Chapter 1

Philophobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hakyeon.”

“Neh?”

Answered Hakyeon with puzzled face. He had asked if the members have anything to ask before he wraps up the daily meeting but no one says anything. So, when the always silent Leo pats him after the guys scramble away to their room and kitchen, he can’t help but frown.

“Did you forget anything?”

Taekwoon shakes his head. Instead he asks him to spare some time for them to talk and Hakyeon agreed in his usual cheer tone.

“Let me just inform Jaehwan.”

Said Hakyeon before he disappears into their shared room. Taekwoon pulls two jackets out from the small closet that was next to the shoe cabinet; praising Hongbin who had tidied up the scattered shoes despite his busy schedule with a little smile on his face.

“What’s funny?”

Hakyeon asked, tilting his head to find anything that amused the taller but find nothing. So, he give Taekwoon a look.

“Nothing. Here.”

Hakyeon wears the jacket, his smile faint as he glances at him. Taekwoon shoves him out after he was done and he switches off the light. The younger are all sleeping; only Wonshik is still out.

“Where is good?”

Hakyeon asks after sometime and Taekwoon takes time to answer.

“Can we just sit there and do the talking?”

He added when Taekwoon still wasn’t saying anything. He gives him a small nod and Hakyeon went there, sitting on a bench.

“What is it?”

The leader asks him again. Taekwoon looks at their surroundings.

“The sky is clear.”

Hakyeon copied him and nodding.

“Yeah.”

“But you are not.”

“You are going to tease about my skin too Woon ah?”

“Aniyo.”

Come his quick answers and Hakyeon laughs.

“I know you did not. Don’t be so nervous.”

He pats his chest and Taekwoon caught his hand. Hakyeon arched his brow.

“Taek?”

“I’m going to say something. Even if it doesn’t make any sense, I hope you will stay and listen until the end.”

Said Taekwoon; still clasping Hakyeon’s cold hand with his warm one fiddles it a bit just to intertwined theirs, so that Hakyeon will find it difficult to pulls his hand away later.

“Sure. What is it?”

Taekwoon glances at Hakyeon and the latter now looks at his front which is deserted. It’s understandable. It’s 3 in the morning.

“I love you.”

Said Taekwoon way too carefully and he saw how Hakyeon flinched in his seat. He wasn’t looking at him but the way his body tensed; he knows Hakyeon heard him.

“Hakyeon ah?”

He called, just because. But Hakyeon wasn’t looking at him. He kept looking forward, his hand is sweaty in his hold.

“Ha.”

“Don’t.”

Said Hakyeon, quickly stood up and pulls his hand off of Taekwoon. Having difficulties like he had predicted but he succeeds anyway.

“I’m.”

“No.”

He stops him, both palms on his ears. Taekwoon saw the fear in his eyes. But he doesn’t even know why. So he too stands and tries to move closer to him but Hakyeon stops him by putting his hand on his chest. The hand is shaking. And Taekwoon stops.

“Why?”

“I can’t.”

Said Hakyeon shortly and he left. Taekwoon heart tells him to run after Hakyeon but his sane mind stops him from doing so.

“He looks so comfortable around me but why?”

He mutters and sat on the bench, feeling devastated.

 

%%%

 

“I’m going to schedule guys, Hyuk ah, practice the step that you still unsure. Wonshik said he will help you with that later.”

“Deh hyung. But will you be late?”

The maknae asked all the while munching his cereals.

“I have to go somewhere after the recording with Mina.”

He smiles when the maknae teases him about going for a date but did not reply anything for that. He doesn’t greet Taekwoon who was stuffing his ears with earphone, no music.

Taekwoon glances at the leader who said something to Hyuk but did not pay attention to what he said. He must gives him some to do list when he is away; same old.

Taekwoon saw the glint in Hakyeon’s eyes. The fear he saw last night is still there, but it is not that visible. He still wonders why. He can’t ask him right on his face doesn’t he? He will just get another round of rejection so he waits, if Hakyeon will spare an eye on even greets him before he go out.

But, Hakyeon left the dorm after a few loving pat on Hyuk’s hair, faint smile, as what he had expected. It will take time for the eldest to talk to him so he will do it instead; later.

“Annyeong hyung.”

He heard Hyuk greets the older and the front door shut after fine few seconds; the maknae shuffles inside with his bowl of cereal.

“Oh.”

Hyuk looks at him in surprise but he plan to not say anything to the troublemaker and went straight to his room; shut the door a bit loud than usual.

He doesn’t care if Sanghyuk will tease about him with his mood swing when they are all having dinner together. He just wants to vent out his frustration and the door is his victim for the day.

“Hyung.”

He heard Wonshik calls him and took a few moments before he lazily get the door.

“Why are you locking it?”

The dark haired man asked him without really demand an answer. No one ever needs him to answer anything though.

He then just went back to his space, closing his eyes, pretending to listen to some music again.

“I thought you are going to compose or something that you are idle today.”

He heard Wonshik mumbles while rummaging through something; Hakyeon things when he peeps with slightly open eyes.

“What are you doing?”

He asked in monotone, now walking to where Wonshik was; the younger is in the middle of scratching his head.

“Hyung left his wallet. I wonder where it was. He said it’s here.”

Taekwoon then went to the other box and took it out; shakes his head. It’s always in the blue box; the color that Taekwoon loves.

“How can he go out without wallet?”

He scolds him but Wonshik can’t really tell if Taekwoon is scolding him or what. He took the wallet from him but only to frown when the older don’t let it go.

“Where is him?”

“He is already there.”

“I’ll take it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter