Chapter 5 - Let’s go on a date!

The Sun and the Moon

The next day, Rina woke up first, Semi was the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes.

“What a sharp nose… Long eye lashes… Thick lips…” Rina mumbled in as she was look at Semi’s face. Her hands went up to touch Semi’s face, nose, lips… Then someone grabbed her arms suddenly.

“You are enjoying your time looking at my face huh” Semi opened his eyes and said.

“WAH! When did you wake up?” Rina got a shock.

“I was already looking at your face before you woke up and praise how good my face are.” Semi teased Rina again.

“Ah…” Rina blushed and looked away.

Semi turned Rina’s face back to face him, pulled her nearer and hugged her, “stupid…”

Rina smiled while enjoying Semi’s hug.

“Semi, let’s go on a date today!” Rina had a suggestion.

“What? Today?” Semi never had a date before, he wasn’t interested in any women before meeting Rina.

“Yes!! We must make today a memorable day for you! You don’t wanna lie in bed for whole of today right??”

“...” Semi didn’t mind going out with her.

“Let’s get up, have a wash and go out!!” Rina got out of bed and pull Semi up as well.

 

Semi just followed where Rina was bringing him, the next moment he realized they are outside Tokyo Disneyland.

“This…” It was Semi first time here.

“WOW! So huge!!” It was actually Rina’s first time too. “Let’s go in!” Rina didn’t waste any time and pulled Semi in.

They went inside and the first thing Rina did was to queue for the roller coaster. Semi was quiet all the while and wasn’t looking quite well.

Rina saw Semi’s weird behaviour and asked, “Semi, what happened? Are you alright? Are you not feeling well?” She was worried.

“........Nothing…..”

“Do you wanna go back?” Rina still worried about Semi’s pale-looking face.

“It’s ok… It’s just that, I don’t really like roller coaster…” Semi have phobia for heights.

“AH! Are you afraid of heights???” Rina realised Semi’s fear.

“NO!! I just… don’t like…” Semi didn’t want to look so weak in front of Rina.

“Then, shall we go for other rides?” Rina recalled what happened to Semi when his allergy was triggered, and was afraid to hurt Semi again.

“It’s ok, you wanted to ride this right?” Semi wants Rina to enjoy herself too.

“But… you are…”

“I’m okie, I’m Semi alright? I’ll get over my phobia for heights.”

“But…”

“No more but! I’m the birthday boy, I call the shots for today.”

“......ok….”

 

After 15 minutes of queuing, they finally sat on the roller coaster. Rina realised Semi was still feeling uneasy, she hold his hands, “Semi, I’ll be with you, don’t be afraid, ok?”

It was like a magic, Semi calmed down from Rina’s words and the warm from her hands.

“Let’s go!!!!” Rina was in her usual energetic self again.

The ride lasted only 3 minutes but it felt like 30 minutes to Semi.

After getting off the ride, Rina realised Semi wasn’t looking good so they found a bench and sat down.

“I’m sorry, Semi, you forced yourself to ride the roller coaster with me…” Rina felt apologetic.

“Stupid, I’m alright, I just need a little rest, and… no more roller coaster for today.” Semi smiled to assure Rina he’s alright.

“Ok!! We shall go for a lighter ride next!” Rina is planning for their next ride already.

 

Rina brought Semi to queue for the next ride, Semi frowned upon seeing what it is, the Merry-Go-Round.

“This is alright for you right??” Rina still sounding so excited.

“......Not really…” Semi always thought that Merry-Go-Round rides are for kids, is Rina treating him as one…?

“Heh… Shall we change then?” Rina was a little disappointed.

“No need. Let’s go, it’s our turn.” Semi hold Rina hands and went up the ride.

As expected, 80% of the riders are parents and kids, Semi felt kinda out of the place.

“Semi!! Say Cheese!!!” Rina was taking photos of him sitting on the horse.

“Wait! Stop taking my pictures!” Semi was being shy.

“The horse suits you!! It makes you look even more like a prince! hehe~” Rina was enjoying herself very much.

“Stupid... “ Semi smiled looking at how happy Rina is.

They got off the ride and found a bench to sit again.

Rina went off to buy turkey drum stick and drinks while Semi sat and waited for her.

“I’ve always wanted to try this!!! I’ve seen this on television so many times!!!”

“Haven’t you been here before? You are so familiar with the stuffs in here.” Semi was guided by Rina since they left the house, he thought Rina has been here many times.

“Nope… This is my first time. hehe~” Rina confessed.

“What?? Are you serious??”

“Yeah… I’ve been asking my parents to bring me here since I was young, but this dream didn’t come true before they fell off with each other.” Rina recalled her past. “They have promised to take me here one day, but eventually they abandoned me for their new partners, so I didn’t have chance to come here with them. After that, I didn’t meet anyone whom I want to come with them here, until I met you, Semi. You’re the first I wanna come here with.”

“...Stupid, from now on I’ll come with you as many times as you want to.” Semi felt Rina’s loneliness and wanted to protect her.

“Really?!?!”

“But no more roller coaster rides.” Semi doesn’t want to ride it again.

“Heh… What about ferry wheel??? I heard couples would last forever if they kissed at the peak!!” Rina watches too much from television.

“.....Not today I guess…” Semi was still unable to get over the roller coaster ride. But deep inside he noted what Rina said, “couples”, are they couples? They probably look like one now, and that isn’t exactly a bad thing.

“Alright! Means next time we can ride?!?!” Rina being hopeful of their next trip here.

“Ok, stupid girl.” Semi can’t stand this silly girl.

“Yay!!! Come try this popcorn as well!! It’s mentaiko-flavoured!!!” Rina proves herself to be a mentaiko freak.

“You…should call yourself mentaiko”

“Semi!!” Rina pop some popcorn into Semi’s mouth, and played with him again.

“You! Stop it!!!” Semi didn’t give in and started fighting with Rina again. They probably look like they are having so much fun in the eyes of passerby, but at this moment, they only see each other in their eyes…

 

They continued playing in the park and are now waiting for the fireworks to start.

“I’m so excited!! This is gonna be my first time watching fireworks with someone!!” Rina was happy that the person beside her is Semi, not anyone else.

“Stupid… Why do you have so many first time.”

“Whats?? Is this not your first time??? Ahh, I bet you’ve been here many times with girls before. You look like you would have a lot of girls falling for you with that kind of charming face.” Rina was being jealous.

“Stupid… Don’t take me as such a playboy.”

“Then is this your first time here too?”

“.......”

“AHH! Then we gave each other our first time!!!” Rina shouted suddenly, everyone else was looking at them.

“WAIT! What are you talking about! You’re gonna cause misunderstanding!!” Semi panicked at what Rina just shouted.

“I don’t care what others think, I care just what you think.”

“You…” Semi let go a relieved sigh.

“AHH! Look there!!” Rina pointed at the fireworks. “It’s so pretty….” Rina was smiling as she enjoy her time watching the fireworks.

“Stupid, you are even prettier…” Semi mumbled really softly. Semi took the time to slowly look at Rina’s features, her big round eyes, sharp nose, red lips, sharp chins, her short ash coloured hair…

“Semi…” Rina turned to look at Semi.

“What…”

“Thank you. Today will be a memorable day for me too.”

“Stupid…” Semi smiled back at Rina.

 

Semi sent Rina to her apartment after the date. Before parting ways, Rina pulled Semi to her side and hugged him.

“Semi, thank you for being here, thank you for letting me meet you. I feel really fortunate and happy now.” Rina said softly into Semi’s ears.

“Stupid… I’ve not done much, you were the one who did so much for me…” Semi was touched as well, today could be his happiest day ever since the day his parents was murdered.

“hehe~ Take care on the way home. See ya! *kiss*” Rina kissed Semi on his cheeks and ran into the lift.

“Stupid girl…” Semi smiled at her silhouettes as she ran away.

 

Both Rina and Semi had a hard time falling asleep that night, they were both recalling at the date they had earlier in the day. Eventually they fell asleep with their smiles on…