Chapter 19

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The memories of Seulgi back when she’s still with Momo merges through Joohyun’s bubbles.

 

 

 

The amount of displeasure she receives when Seulgi told her Momo intermittently hurt her when she messes up something, every hits made her realise a thing or two, how slowly her memory came back. In which the last one hit, literally, the jackpot.

 

“Did.. did she kiss you too?..” Joohyun couldn’t help but to ask, her curiosity raging.

 

Seulgi nods.

 

Of all the replies Seulgi gave her that night, that one really slaps her on the face, it could fracture her face if it were to obtain physically.

 

But, Seulgi was quick to add that she wasn’t pleased with those action of affections as they were making her feel vexatious.

 

Although it’s out of the context to thought so, what will happen if Seulgi didn’t ran away that night? How will she end up? Is there anything else Momo had desired if Seulgi was persistent? You’ll never what will come from kids of their age, teens to be precise.

 

As if Joohyun was falling, her body jerks up, coupled with a gasp from on the image that she didn’t intend to visualize, her eyes shot open obviously awaken by now. She sits up swiftly, beads of sweat are visible.

 

The room was too quiet for her liking, she may have turned her head to the other side of the bed a little too quickly that it might snap, having her fingers crossed mentally upon Seulgi’s presence.

 

As if God was listening to her, she lets out a sigh of relief seeing the baby bear curled under the sheets with only up until her nose are on display and Joohyun fights the urge not to pepper kisses all over her forehead because of the cuteness.

 

Throwing away any other concern she has that morning, she slowly crawls back into the sheet, matching Seulgi’s level and scoots closer to hug the latter hopefully falls back in slumber.

 

But before she could, something else was inside the sheet blocking her movement. Curious, Joohyun pulls down the bedsheet and was so close to screaming her lungs out when she sees Yeri hugging Seulgi on waist as if her life depends on it.

 

They basically look like a turtle hugging a bear, Seulgi also has an arm over Yeri somehow making Joohyun slightly annoyed. She tugs her little sister’s pyjama from the back to wake her up (and tells her to get out) but the younger only clings tighter, groaning along the way.

 

“noooo” Yeri mumbles sleepily, rubbing her face on Seulgi’s torso making her face twitch because of the friction.

 

“Yeri, you’re disturbing Seulgi’s sleep…” her sister whispers, in response, Yeri softens her holds “if I let go, Seulgi won’t remember me…”

 

The older’s heart drop, even her sister knows how to appreciate the bear more than herself, the owner. Yeri may have seen her in different perspectives in which Joohyun didn’t. She was selfish, but she admitted it.

 

“I won’t do that…” a faint whisper suddenly replies Yeri, the hand draped over her no rubbing her back up and down. “never again” she adds making Yeri looks up and meet Seulgi smiling softly at her with her eyes half open.

 

“I’m sorry Yeri, I-“

 

Before Seulgi could even finished, the little one throws herself to her making them fall off the bed and onto the floor, Joohyun quickly crawls to the other side of the bed to look at them, Yeri had her arms over Seulgi’s neck like a baby.

 

“you bear- promise?” Seulgi laughs while patting the sore spot on her because of the impact just now, “promise!”

 

“…don’t leave us?”

 

“cross my heart” its clear that Yeri is elated as she hugs the latter once more and pepper kisses all over her cheeks.

 

“o-okay enough” Joohyun coughs awkwardly, it didn’t go unnoticed by Seulgi she pulls the younger carefully and eyes her, “can you grab me a glass of water?”

 

“anything!” Yeri then stands up, she was about to head outside the door but turns on the last step.

 

“you won’t disappear again won’t you?”

 

“I won’t” Seulgi looks over Joohyun, “I won’t” she repeats. Yeri nods and left them.

 

“why did you ask for water?” Joohyun questions when Seulgi gets up to sit back on the bed. “uh, my throat is kinda dry” the bear her lips while Joohyun involuntarily stares.

 

Which leads to another bubble of her,

 

about those kisses.

 

wait no-

 

THE kiss, the last one they shared before Seulgi was knocked out.

 

Though it was indubitably awkward at the moment for her to ask about it, but she can’t help, “Seulgi.. Um… about last night, midnight to be exact..”

 

“hm?” the latter puckers her lower lips, pure innocent painted all over her face making Joohyun blush.

 

“I- Uh- the kiss I don’t know-“

 

“ahh that? Sorry about that…” she scratches her nape laughing sheepishly,

 

“what do you mean?” her words stung Joohyun more than she mind to accept. Why would she apologize though?

 

“I kinda did it when you’re not angry…”

 

Oh.

 

“It’s fun though! Kissing Joohyunnie is fun, really fun. I wish we could do that without having Joohyun being upset first..”

 

There was a moment of silence (ignore the fact that Joohyun was literally burning up while Seulgi kept grinning as if it was the most normal thing ever) before the bear spoke again,

 

“are there?”

 

“a-are there what?”

 

“I mean- do I have to make you upset again jst so can I do it? Aren’t there any other way?” Seulgi pouts in the cutest way possible and Joohyun was close to choking and die in the motion. But, for Seulgi, it doesn’t really matter because she doesn’t know. The latter just decided to let things flow and enjoy the ride while it last, another selfish idea but both party will receive their advantages.

 

“you can just do it.”

 

“….”

 

“….”

 

“can I?”

 

Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to grant the bear’s longing request because the next thing they know there were flying chips, splashes of water coupled by Yeri’s scream.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The day went pretty hectic, but in a good way though.

 

It was filled with Seulgi stealing kisses from Joohyun every now and then (because it’s fun she said and Joohyun allowed her), Yeri cringing (she also tried to block Seulgi because the bear suddenly became precious to her), Sooyoung and Seungwan bursting in and screaming “OUR BABY BEAR DUN LEAVE” (and a whole lot of skinship, mostly from Seungwan but Seulgi is never the one to mind), and food (food in general plus 10 cans of Pringles because she deserves it).

 

They shared a lot of stories that they have missed during their parting, but above all from Seulgi. She told them that the only problem she had faced was Momo’s constant outrage which of course, made the whole member sickeningly mad.

 

“it wasn’t that bad, don’t worry” she added because Nayeon was her company and she had been protecting Seulgi, as how she learnt about the whole possible wrongdoings that her master could assume, the statement made them guilty add the fact that they always link the two although it was just Momo who did all the dirty work.

 

The continuation of their p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter