgi.

 

Her unnie stopped after climbing the first stair. She turn to Seulgi, biting her lips while eyeing her momentarily.

 

“Yeri, can you stay home and keep an eye on her?”

 

“No way, I need to look for my stuff too!” She whined.

 

The really don’t have any other choice.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The Baes stood abruptly in front of their door, wearing casual outfits like plain tee’s and skinny jeans. Seulgi’s still in her new set of clothes. Luckily her blood didn’t stain her yellow baggy shirt, but it did stain Joohyun’s.

 

They’ll only head to do some groceries, so why bother dressing up? Of course, Joohyun didn’t want people to think that she just assassinated someone.

 

 

“Seulgi?” Joohyun turned around, calling the girl who’s currently hugging the empty wall on the right side of the corridor.

 

“Mmmyes?” The bear said, with one eye open in the same position.

 

“Come here.” Seulgi pulled back and walked towards her master. “What is it?”

 

“Um.. we’re going out now.” She stared at the bear. “Stay by me or Yeri’s side okay?” She held the taller by her shoulders and tilted her head forward to look up into her eyes.

 

“Okay!”

 

“You ready?” Joohyun looks at her dongsaeng who just grinned back.

 

Holding into Seulgi’s hand, she took a deep breathe before twisting the front door open. “Here goes nothing.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

After what seems like forever to Joohyun when they made their way to the supermarket (blame Seulgi for her 837942313084 questions of “What is that?”) they managed to survive as they stood in front of the building.

 

“Oh my Gooooooooooooood!!” Seulgi learnt that from Sooyoung. “WHAT IS THIS GIANT HOUSE??”

The bear had her jaw drop as she motion at the almighty size of the supermarket.

 

“It’s not a house, bear. It’s a Supermarket. It’s where people get stuff that they wanted” Yeri looked up to the building.

 

“SHHHHHH! Be quiet, people might kick us out!” Joohyun shushed the bear who immediately held her master’s hand afterward.

 

“We’re not even in yet, unnie.”

 

“SHUSH I SAID.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“From the looks of it, we may need a cart.” Yeri suggested when her hands were almost full of their needs.

 

“Oh! Yeah, why didn’t I think of that?” Joohyun facepalmed herself with a carrot. It was the only thing she’s carrying since Seulgi was clinging into her right arm.

 

“Because you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter