Chapter 20 (+BONUS!)

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“stupid Seungwan”

 

“stupid Sooyoung”

 

“why are we even friends”

 

Joohyun cusses as she furiously washes her hands and gradually slaps her cheeks with the wetness of them to wipe away the arresting blush, if it was possible that is.

 

The washroom was empty, thankfully, that the fuming bunny was able to release some of her tensions by blabbering hates nonstop.

 

It’s not that she hates them for embarrassing her (though her cussing just now tells otherwise) she was actually mad at herself for hiding.

 

Yep, you said it, folks.

 

Without a doubt (excluding those exaggerated denials),

 

Joohyun likes Seulgi.

 

until her pride had decided to interrupt and told her to stay stiff.

 

But who could blame her anyway? It’s been quite a while since Joohyun caught feelings for someone. The last time she had a crush on someone was with their Student Council’s assistant.

 

How can she trust her instinct once more?

 

But this is Seulgi we’re talking about. It confuses Joohyun how could someone as smart as herself, caught feelings with someone so…. so vulnerable and air-headed, not to mention has almost negative knowledge about the human realm if you include all the lessons she had been taught before.

 

Her rapid slaps become slow, turning into weak taps.

 

Maybe she shouldn’t do that, denying and all. If the bear could understand feelings, she’d probably get hurt by her actions just now and Joohyun doesn’t want the same mistake to happen.

 

Yes, yes, she nods to herself.

 

“I should I should bring Seulgi out and spend times with only her…” she nods once more.

 

Seulgi could take it slow, fine by her, she’s 101% sure she could trust the bear.

 

They initially planned on hanging out that day to catch up with some stuff, if Seungwan and Sooyoung wants , then be it.

 

Joohyun inwardly smiles of her positive thoughts.

 

Maybe a washroom break was worth it after all.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Maybe a washroom break was a bad idea after all.

 

Because the next thing she saw after exiting the room was Sooyoung, seated ALONE, savouring her own ice cream.

 

Joohyun rushes to her in a speed of light causing the latter to almost choke on her ice cream along the silver spoon.

 

“what the ?!” luckily she managed to avoid what might be the most tragic cause of a death.

 

“where the hell are they??!” Joohyun bombs the latter, not caring if she was close to seeing the Grim just now. “well ?!”

 

“I WAS DYING HOW COULD Y- Ugh nevermind! Shorty said she wants to catch up with Seulgi more, so she pulled Kang bear out, like.. on a date or something? I dunno.” The satan’s spawn shrugs, just then Joohyun’s phone vibrates and she slides it, a message from Seungwan.

 

 

“aye joohyun! i went out and baby bear is with me, hope you dont mind ;) oh and sorry i didn’t ask first bcs i know youll prolly say no lolololol thanks

 

 

 “SON ING SEUNGWAN!” Joohyun practically yells, it’s a good thing that they’re the only ones left at the building, except for the new cashier that they’ve never seen before, probably replacing that Tzuyu kid for the next shift.

 

“I-Is there something wrong, miss?” the cashier props her head to look at their seats.

 

“oh! It’s n-nothing, sorry about that!” Joohyun quickly covers and bows repeatedly at the cashier who just returned her with a frantic wave, telling her it’s okay.

 

“wowowowow someone’s jealous” Sooyoung snickers roguishly, earning a death glare almost immediately that made her regret what she just did.

 

“ing mess with me and you’re going deeper than hell” the older retorts, sending cold shivers down Sooyoung spine.

 

“y-yo c-chill, I’m sorr-ry” she was panick-stricken, getting killed by someone shorter than her and having to die tragically in a bubbly café (after choking on a silver spoon) is the last thing she wants to happen, and so she backed off. “sit down, talk to me”

 

The older is visibly frustrated but complies nevertheless.

 

“I…” she hesitated.

 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes as she glances at her watch because if she’s going wait for the latter to finish, she might as well grow a strawberry blonde beard.

 

“you know what? Screw that, let’s stalk them”

 

“woah what?” Joohyun shots up, her bulging eyes following Sooyoung’s body as she stands up and marches toward the exit.

 

“well? I really wanna see what they’re up to on that so-called date, and I’m pretty sure YOU are up to it too” she smirks before turning her head to the new cashier, “hey you”

 

“h-huh? y-yes miss?” the girl looks up to Sooyoung, a hint of panic plastered all over her face. Sooyoung was probably drilling holes on her face with her intense stare that the girl started to sweat nervously, until the latter smiles brightly,

 

“you must be new, good luck working!” she waves before exiting immediately.

 

“w-wait!” Joohyun runs frantically to catch up with her friend but she’s polite enough to stop abruptly and bow slightly to the cashier, “sorry about the ruckus, yeah good luck working!” before leaving the gaping cashier.

