Chapter 13

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To their surprise, it wasn’t quite hard teaching Seulgi the basics she needs to have in order to blend in their school as soon-to-be an exchange student. All they had to do was list out all the Do’s and Don’ts for her.

 

“Don’t bow like the first time you meet us.”

 

“People might think you’re weird and no one would befriend you!”

 

“Don’t chase after Pringles.”

 

“No clinging.”

 

“No wall-hugging.”

 

And so on.

 

Sooyoung had prepared all the necessities for Seulgi, with the help of some friends she has. She didn’t lie about putting herself in charge of expenses, to Seungwan’s surprise. She almost thought her dearest friend was a mafia or something. Nonetheless, she kept her words.

 

“Are you sure you’re up to this, baby bear?”

 

“If school is the only way Ddeulgi can see Joohyun all the time then yes!”

 

“And you should really use reflexive pronouns instead of using “Ddeulgi” all the time.”

 

“But it’s cute!” Seungwan whined.

 

“Seungwan.”

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

Seulgi didn’t say much throughout the “tutorials” she had to go through in order to get in their school really. She pretty much nods at everything, listening attentively. Though she was banned from hugging the wall almost made her pout uncontrollably.

 

It was all thanks to her personal talent, as the bear herself like to call it. It was a miracle.

 

Sooyoung had lay out a blanket on the floor for her and Seulgi to sleep on and took out another one to cover their body while Seungwan sleeps on her bed.  After everything is set, they bid each other a Goodnight and called it a night although it was a little early.

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

Except that night, Seulgi wasn’t able to sleep.

 

 “Uuuugh Sooyoung I told you the toilet is on the left end.” Seungwan groans and turns to the other side when she felt light taps on her shoulder. When the latter didn’t budge, she taps again.

 

“Sooyoung how many times should I-“ It wasn’t Sooyoung. “Seulgi…?”

 

“Seungwannie…” The said girl slowly sits up, rubbing her eyes to adjust her sight. Kneeling on the edge of Seungwan’s bed is Seulgi, clenching a pillow in her arms with a pout on her face.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“C-Can I sleep next to you?” she furrows her eyebrows confused, but nods nonetheless. The pout was too strong for her heart. With that, Seulgi slides herself next to the latter. “Thank you.” She mutters quietly Seungwan raise the blanket up.

 

“It’s okay.” Seungwan turns to her and smiles but it fades when she sees Seulgi spacing out. “Tell me, bear.” she tries to bring out whatever the other has in mind.

 

“O-oh? Wha- Tell what- What do you mean?” She chuckles when Seulgi snaps out of her thought after poking her cheek. “You’ve been very quiet, you know”

 

“It’s n-nothing!”

 

“Ah I didn’t ask anything, baby bear.” The hamster can’t help but to laugh at the blank bear. “Now you tell me or else we’ll cancel the school thingy.” She lies.

 

Seulgi bit her lips, clenching her pillow tighter, looks like there’s no other choice. “Well, I’ve never spent a night away from home.” She draws an imaginary circle on the pillow. “It feels… weird.”

 

“What? Are you saying that my house is uncomfortable?” the latter jokes.

 

“Wait- NO! IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!” Seulgi sits up immediately , waving her hands in front of Seungwan who’s laughing. “You’re cute, baby bear.” she pulls her down to lay back. “and I’m just kidding.”

 

“Oh. Heh.”

 

“I know. You’re worried about Joohyun.” She states which made the bear scoot closer eyes widen. “HOW DO YOU KNOW?”

 

“Baby bear,” she turns herself facing the latter fully this time, “I know how it feels like.”

 

“Oh are you worried about Joohyun too?”

 

“LOL not that.” The hamster sighs. “I mean, I know how it feels like not being able to sleep because of a person.” She pauses. “A person whom you’d do anything for to get her attention, but only to be ignored and tossed aside, your hard work. A person who’s very important to you.”

 

“Why so?”

 

“Because that person had found another….. person who’s worth her attention more.” Seungwan thought the bear had fallen asleep when she doesn’t answer, so she just exhales loudly. But to her dismay, Seulgi wasn’t as she slowly wraps her hands around Seungwan, hugging her making her flinch.

 

“S-Seulgi??”

 

Seulgi hushes her, patting her on the head, “It’s okay it’s okay, let it out.” The latter giggles as she pushes the bear away slightly with a finger to create a distance.

 

“I’m not crying,  bear.” She laughs this time when Seulgi stares at her like she just saw a maniac.

 

“Why… not? Aren’t you sad that you are ignored?” Seulgi crunches her nose at the end of the sentences.

 

“Nope! Not at all. In fact, I’m happy.” Nothing can get more confusing for Seulgi now. How can someone be happy when she was completely tossed?

 

“I’m happy with the people I am with now, I get the attention I never knew I needed instead of wanted,” she refers to her two best friends, “Plus, the person whom I used to give my all to is happy to now, with the other one.”

 

Seulgi smiles nonchalantly listening to her, feeling relief that Seungwan wasn’t having a breakdown.

 

“And then, you appeared. The fun seems doubled ever since.”  She looks up to meet Seulgi’s eyes which are beaming with sparkles and all things nice. She’s flattered.

 

“It almost feels like you’re another Sooyoung but an angel one.” She says jokingly. “Speaking of Sooyoung, why don’t you want to sleep next to her?”

 

 

“……..she kicks me in her sleep.”

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

Joohyun got into class a little late the next day. She had forgotten that Seulgi was sleeping over at Seungwan’s. There was something missing that she felt like she’s not ready to step outside the house. Yeah, something was missing. But she doesn’t know what it was.

 

After checking her stuff in her bag for the nth time, she had decided to just take off. Luckily, the teacher for their first period was also late as she arrived first.

 

“Sorry I’m late!” Joohyun says to her two besties before settling herself down.

 

“No sweats, Mr. Shin isn’t here yet either.” Her bestie on the back dismisses.

 

“How’s Seulgi? Is she behaving well?” the bunny shifts her seat t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter