Chapter 1 - Allow me to be your job agent!

The Sun and the Moon

“No… why are you killing me??” Said a helpless man who could not move anymore because his legs were injured and bleeding furiously.

“Don’t ask me, I was asked to do this. This is just my job.” A calm and cold voice coming out from a man with blond hair, and wearing black leather jacket.

“Who requested for me to die?? Please let me know!” The helpless man just want to know his enemy before dying.

“I don’t know, and I don’t care. Bye.” The man with knife cut the other man in his throat, and blood was gushing out and splashing everywhere.

“Ahh… I need a wash again…” Sighed the man with blood all over him.

 

After cleaning up most of the blood stains, the man exited from the house, went into the nearby convenience store and grabbed two onigiri (Japanese rice balls). He paid for them and found a bench outside the store, sat down, and starting eating his onigiri.

 

Suddenly, he sensed someone sitting beside him, grabbed his other onigiri and started eating it.

“Hey! Who are you?” The man sounded pissed.

“I know you, but you don’t know me.” The lady beside is trying to be funny.

“Stop playing around with me.” The man was supposed to get cautious of this lady due to his special occupation as a professional killer, but somehow he did not sense any evil intentions from this lady.

“Wow! mentaiko (spicy fish roe) onigiri! My favourite!” This lady doesn’t seem to want to reply the man’s enquiries.

“Hey you…”

“Okok, I’ll answer all your enquiries after I’m done eating ok? I’m very very hungry!” The lady cut off the man before he finished his question.

Then man rolled his eyes and continued eating his onigiri.

“Ok, I’m done! Here, this is my name card.”

“Sunny Agency, Rina. What’s this?” The man asked.

“As you have read, I’m a job agent, I find jobs for potential candidates, and you happened to be my next target candidate.” Rina explained to the man.

“Why am I your next target, and you said you know me?”

“Yes Mr. Semi, I know you. Don’t you know you got kinda famous recently? Because you are one of the few heartless killer who can kill innocent people like the families of your target victim.”

“Calling me heartless… What a word.”

“haha~ that’s right, you have a nickname within this dark society, the heartless Semi.”

“And so, what’s your purpose of finding me?”

“Haiz, I’ve just lost a killer who was working for me, he got caught by the police last month. And since then I’ve been finding new killer to work for me but it wasn’t going too smooth. Most of them have been engaged by other agents. And I happen to hear from Momo from the shop that you are taking freelance jobs from her, so you have become my next target.” Rina ended the sentence with a wide smile.

“That’s an eerie smile. Wait… you have killers working for you? What sort of agent are you?”

“It’s simple, first I receive kill orders from people, then I engage killer and the killer will execute the job for me. I then receive money from the people who gave the orders, where I will take commission from it, and the rest are for the killer. Basically what I’m doing is the same as Momo, just that I’m bonded to a company.”

“Why do I have to work for you then?”

“Because I’m a good negotiator, I can negotiate the job for a much higher price than what Momo is giving you right now. I’m the negotiator working during daylight, and you are the executor working under the moonlight. We are the Sun and Moon combination!” Rina trying her best to be funny, hoping Semi would agree to work for her. If not, she is going to die of hunger soon.

“That’s not funny.”

“Don’t be so heartless!! I know you are not that heartless, right??”

“You are being ironical.”

“Hehe~ Anyway, why not you give it a try? I can give you free service trial for one month, and after the trial period you can decide whether to sign a contract with us.”

 

For a moment, Semi thought there is really no harm for him to try out. “I’ll try it out for one month then.”

 

“OMG REALLY?? THANK YOU!!!” Rina jumped out of the bench and hold Semi’s hands with hers. “You are gonna be my saviour!”

“You are being ironical again, I’m a killer for goddess sake.”

“But you are still a human with a heart.” Rina said with a gentle smile. “The address written on the name card is where I stay, you can come find me tomorrow and I’ll have jobs for you. hehe. And thanks for your onigiri! I’ll make sure your onigiri is made worthwhile! See you tomorrow!” Rina smiled and ran away.

“What a weird person…” Semi thought, but to be honest, it’s been so long since he had properly chatted with someone and being so relaxed. Ever since he became a killer one year ago, he had cut off ties with people all around him. It was to make him become a ruthless killers with no burdens. He felt some sort of warm from Rina, it was just like she was the Sun around him…