 

 

“……Koreans are really weird, Tzuyu was right…”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Seungwan, you’re a great friend, I forgive your all of your mistake, Sooyoung sigh, saying her prayers beforehand to her before ending it with an Amen.

 

She had to though, their already in for the plan.

 

The procedure is pretty simple, all she had to do was bring Joohyun along to stalk them, but keep her in guard as not to eavesdrop.

 

Yep, they’re in it for killing two birds with one stone,

 

One, teaching Seulgi what is supposed to be taught,

 

Two, operation “making the other half jealous”.

 

~Flashback~

 

“ok here’s the deal,” Seungwan whispers only for the two of them to hear.

 

 “-we don’t want you teaching her inappropriate stuff before the understanding part happens-“

 

“lol close enough”

 

“-so I’ll just discharge you from that, all you need to do is bring her along on a stalking session but let’s pretend that she doesn’t know that I know as to make the act look natural”

 

“ARE YOU CRAZY??? We’re dead meat if she finds out!”

 

“ONLY IF SHE FINDS OUT! That’s why you’re more suitable for this part of the plan! And trust me, if this works, this are going to flow as if we’re never even got into the hook”

 

“and if it doesn’t?”

 

“IT WILL ING WORK OKAY”

 

~End of flashback~

 

which explains why Joohyun is currently dressed in an oversized trench coat, a black beany to cover her brown hair, a pair of sunglasses that looks like it was stolen from a thrift shop and coupled by a horrible looking fake pink moustache.

 

Joohyun mentally curses herself to think why did even comply in the first place on having to be camouflaged, with the disguise she’s wearing (given by Sooyoung), she can’t imagine the amount of attention she’ll get once they step out of Sooyoung’s house.

 

“why the hell does she even kept a fake pink moustache?! In what occasion?!”

 

“hey don’t judge me! Rare things are my priced possessions!” Sooyoung shouts from the bathroom.

 

“yeah, yeah, would you just hurry up? I’ve been waiting for almost 30 minute, what kind of disguise are you in anyway-“ the door of the bathroom slams open before Joohyun could even finish.

 

“BEHOLD… MY LEGENDARY CAMOUFLAGE” Sooyoung steps out rather dramatically (or slowly) that sparks the anticipation inside her head, wondering what could the latter be dressed in?

 

Joohyun’s jaw dropped.

 

“yas, I see you’re amused with my disguise, ohohoho” she laughs in pure bliss from her reaction.

 

 

 

“…….WHO WOULDN’T BE AMUSED WHEN YOU’RE DISGUISED AS A ING CACTUS-“

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

From The Velvet, Seungwan took Seulgi to another ice cream parlour since the bear kept whining that she’s still hungry, but the place is convenient enough for Seungwan to question the hungry child as it has a seat outside of the parlour, it’ll make things easier for stalking.

 

Confirming that there’s no message from Sooyoung just yet, she decided it’s time, “so Seulgi…”

 

“hm?” Seulgi looks up from her ice cream and Seungwan swear she’s cuter than most bear plushies she had ever seen before.

 

“I-uh- ehem- b-before I start, answer this, what do you think about Joohyun?” she stutters.

 

“Joohyun?” there was a pause when Seungwan nodded. “Joohyun…” she puts down the spoon, and looks up.

 

“…Joohyun… I like her.” Seulgi smiles softly, “despite all the things I did, ruining stuff, messing up or even almost burnt the house a few times, pisses her off sometimes, Joohyun never hurts me, she was patient. From the beginning of my transformation, instead of kicking me out although I’m pretty confident she was terrified seeing me at first, she actually kept me in and even told Yeri to dress me up.” Seulgi laughs as she recalls how Joohyun was shaking like a leaf when they first met.

 

“Sure we had a conflict back then but when I came back, Joohyun admitted that she really regretted her mistakes and of course I forgave her, Joohyun looked so fragile and vulnerable before, it made me hate myself for leaving, that image of her makes me want to always be there and protect her. Like she always did when I cry, comforting me, it hurts less and I want to do the same to her.” She places her chin on her hands on the table as she looks far up.

 

“I haven’t knew much about this world but I’m pretty sure not everyone is as genuine as Joohyun, it bothers me so much if I started imagining what will happen to me if she didn’t took me home at the first place… Plus, she’s very cute.” Seungwan chuckles inwardly on how daydreamed Seulgi look and had totally forgotten about her melted ice cream.

 

“just by seeing her standing freely, it makes me want to hug her all the time and kiss her repeatedly because she’s so cute, I don’t even….”

 

She listens attentively at her remarks nonetheless and somehow felt a little jealous of her bestie. However, her smile falters when Seulgi drops into a frown looking like she’s about to burst.

 

“Seungwan!”

 

“y-yes?!”

 

“I’m feeling things! What is this?!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter