Chapter 28

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: now before anything else, I just wanna say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND LOVE YALL HAVE POURED INTO THIS SILLY FIC I CANT BELIEVE ITS FEATURED LIKE OH MY GOD. EACH COMMENTS AND UPVOTES AND SUBS AND AAAAAAH I JUST- YALL R TOO MUCH ;;;;; <3333

 

I didn’t even realize it was featured until my friend messaged me and said “CONGRATULATIONS” and im like what and she sent me a scrrenshot and I jusT JUMPED I ALMOST BROKE MY LEGS. Thanks, dedree :D <3

 

Lastly I know I’ve been in a quite inactive lately, its only because im having one of those blocks, I did type for the next chapter (this) in my phone but damn brain forgot to move it to my laptop when I deadass formatted my phone. I also lost the ideas ive written so it took me some time to remember what it was about, so when I got the hint, ive decided to9 rewrite it and even added a few changes aaaaaaand here you go LOLOLOLOL

 

anyway now that im here, lemme just shamelessly promote the reversed version of this story (yes it comes w reversed)

link: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1174608/not-so-dense-after-all-reversed-ver-fluff-seulrene

 

AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT I LOVE YALL SO MUCH AND IM PRETTY SURE MY HAMSTERS TOO IM NOT ABANDONING THIS FIC OKAY

 

Enjoy!(?)

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taker.”

 

“excuse me?”

 

“Taker. Unfortunately for us, it exists too.”

 

“you’re not making any sense” Seulgi is genuinely confused by the latter. “what is that?”

 

Nayeon inhales deep, because she knows she’s gonna have a hard time trying to decipher the meaning behind these Takers.

 

“listen… back in Japan… I don’t know exactly how it happened but… remember Momo?” Seulgi nods. “it was one of those day where we were just hanging around at her house but then she suddenly said that she really regretted everything that she did to you guys… and to me too.”

 

Seulgi frowns deeper, she pitied the other girl and her master, because of their respective reasons.  But she didn’t say anything as to keep Nayeon going.

 

“she then mumbled something about wanting to let me go. And want a restart. That’s when I felt it.”

 

“felt what?”

 

“the chain, it’s broken.”

 

“wait what?”

 

“Seulgi, I no longer felt the need to serve her. I suddenly felt… free. It’s really weird I know, but I did bid her goodbye. I, too felt its damn uncommon for us to feel like that, that’s also when I’ve decided to work at this antique shop. For a reason at the beginning, because I needed money.

 

“the surprise doesn’t stop there, the owner of the shop, her name is Kwon Yuri. She’s a star too.”

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Nayeon sighs for the nth time that day, putting back the mystical looking lamp after slowly cleaning it, scared that something might come out of the spout.

 

It’s an antique shop anyway, she’ll never know.

 

She grabs another lamp beside it and wipes slowly. Comes her reflection when the dust is gone, she sighs yet again, unknown to her that Yuri was watching her.

 

“somebody looks like a disappointed star.”

 

“w-what?”

 

Nayeon quickly turns to the latter, too quickly that she almost snapped her neck and eyes almost popping out of their sockets, how… she wants to ask, questions started piling but it she cant seem to bring even one out of .

 

She doesn’t even realize she was about to drop the lamp before Yuri walked to her and took it away from her gently.

 

“careful now, this is antique” she chuckles, inspecting it before putting it back to its place. As if the thing she said before was a part of an everyday conversation.

 

The shorter girl was still buffering, eyes never leaving the shop owner when she turns back to her.

 

“ah… I hit the jackpot didn’t i?” she laughs. Just how?

 

“how…? “, she managed to ask, just above whisper but it was clear to her due to their quiet surrounding.

 

“so what are you upset about?” Nayeon frowns, how can she be so calm about it? Is she-

 

“I can tell, glad to know another of my kind.”

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

“she’s a star too?!” Seulgi quickly covers when the girl in front of her jumped from her seat from her outburst, she silently apologizes.

 

“um yeah. But not a special one, not saying as if we’re not speci- I mean she’s not like you. but she’s like me. You get me?”

 

seeing how hard Nayeon was trying to explain, Seulgi cant help but to chuckle. It’s a rare sight for someone as intelligent as Nayeon to be all flustered.

 

“I know what you mean”

 

“okay, moving along, so we became close. I told her everything, about me and Momo, its because I have no one else to let it out to, I was quite depressed to be honest, I can’t help it. But I didn’t regret it because she even told me about her stories back. She said she lost her master, who was the first owner of the shop there in Japan, a few years ago in a car crash and decided to continue the legacy to keep the shop alive for those who are into antiques.”

 

“ah… I’m sorry to hear that”

 

“me too, I didn’t have the heart to ask any further… but I also told her that I have another star friend here in Korea. I told her you’re a special one, which surprises her to the core. From there she started throwing me questions, like what’s your power, who’s your owner, and the list goes on.”

 

Seulgi shifts in her seat, feeling slightly bothered by what she’s told. Why would the owner be so curious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter