Broken - SooSica

SooSica/SNSD oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

 

 

My best friends and I were sitting at the table as we watched people having fun on the dance floor, swaying their hips from left to right with their own partners and friends. It was one of our friend’s birthday party and she invited us to celebrate it with her. Turns out there were a lot of guest than we thought but that didn’t shock me. What shocks me is one of the guest who I least expected to be at this party. I tilt my head slightly to the left to make sure that it is who I’m seeing. It wasn’t wrong, it was her. The person I loved dearly. The person whom I’m having a hard time moving on from, and a person who I consider very dearly, special, to me.

 

 

Choi Sooyoung.

 

 

She was an ex. Heck, she was more than just an ex as she held a piece of my heart. As cheesy as it seems, it’s true. It’s hard to explain, but she’s just someone so special to me. I don’t even know why. Love is a mystery.

I was busy staring at Sooyoung that I didn’t realize my best friend, Tiffany, was eyeing the whole situation. Tiffany slightly nudged my shoulder and it caught my attention as I faced her and raised my brows. Only to be greeted with a long sigh.

 

 

“Hm?” I asked

“I know you saw her, Jessi”

 

 

Tiffany gave me a worried look and patted my hand which was on the table. I replied back with a sad smile.

 

 

“I’m fine” I told her

“I know you’re not”

 

 

I sighed. I turned around to where Sooyoung is and there I saw her, happily chatting with the others, laughing around and didn’t notice my existence. I could only smile by looking at her. I miss her, I truly do. Just then, I felt Tiffany held my hand as she gave me an apologetic look once again. I squeezed her hand in return. I know she’s just worried about me, and I’m lucky to have her by my side. It’s just that, it has been so long since I last met Sooyoung and to have the chance to see her once again, is just too…..unexpected.

 

 

“Jessi” Tiffany called

“Hm?”

“Do you want to go somewhere else?”

“No Tiff, I’m fine”

“It hurts me to see you like this..”

“Don’t worry Tiff, I’m okay” I smiled

“You should stop acting like you’re tough, you know. It’s time for you to show it to her.. Your true feelings”

 

 

Tiffany’s right. I have every rights to be mad at her for leaving me without us having a proper closure to our relationship. But it wasn’t her fault. I can’t blame her for not feeling the same way as I did for her. Yes, when we were together, after the break up, I found out that Sooyoung never really have loved me the way I loved her. But she probably accepted me just because of pity as she knows that I had a crush on her. But the thing is, I didn’t even force her to be with me and we were together as a couple in just one snap. She accepted me during my birthday which makes the day even more special and she made me the happiest girl on that particular day. During high school years, Sooyoung was an honor student. She aced her academics and sports well and knew how to balance her studies. Imagine how proud I was to have her? Heck, I boasted about her to my friends. She’s the definition of a ‘perfect girlfriend’.

 

 

But I guess it wasn’t that perfect after all.

 

 

Out of nowhere, after 8 months, she decided to end our relationship as she said she got to focus on her studies because she’s going through her final exams. And who am I to stop her? But that’s the thing. She lied about it. But it’s for the good as she doesn’t want to hurt my feelings about the real reason of the break up. I found out months after that about the real reason because a friend of hers told me but I kept it within me. Too bad, it did hurt me. For me, I prefer rejection in the first place than to be lied to. Why did she have to lie just so she thought it won’t hurt me? From then she made me thought that it wasn’t an 8 months of happiness. It was an 8 months of lies.  Don’t get me wrong, she’s a nice person. She never cheated even though the feelings weren’t mutual. It’s just that, she doesn’t really know what love is back then.

 

 

“Jess” Tiffany shook my arm

“What?”

“She’s coming”

“WHAT”

 

 

I turned to her direction and saw her approaching our table with a smile. I started getting nervous and my heart was pounding out of my chest. She’s coming. What should I say? Should we hug? Should I say that I miss her? Should I show her that I’m sad?

 

 

“Hey!” Sooyoung cheerfully greeted

“Hi…” I slowly smiled

“It’s been a while!”

“It’s nice to see you again, Soo”

 

 

Out of the blue, Sooyoung wrapped her arms around me and engulfed me in a tight hug. I was shocked by the sudden gesture and affection but I guess it’s normal for her. I bit my lower lip hard, trying to stop myself from crying as tears threatening to fall out. I shut my eyes tightly and hugged her back in return.

 

 

“I missed you, Sica! Where have you been?” Sooyoung asked after she pulled out from the hug

“I’ve been around. College made me busy” I faked a chuckle

“I guess that makes the both of us” Sooyoung chuckled

 

 

Suddenly a slow song started playing and our attention were diverted to the DJ who seemed to be smiling sheepishly to the birthday girl. The birthday blushed when her partner pulled her to the dance floor and they started dancing. I heard Sooyoung giggle after that.

 

 

And I know exactly why.

 

 

“Pst” Sooyoung faced me and whispered

“Hm?”

“It’s…your favorite song”

 

 

She still remembers..

 

 

“Heh, I know right? What are the odds” I chuckled

“That’s no odds. Because we met again, that’s why”

 

 

Her jokes.. That never failed to put a smile on my face. I hate it when she made me feel this way. She made me feel so many different emotions. And here I am, thinking that I thought I’ve moved on.

 

 

“Silly” I scoffed

“Aww, it’s true. You’re here, I’m here, your song’s here. That’s no coincidence. We have this special bond going on between us!”

 

 

Special bond…

 

 

Us…

 

 

“Do you want to dance?”

 

 

Sooyoung asked out of the blue, giving me her well known warm smile. Should I give in?

 

 

“I-”

 

 

Before I could even protest, or answer, Sooyoung grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me to the dance floor, where the other guests were dancing with their own partners. Sooyoung faced me and smiled, before taking my arms and wrapped it around her neck while she placed hers on my waist. She gave me a smile one more time before leading me and swaying our bodies slowly, listening to the rhythm of the song. I bit my lower lip out of nervousness.

 

 

“You okay?” Sooyoung chuckled

“Y-yeah”

“Don’t be shy, it’s not like we have never danced together before”

 

 

Never…

 

 

“Actually, we never did”

 

 

Suddenly the atmosphere turned awkw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter