Chapter 12

Not So Dense After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Your pledge is to serve your master well.  If you broke it, may you go astray and never go back as you have failed your duty.”     “If you were to switch your lane once you did, there will never be any other option.”     “Serve a life or be gone forever.”

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

“Seulgi, we’re going off now!” The older Bae shouts as younger one just finished putting on her shoes, right hand is already on the knob.

 

“Hm!” The said bear just hums. Weird, they thought. Usually Seulgi would just stand on the corridor with a grin or just lay on the floor sleepily. She just hummed, which they had confirmed that the bear is very awake, plus, she’s not standing in the corridor.

 

“Ugh. I better go check first if she had set the living room on fire.” Joohyun groans at Seulgi’s lack of response. “What are you doing?” She asks even before she came to her sight.

 

Seulgi’s currently laying on her stomach, legs waving childishly, and writing? All those tutorials Yeri showed her had really paid off. Joohyun was trying to peak on what she’s writing but Seulgi’s face was too close to the paper.

 

Putting her nose on others’ business is the last thing she wants to do but she can’t help but to wonder what Seulgi, who is like a new-born cub, is writing about. She’s unpredictable. Joohyun always thought Seulgi doesn’t think before she acts. What could be running in her mind?

 

Finally, her curiosity lost (and time is running) Joohyun lands a light kick on Seulgi’s waist, earning a flinching bear. “NO!” Seulgi suddenly shouts, hugging the paper along.

 

“What?”

 

“Ddeulgi is not finish! Joohyun can’t see it yet!”

 

“I don’t even-“

 

“Unnie! Come on!”

 

With a groan, Joohyun makes her way. “Where are you going?”

 

“To school, remember?” She manages to peek through her shoulder. Seulgi is now standing, holding the paper close to her chest while tilting her head. Joohyun would think she’s cute but the level of denseness in the latter is fogging her mind.

 

“Ah” Seulgi finally remembers. See?

 

“Oh and don’t burn the house.” Her daily reminder didn’t go unsaid.

 

As well as Seulgi’s daily goodbye kiss.

 

And a punch on her guts.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

“OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD-“

 

“Oh, there she is.” Wendy points with her chin when she hears the familiar spat along with her rapid footsteps.

 

“Ayo, why are you so late? I almost drink your precious banana milk.” Sooyoung frowns once Joohyun took the said boxed drink away, drinking it as she was dehydrated for 983759827347 months already. “Omg, CHILL YOU WOMAN” She shouts when Joohyun almost choked.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

It took a few moments for Joohyun to regain herself before speaking but is still panting, “You guys remember Bogum, right?”

 

“Park Bogum?” Seungwan answered and Joohyun nodded. “That stinkin’ ex-crush of yours?” Sooyoung continued.

 

“STILL.” The latter corrects her before shoving the satan’s shoulder, “and he is not stinkin’!”

 

“OW! How am I supposed to know, you haven’t talk about him since forever! And he -blocked some of my pranks before which is not cool!”

 

“Hold up, Joohyun has a crush on our Student Council’s assistant? WHAT-“ The short-legged girl peeks over.

 

“Ahhhh yes, you haven’t been that long with us…” Sooyoung pats Seungwan on the head, “Yes, mate. She’d been head over heels for that stin- guy over 987986654546 years, she got it hard, I thought you were already over her.”

 

Sooyoung shifts her head uninterestedly over Joohyun who’s blushing hard. “W-why would I talk about him all the time? It’s not like you’re gonna listen!”

 

“Exactly.” She rolls her eyes.

 

“Ok what about him?”

 

“HE SPOKE TO ME ASDFGHJKLASDHSAJ” The latter spazzes, shaking the boxed drink almost spilling it all over. “

 

“We don’t dig.”

 

“Ugh. My calculus paper accidently slipped off my hand and it landed on his feet and- heeeeehehe- he picked it and compliments my knowledge!” She giggles, imitating the guy’s response. “Maybe you should teach me sometimes!”

 

“EW. This is like one of those Korean dramas I hate.” The satan scoffs.

 

Seungwan taps her fingers on the table with a scrutinizing expression, “But what about Seulgi?”

 

 “What about her?” The oldest turns blank, not a single care was shown upon the statement. Both of her besties can only heave a sigh.

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

Joohyun went home alone that day with an ear to ear smile which she had been sporting since that Park Bogum guy spoke to her. She spent the whole class daydreaming, well half of the time because her studies are prioritized.

 

It didn’t go unnoticed by her besties.

 

“I’m hooooome!” The said girl shouts throughout the living room.

 

“Oh that’s rare.” Her dongsaeng peeks over Seulgi’s shoulder, she’s currently doodling with the bear on the floor. “Did something happen?”

 

“Joohyunnie!” It’s Seulgi’s turn this time to react, standing up her feet to cling but Joohyun is swift to avoid, walking to Yeri.

 

“Guess what?????” The oldest beams.

 

“Joohyunnieee”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter