Chapter 7 - I’ll protect you from now on

The Sun and the Moon

Rina often have nightmare about her past, on how she was abandoned by her parents, how her friends she had trusted most deceived and landed her in huge debts. How she was chased by the loan sharks on a daily basis, and how she was crying her hearts out everyday and no one was saving her. Tonight, she dreamt about it again.

“I’m sorry!!! I don’t have any money to return you… Please let me off!!!” Rina was heard shouting in her sleep. “No!!! Don’t beat me!!! Please!! Don’t beat me!!!”

Semi was awaken by Rina’s screaming.

“Help...Dad, mum, where are you… Help me…” Rina started crying in her sleep.

“Rina!! RINA!!! RINA!!!!” Semi try waking Rina up from her nightmare.

“Help me……” Rina cried even louder.

“RINA! I’m here!! I’m Semi!! I’m here!!! Don’t worry!!!” Semi was holding onto Rina’s hands to try and calm her down.

“Semi….. Semi…… Don’t leave me……” Rina, still in her sleep, seems to hear Semi’s voice, and begin to calm down a little.

“I’m here, Rina…” Semi spoke really gently into Rina’s ears, Rina finally seem to calm down.

Semi felt intense burning in his heart again, “just how much have this girl went through?” he thought to himself while gently wiping her tears off her face with his hands.

“Rina… Don’t worry, I’ll protect you from now on…” Semi said and hugged Rina tightly on the bed. This is the first time he had seen such a vulnerable side of Rina, she was always so cheerful and full of energy, he tell himself he must protect her smile from now on…

 

The next morning, Rina woke up first, and was trying to get out of Semi’s hug quietly so as not to wake him up. When she was almost successful in getting out, Semi pulled her back and hugged her even tighter, “where are you going? My stupid girl…” Semi opened his eyes after saying that.

“I’m…” Rina blushed and looked away from Semi.

“You laid on me to sleep last night, and you’re now getting out without my permission?”

“Because...I was too tired yesterday… hehe~ And we should get up soon…”

“I don’t care, you’ll need to stay here for another ten minutes.” Semi placed his legs over Rina’s to prevent her from running away.

Rina is blushing really badly now, “then...just another ten more minutes ok…”

“Stupid girl…” Semi kissed Rina on the forehead upon seeing her face turning red.

 

They continued idling their time away on the bed till it was almost time to check out of the hostel.

They left the hostel for the train station shortly after, while walking towards the station, Semi stopped suddenly.

“What happened, Semi?”

“Didn’t we forgot to do something?” Semi was probing Rina on something she said she wanna do before they came here.

“hmmmmm…. I can’t remember, what is it???” Rina had no idea what Semi is talking about.

“Since when you become so forgetful? Come with me.” Semi held Rina’s hands and takes her to a stretch of shopping alley.

“Why did you bring me here? You wanna buy some souvenirs?” Rina still don’t know what Semi wants to do.

“Look beside you.”

Rina turned and saw one small family restaurant, as she look closer, it’s a restaurant selling Hokkaido crab dishes.

“...HEH??” Rina got a shock, “I thought you cannot eat crabs??”

“Stupid! You wanted to eat right? I searched the net and found this restaurant seems good for their crab dishes.” Semi squeezed Rina’s nose because she’s so silly.

“Semi…….” Rina with her almost tearing face again.

Semi pinches Rina’s cheeks, “you get touched too easily!! Silly girl.”

“Ahhhh pain!!!” As Rina struggle to get out of Semi’s hands, Semi wrap his arms around her and brought her inside the restaurant.

 

“Order whatever you want.”

“Ok!! I’ll order some non-crab dishes for you too!!!” Rina was getting excited as she finally can get to eat crabs!!!

After the meal, Rina and Semi boarded the Shinkansen towards Tokyo.

While on the train, “Semi, this is for you.” Rina hand over a small gift to Semi.

“What is it?”

“Open and see...hehe~”

Semi opened the gift and saw a snow dome, “.......when did you get this??”

“Hehe it’s a return gift for your crab meal treat.”

“Thank you… I’ll decorate it in my room…” Semi loves the gift Rina gave him.

 

Few days later, Rina received another new job order.

“Hi Semi! Come in!!!” Semi came to Rina’s apartment after receiving her call.

“Why is your voice so hoarse? Did you catch a cold?” Semi realized Rina sound different from what she usually does.

“I’m ok!! Come!! Sit here!!” Rina pulled Semi to her balcony and placed a newspaper cut vest on him.

“What are you doing??” Semi didn’t quite had time to react to what is happening.

“Dying your hair for you!!”

“What?? There isn’t a need…”

“HA----CHEW!!!” Rina had a big sneeze.

“You have really caught a cold, stop it and go rest!” Semi wanted to get up but he was stopped by Rina.

“Ok ok, after I’m done with this I’ll go rest ok?” Rina started putting the dye on Semi’s head.

After dying, Rina helped to trim and wash Semi’s hair, Rina is finally satisfied, “Yosh! My Semi is getting more handsome again!!”

“Stupid girl, go and rest now or I’ll get angry.”

“I’m okie…”

Semi used the back of his hands and placed on Rina’s forehead, “YOU’RE SO HOT!! HOW IS THAT OK!?!? COME, GO AND LIE ON THE BED.” Semi was getting angry and worried at the same time.

He measured Rina’s temperature, “39.4 degrees?!?! Why didn’t you call me??”

“I’m fine…” Rina was getting weak while lying on the bed.

“.......” Semi went to take a small bucket of water and towel, and started to help reduce Rina’s temperature with the cold towel.

“Semi… I’m sorry… I made you worry again…” Rina said while still sounding very weak.

“Stupid… Close your eyes and sleep… I’ll be here with you…” Semi held onto Rina’s hands while sitting on the floor beside her bed.

Soon, Rina fell asleep, and Semi was constantly changing the wet towel to help reduce her body temperature. Semi took the time to properly look at this girl, he pats on her head, and lay his head just beside her face, “Silly girl, don’t make me worry…” he whispered and felt sleepy…

Rina woke up first and saw Semi falling asleep beside her, “Semi, wake up… You’ll get body ache from this sleeping position.”

“....hmm?? Ah Rina, you’re awake? Are you feeling better?” Semi opened his eyes gradually, and then place his hands on Rina’s forehead to test for her temperature.

“I’m fine!!!!” Rina sounds much more energetic now.

“....I guess so huh…” Semi felt relieved that Rina has recovered from her fever.

 

“Oh ya Semi, I need to tell you about our new task.” Rina remembered that she have not yet brief Semi about it.

“Rina, I don’t care about whatever tasks you have, I want you to stay healthy and in future you must call me immediately if anything happens again alright?”

“Alright... Thank you, Semi, ever since my grandma passed away, no one has ever showed so much concern for me…” Rina was lonely, very lonely, till she met Semi.

“Stupid…” Semi gave her a hug and patted her back.

 

Few days later Semi went to a factory to execute his killing. He was checking up on the factory from the outside before doing anything.

At the same time, Rina received a call from her colleague from Sunny Agency, “Hi Chinen, what’s up?”

“Rina!! BAD NEWS!!! The task you have received is a fake!!! It’s our competitor trying to get rid of our hired killers!!!” Chinen was heard shouting over the phone, “So far three of our hired killers have gotten serious injuries from these fake tasks!!”

“WHAT???? Semi is executing his task today!!” Rina jumped out of her sofa and started to panic. “Thanks Chinen! I’ll go inform Semi!! Bye!!!” Rina quickly got out of her house while trying to reach Semi’s phone but were in veins as Semi probably off his phone during his execution.

“Semi… You better be alright!!!” Rina said while driving in her car to find Semi at the factory she told him to go to.

 

Semi spotted his target alone in the factory and went inside, as he is finding his ways to the room his target is in, he suddenly felt sleepy, he couldn’t balance himself, he realized this is a trap! He quickly turn around and went back to where he came from, but the lights were off suddenly! He couldn’t see well and sleepiness was gonna take him…

“Goodbye….” Semi heard a man’s voice before losing his consciousness.

Rina is reaching the factory soon, but as she got nearer, she saw red and burning flames, coming from the direction of the factory! She accelerated and stop near the factory, got down the car and ran towards the factory. She saw the factory in fire, she quickly find her way inside to rescue Semi.

“SEMI!!! SEMI!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!” Rina shouted for Semi as soon as she got in the burning factory. It was dark and smoky, the visibility was very bad, but she continued to wander around to look for Semi. Suddenly, she saw a pair of legs in front of her, she dashed towards it and find Semi lying motionless.

“SEMI!!! WAKE UP!!! SEMI!!!!” Rina was shouting at the top of her lungs, hoping that Semi would wake up.

“SEMI!!!! DON’T SCARE ME!!! YOU CAN’T DIE ON ME!!!! SEMI!!!!!” Rina tears were dropping by this moment.

“.....erghhh…… Rina……” Semi voice was heard, but it was really soft and weak.

“SEMI??? Are you alright?? I’ll get you out of here!!!” Rina stopped crying after getting Semi’s reaction. She helped him up and wrap his arms over her shoulders and they walk towards the exit.

Fire was spreading very fast, and small explosions were taking place one after another. When they finally get out of the factory, there was a big explosion behind them, both of them fell to the floor.

“Ughhh…. Semi!! Are you alright??” Rina received much burns and bruises on her four limps, she ignored the pain she has and stand up to find where Semi is.

“Rina!! I’m fine!!” Semi voice was heard to the left of where Rina is.

Rina quickly dash to Semi’s side, “Semi, are you alright? Did you get hurt anywhere??” Rina was more concern of Semi’s safety than hers.

“I’m alright, I was just put asleep by the sleeping gas, and RINA! You’ve got so much burns!!” Semi saw the red bruises on Rina’s arms and legs.

“I’m ok Semi! Let’s get out of here quickly!” Rina helped Semi up and they got into the car and went back to Rina’s apartment.

 

Once they got back, Semi quickly help to disinfect Rina’s injuries and bandage them up.

“Semi, you’re over bandaging me… I’m really alright…” Rina looked at the amount of bandage Semi is using…

“Burns can get infections very easily, we need to disinfect thoroughly and prevent external particles to get into the wounds.”

“Thank you Semi…” Semi finally finished cleaning up Rina’s wounds.

“Speaking of which, are you stupid?!?! Why did you come into a burning factory?? You’ll be burn alive if you are not lucky enough you know!?!?” Semi got agitated suddenly.

“.... Because… I needed to save you……” Rina sounded insecure, “When I received the call from my colleague telling me that this is a trap, my mind went blank, I can’t imagine if you’re gone… If you leave me I don’t know what I’ll become….. If you’re gonna die on me, I’ll die with you….” Tears started to drop from Rina’s swollen eyes which were caused by the smoke she had exposed to in the factory.

“You’re really silly….” Semi felt heart pain seeing Rina getting so upset, “I’m alright now isn’t it?” Semi place his hands on Rina’s shoulders to comfort her.

“Then promise me, you won’t ever leave me without my permission…” Rina showed her pinky finger.

“I promise…” Semi used his pinky finger to wrap with Rina’s and made a promise with her.

“Semi….”

“......” Semi couldn’t control anymore, he wants to kiss Rina, he wants to give her all his love, she almost died for him, yet all she care was his safety. His lips slowly move forward, and shortly after, his lips touches Rina’s. It was a gentle kiss, they left each other lips, but they wanted more, much more, Semi and Rina kissed again, and this time round, it was a much more passionate, long, and deep kiss.

“Rina...can I do it…?

“um..…” Rina bite her lower lips and nodded her head.

 

 

*Writer: Aww finally we are getting to the scene!!! I’m not sure if I’m capable of writing a good one but I’ll try!